TWU-IAM Finally Getting Ready for JCBA Negotiations

Bob,
Why did they not pick an M&R person to chair JCBA negotiations? It would have been better to have Tony McCoy. What about Galarza? Doyle has no clue. He never could explain the stock issue when he was asked. Don't you guys have any pull with Lombardo after getting him in?

Reactions: 1 person
Overspeed said:
Bob,
Why did they not pick an M&R person to chair JCBA negotiations? It would have been better to have Tony McCoy. What about Galarza? Doyle has no clue. He never could explain the stock issue when he was asked. Don't you guys have any pull with Lombardo after getting him in?
ahm its the twu you should know the answer already..

Reactions: 2 people
Overspeed said:
Bob,

dfw gen said:
ahm its the twu you should know the answer already..
Well.. I thought "Harry" was Bob's buddy.  Bob always talks him up over here.

Maybe he's setting hisself up for one of dem der int ter na sheonal po sit shions....

Reactions: 2 people
Overspeed said:
Bob,
What's your problem with the committee makeup?
90% of what you post is pro TWU!

Reactions: 3 people
2ndGENAMT,
I am pro TWU and 100% not 90%. I agree with everyone's right to speak up.

Since the majority of information I get from 591 is through what GP posts on the website and Bob's posts here I asked a question. My problem is I expected to have an M&R committee to be chaired by an M&R person. I don't know FSC issues and would not even presume to want to have a non-FSC negotiate or chair FSC negotiations. Sean should have stepped back from this committee and I question why the prior ATD position overseeing the TWU was not replaced with an AMT. M&R now makes up more AA positions than Fleet if my count is correct. Shouldn't we have an AMT in an ATD position? We have Tony McCoy but he represents less than 10% of the M&R membership. FSC has the other two AA ATD positions and they hold less than 50% of the total membership. Even if Lombardo should recognize the AMTs deserve a spot and someone overseeing our issues.

Lombardo needs to do the right thing and add an M&R rep position in the ATD.

DallasConehead said:

Well.. I thought "Harry" was Bob's buddy.  Bob always talks him up over here.

Maybe he's setting hisself up for one of dem der int ter na sheonal po sit shions....
In my opinion we could not have a better representative than Bob Owens in the TWU international.

Reactions: 9 people
Overspeed said:
2ndGENAMT,

Since the majority of information I get from 591 is through what GP posts on the website and Bob's posts here I asked a question. My problem is I expected to have an M&R committee to be chaired by an M&R person. I don't know FSC issues and would not even presume to want to have a non-FSC negotiate or chair FSC negotiations. Sean should have stepped back from this committee and I question why the prior ATD position overseeing the TWU was not replaced with an AMT. M&R now makes up more AA positions than Fleet if my count is correct. Shouldn't we have an AMT in an ATD position? We have Tony McCoy but he represents less than 10% of the M&R membership. FSC has the other two AA ATD positions and they hold less than 50% of the total membership. Even if Lombardo should recognize the AMTs deserve a spot and someone overseeing our issues.

I know this is rather simplistic, but why doesn't someone ask the President of Local 591 (Peterson), who will be doing the actual AMT negotiations, Sean Doyle, or the AMT's on the Committee?  

OldGuy@AA said:
In my opinion we could not have a better representative than Bob Owens in the TWU international.
I have stated before I would vote for him.

I still stand behind that.

Realityck said:

I know this is rather simplistic, but why doesn't someone ask the President of Local 591 (Peterson), who will be doing the actual AMT negotiations, Sean Doyle, or the AMT's on the Committee?  

Better question would be, is there actually going to be any AMTs on the M&R negotiating committee?

Overspeed said:
That is well thought out, fair, and the right thing to do.

That is why it is exactly the WRONG strategy for TWU.

OldGuy@AA said:
Agreed!!  Then watch the colors change. It will be epic.

Overspeed said:
Bob,
I wasn't there so I don't know why they did what they did. I've let them know that I'm not in agreement with having Title III chair both Title I and Title V.

I dont agree with Tony McCoy or Galarza either (McCoy was just as concessionary as Videtich). I think they should do like they did with stores last time around, let the elected people there pick from amongst themselves who will be the chair, take the guys who don't have to live under the deal out of the room completely.  Stores picked Gukelberger and they got the best deal of any group and came out of BK just below WN. Having someone from your title group from the International doesn't guarantee a better result, we had Videtich and ended up by far with the worst deal not only in the industry, not only at AA but even within the TWU. We let the company pick Crew Chiefs yet our CC premium is lower than Fleets, we lose half pay for the first two days out  sick, get straight time for training off shift, have less vacation, no longevity etc. 

Overspeed said:
2ndGENAMT,

Or consolidate Title II Line into 591 and let the three Locals run their affairs as they see fit without anybody in the ATD. They could get rid of McCoy and save more money as well. We never had a Stores ATD, or a Flight Attendant ATD or Sim Tech, or Dispatch. Only Fleet, Title I and T-II have these employees in the International who get so deeply involved in what should be handled by Locals. I don't really want to see more appointed people who have authority over those we elect.  Maybe in the future consolidate all M&R into one local and let have full control of the process like Local 100, 555, 556 etc etc. 

I dont think AMTs "deserve" to have some appointed ATD official put in authority over and above the people we elect. We deserve to have the accountability that goes with elections. After all we had Videtich and Gless and that didn't turn out so well. Sometimes money and the lack of accountability changes people, or at least reveals what they truly are.