US Pilots Labor Discussion 2/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of hard to represent people who don't join then cry foul, I think we will be the ones finishing things around here, enjoy the ride.
USAPA should have thought about soliciting input from the west before the C&BLs were written. The one's who dreamed up this hairbrained excuse for a union created this mess themselves.

Again it's the adults stuck with cleaning it up.

PS- Next time you're choosing your morning muffin, pick regular instead of Extra Macho.

Westies,

Just like when Graber asked what did they do? What was the act? When did the harm occur?

Wondering how the AOL boys are going to spin a loss at the 9th?

LOA 93 pay restoration is going to devistate the west.

We don't even have to mention MDA anymore........that is like icing on the cake.

Tough month for the west!

Hate
Hate- Looks like the Desert Judge is smelling some toast burning in San Fran. He is trying to backpeddle and not hang it out too far in light of the train lights he is starting to see coming down the tracks EASTBOUND to PHX.

Westies,

Just like when Graber asked what did they do? What was the act? When did the harm occur?

We don't even have to mention MDA anymore........that is like icing on the cake.

Hate
Spinning messages is a tactic of those who don't want their audience to know the truth. Nothing to spin here. If the 9th rules in USAPA's favor on ripeness (very small probability), they are far from being free of guilt, especially if they continue to disregard the NIC and push ahead with DOH.

The probabilities of succeeding on the other matters are also far worse that 50/50 so your unfettered optimism is rather out of touch with reality. But hey, hope springs eternal. Good luck with that.

Luvn,

We love USAPA back here in the east. We have spent a ton of money and wasted alot of time on the DFR issue. You boys and girls out west are about to get schooled on the ripeness doctrine. This will fracture the west even more than you are now.

USAPA=Best money spent in a long time!

Hate

Westies,

Hate
Speaking of MDA, even the Westies had to notice the company slip up in the latest distance learning module- they said AWA was starting the flows pre merger, and USAirways was starting it in "OUR 170's"

Luvn,

We love USAPA back here in the east. We have spent a ton of money and wasted alot of time on the DFR issue. You boys and girls out west are about to get schooled on the ripeness doctrine. This will fracture the west even more than you are now.

USAPA=Best money spent in a long time!

Hate
USAPA was born of necessity. ALPA had done us many, many disservices. The pension was the nail in the coffin for me. Another was MDA. One more ALPA sanctioned screw job for the junior guy. You would have thought they knew when to stop but they just kept working with the company ALPA sympathizers on one B Scale after another.From that day on, we had to take them out, and out they came. Mike Cleary was elected for a reason. He is just what we want going forward. We need to have a big ring made for him, just like the one the Pope wears.

Swan,

I told the westies about the PHL meeting where we all kissed Cleary's ring! They will never understand why we launched ALPA off the property. Oh well some people just have to live it.

Hate

Westies,

Hate

When Graber asked those questions, it sounded to me like she had already made up her mind that usapa was on the wrong side of this arguement, and she needed a little extra ammo to put in the decision, to help explain it to Seeham and team. If I am wrong though, and AOL losses at the 9th, I really do not expect any "spin" to be forthcoming. Just a reasoned course of action as to how to proceed based on the 9th's ruling and opinion.

LOA 93 pay restoration will devistate the east. Say goodbye to at least 10% of the east fleet upon the decision, and the rest of the fleet within 2 years. Know where they will go? Give you a hint, as per the TA, "The airline parties will not transfer aircraft from attachment A to the fleet of the other airline." Hmmmm, that assumes there are still 2 seperate "airlines", as in the period prior to single carrier status when the TA was written, not 2 seperate "operations". All you east posters are soooo quick to point out, there is no AWA anymore, we are only one "airline" now. It is okay though, you can all have jobs, as per the TA on the bottom of the West seniority list after we recall our furloughs. Heck, half your captains will even make captain again. Good luck with that LOA 93 thing. and oh, your going to love PBS.

You are correct...you do not need to mention the furloughed MDA pilots, or their correct positioning on the Nic anymore.

When Graber asked those questions, it sounded to me like she had already made up her mind that usapa was on the wrong side of this arguement, and she needed a little extra ammo to put in the decision, to help explain it to Seeham and team. If I am wrong though, and AOL losses at the 9th, I really do not expect any "spin" to be forthcoming. Just a reasoned course of action as to how to proceed based on the 9th's ruling and opinion.

