US Pilot Labor Thread 7/20-7/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you set the standard on airline pilot qualifications I would still like an answer to my original question.

How much flight time did you have when you were hired by the airline that was later absorbed by USAir?

I still bet it was less than 2000hrs.

You "bet"? = Accepted and covered to any amount you feel comfortable with wagering...although I've seen nothing to ever indicate any west "bet" to be anything other than hollow chest thumping, and hot air. If you're even attempting to make the smallest case for any fantasy attendant to the notion of AWA having been any place at all difficult to find work with, at any point in it's illustrious history...words fail me. You earlier implied that it was more difficult to obtain employment when virtually every major was hiring at record levels during the mid 80's. I'd say that such only proved difficult for those that found themselves without any offered alternative jobs other than AWA. One can draw whatever conclusions seem fair from the record levels of majors then hiring...and yet having only an offer from AWA...which was no one's actual choice pick that I ever personally knew. PM with wager details at your convenience, or just admit that you're "full of it". I'll fairly note that it'd be a very foolish wager for you to actually make..all "I still bet" aside.

You "bet"? = Accepted and covered to any amount you feel comfortable with wagering...although I've seen nothing to ever indicate any west "bet" to be anything other than hollow chest thumping, and hot air. If you're even attempting to make the smallest case for any fantasy attendant to the notion of AWA having been any place at all difficult to find work with, at any point in it's illustrious history...words fail me. You earlier implied that it was more difficult to obtain employment when virtually every major was hiring at record levels during the mid 80's. I'd say that such only proved difficult for those that found themselves without any offered alternative jobs other than AWA. One can draw whatever conclusions seem fair from the record levels of majors then hiring...and yet having only an offer from AWA...which was no one's actual choice pick that I ever personally knew. PM with wager details at your convenience, or just admit that you're "full of it". I'll fairly note that it'd be a very foolish wager for you to actually make..all "I still bet" aside.
You are just full of bluster and B.S.

You seem to think that all pilots hired after you are mere shadows of your ability.

As for chest thumping, you are clearly the king and I would be hesitant to nominate anyone as a runner up who could approach your ability to preen.

Answer the question. How much flight time did Mr. Experience have when first hired?

You are just full of bluster and B.S.

You seem to think that all pilots hired after you are mere shadows of your ability.

As for chest thumping, you are clearly the king and I would be hesitant to nominate anyone as a runner up who could approach your ability to preen.

Answer the question. How much flight time did Mr. Experience have when first hired?

I've no such notions as you so eagerly would assign me. It's simply a matter of historical fact that well qualified aviators had their pick of several job offers from within the majors during the period you imply as being so difficult to find work within. None of such people as I knew sought work with AWA within such a target rich enviornment, (other than one who interviewed elsewhere poorly and was desperate for awhile),and AWA was considered fullest cause for pity, and for best wishes for eventual "real" employment. You may like the truth of that or not. I couldn't care less.

"Answer the question." = Place your wager if you wish. If you've no back up for your bluster, suffice it to note that you're wrong by a long shot, and just get over yourself. That last suggestion I offer to your entire group, and respectfully suggest that it's past time to cease playing the foolish ostrich/head-in-the-sand game.

"Once upon a Time"....It took years of devoted effort, excellent scores in most everything, generally, service to one's country as well, at least a Bachelor's Degree...and a substantial amount of initial experience, as well as good judgement, to ever become "An Airline Pilot"...Clearly, as is made plain out west, and very sadly...those times are now but a footnote in history....

After this you have the audacity to say that I need to get over myself.

You appear to be an insecure and dangerous pilot. The few I have run into over the years who believe their own P.R. (The standards were higher when I was hired - I was literally chased by the airlines - No one can hold a candle to my qualifications - etc, etc.) are usually the weak sisters.

This is only reenforced by your earlier, ridiculous challenge/wager that you could best anyone in some convoluted mano - a - mano simulator standoff.

Why don't we all drop our pants, get a tape measure and move on. This appears to be where you are headed next.

You are a child.

After this you have the audacity to say that I need to get over myself.

Yep..you do. You offered a "bet" which was accepted. Rather than admitting your error; your following responses amounted to "I was just kidding about the bet". Any/All further "bluster" is sadly typical of your group and serves little purpose. Get over yourself. :lol:

Yep..you do. You offered a "bet" which was accepted. Rather than admitting your error; your following responses amounted to "I was just kidding about the bet". Any/All further "bluster" is sadly typical of your group and serves little purpose. Get over yourself. :lol:

"I bet it was less than 2000hrs."

This is rhetorical statement. I did not say meet me on the streetcorner in fifteen minutes.

Perhaps you missed this because it is your pattern to revert to fifth grade tactics and bet everyone $5, who dares challenge your B.S. that your dad can beat up his dad.

You apparently do believe that you were hired in a golden era when airlines demanded the pinnacle of experience, judgement, style and everything you think you see when you are drooling into the mirror.

I feel sorry for the F.O.s whom you are inflicted upon. No doubt they watch over you carefully.

Of course, after paying the bill for medical coverage for furloughees who weren't covered elsewhere for a while, the majority of voting pilots decided to discontinue that benefit for the furloughees.

Jim

The vote on continuing the payment of the furloughees medical passed many times over the years by a wide margin. When it finally failed, it was after every pilot on the list had been offered an opportunity to return to USAirways, even though the offer was for an MDA position. Many pilots refused to return for an MDA position for their own personal reasons; it was obvious to everybody but the ALPA MEC that the MDA positions were, in fact, mainline. (The PHL LEC Sec/Treas was an MDA pilot and a furloughee could not have held that position.)

So, by the time the pilots finally voted to discontinue the benefit, the only pilots who were affected were those that rejected recall (and the opportunity to have the company paid medical.) That's hardly throwing anybody under the bus.

"I bet it was less than 2000hrs."

This is rhetorical statement. I did not say meet me on the streetcorner in fifteen minutes.

Perhaps you missed this because it is your pattern to revert to fifth grade tactics and bet everyone $5, who dares challenge your B.S. that your dad can beat up his dad.

You apparently do believe that you were hired in a golden era when airlines demanded the pinnacle of experience, judgement, style and everything you think you see when you are drooling into the mirror.

I feel sorry for the F.O.s whom you are inflicted upon. No doubt they watch over you carefully.

Ya, EastUS's bravado and machismo get old. Insisting on embellishing on ones qualifications and then belittleing others usually is a good sign of insecurity. It seems he needs some sort of reinforcement he isn't getting elsewhere. I have been able to locate a clip of a flight EastUS had rescently. His behavior speaks for itself!

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/12339

So, at one time, you liked it? But, over time, like any immature child, your attention was drawn to something else?

No, like a crying baby, (I'm a father of two so I understand), you just ignore or deal with it. But after a couple of hours, its difficult to ignore and gets very annoying!

Get it now old man?

No, like a crying baby, (I'm a father of two so I understand), you just ignore or deal with it. But after a couple of hours, its difficult to ignore and gets very annoying!
You could learn a few things from your kids. I have none so I just watch you guys. :rolleyes:

On a slightly more serious note, any predictions on when the joint contract will be up for vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back