LOA 93 pay restoration will devistate the east. Say goodbye to at least 10% of the east fleet upon the decision, and the rest of the fleet within 2 years. Know where they will go? Give you a hint, as per the TA, "The airline parties will not transfer aircraft from attachment A to the fleet of the other airline." Hmmmm, that assumes there are still 2 seperate "airlines", as in the period prior to single carrier status when the TA was written, not 2 seperate "operations". All you east posters are soooo quick to point out, there is no AWA anymore, we are only one "airline" now. It is okay though, you can all have jobs, as per the TA on the bottom of the West seniority list after we recall our furloughs. Heck, half your captains will even make captain again. Good luck with that LOA 93 thing. and oh, your going to love PBS.

You are correct...you do not need to mention the furloughed MDA pilots, or their correct positioning on the Nic anymore.
You guys got a lot of mileage out of that judge! I look at it like those Southern judges that used to overrule any civil rights cases in the south. Overturn the murder convictions, and on and on. They were in the pockets of the locals. I wonder which one of you the Desert Judge knew? Whose family did he hang with? Any other judge with any knowledge of labor law would NEVER have hung it out like this guy did. He almost had NMB lawyers parachuting into his chambers!

:rant:

Mike Cleary was elected for a reason. He is just what we want going forward. We need to have a big ring made for him, just like the one the Pope wears.

The ring the pope wears is a signet, used in the past to seal official papal documents. Upon the popes death, the ring is crushed to prevent forged backdated documents from becoming a possibility. Cleary does need a ring like that, we need to make certain just who is responsible for what at usapa, so we know who to collect from later.

Was Cleary was the guy who got up in the crewroom news, and accused Parker of furloughing in the worst economic climate since the great depression, as a negotiating tactic ? Yeah, you usapa folks sure need a guy like that, make sure you re-elect him when his term is up. Oh, wait, I have a better idea, maybe you all can eliminate the EVP position, and then all the domicile rep positions, the Sec Tres, and the BPR, so you can all sing praise to his eminence Cleary, sole short man in charge of usapa, center from which all the universe revolves around.

Well it's pretty obvious that there at least a few folks out east spending their snow days watching alot of TV; southern judges, burning toast, etc.

But they are raising a point that shouldn't be ignored. Unlike the east, the west should prepare contingency plans and not rest until the battle is won with Nicolau intact and a decent joint contract (voted or imposed).

All it would have taken is a bit over 200 east NO votes on USAPA and the west would have never had to face this long slow nightmare. Unfortunately the ALPA supporters ran it to the 1 yard line and then figured that was good enough. The west needs to engage the east pilots as a group and be compelling, prominent and vocal. USAPA (in it's present destructive form) can be defeated, but until it is, the work must continue.

I thank the east contributors to this discussion that remind us not to rest until the job is done.

You guys got a lot of mileage out of that judge! I look at it like those Southern judges that used to overrule any civil rights cases in the south. Overturn the murder convictions, and on and on. They were in the pockets of the locals. I wonder which one of you the Desert Judge knew? Whose family did he hang with? Any other judge with any knowledge of labor law would NEVER have hung it out like this guy did. He almost had NMB lawyers parachuting into his chambers!

And he is going to be the gift that keeps on giving. Look for a large assessment coming to a paycheck near you. The NMB lawyers, love to skydive, we hang out with them also, know all their kids, bar-b-que on weekends. They were just going to stop in at Wake's to make sure the good guys ( that is their friends out West) were going to win. Because any lawyer with any knowledge of labor law and the RLA knows what usapa and Seeham tried to do would not fly. Lets go ask some,,,oh wait,,,Bradford already did that, and was told in no uncertain terms,,,,,conceal your intent,,,,it is illegal,,,,,. Even Wake asked for guidence from the company's attorney at the injunction hearing regarding the RLA. Seems the rest of the world has a different reality towards labor law than usapa.

All it would have taken is a bit over 200 east NO votes on USAPA and the west would have never had to face this long slow nightmare. Unfortunately the ALPA supporters ran it to the 1 yard line and then figured that was good enough. The west needs to engage the east pilots as a group and be compelling, prominent and vocal. USAPA (in it's present destructive form) can be defeated, but until it is, the work must continue.

You arguing that a majority settles the matter. Sorta like Al Franken.. just keep the recounting going until you discover a majority that gives you the conclusion you have been dreaming of. <_< :lol:

Westies,

Hate
Just what would be tough about this month. Nothing has been decided.

No ruling in the ninth, yet.

Have you read the company opener in the snap back? I would not count that as a win.

MDA conference on the 12. Can you say ripeness?

How about one of you legal eagles explain how the Addington is not ripe because we do not have a single contract yet. But the MDA case is ripe when we do not have a single contract yet. Where is the harm to the MDA guys?

Can you say dismissed because of ripeness?

Status
Not open for further replies.