US Pilots Labor Discussion 2/10- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chest-thumping from the Easties has me worried. I know many of you sought assistance from the ALPA CIRP (that's critical incident response program) after the Nicolau list was revealed. Does USAPA have a CIRP or its equivalent? Seems like expectations aren't being properly managed -- again.

Oh, and notice how even Dear Leader Cleary isn't announcing how "supremely confident" he is in the appeal anymore? I wonder why not?

And he is going to be the gift that keeps on giving. Look for a large assessment coming to a paycheck near you. The NMB lawyers, love to skydive, we hang out with them also, know all their kids, bar-b-que on weekends. They were just going to stop in at Wake's to make sure the good guys ( that is their friends out West) were going to win. Because any lawyer with any knowledge of labor law and the RLA knows what usapa and Seeham tried to do would not fly. Lets go ask some,,,oh wait,,,Bradford already did that, and was told in no uncertain terms,,,,,conceal your intent,,,,it is illegal,,,,,. Even Wake asked for guidence from the company's attorney at the injunction hearing regarding the RLA. Seems the rest of the world has a different reality towards labor law than usapa.
Let' s see. Wake is asking for guidance from the company lawyers regarding the RLA........

Just what would be tough about this month. Nothing has been decided.

No ruling in the ninth, yet.

Have you read the company opener in the snap back? I would not count that as a win.

MDA conference on the 12. Can you say ripeness?

How about one of you legal eagles explain how the Addington is not ripe because we do not have a single contract yet. But the MDA case is ripe when we do not have a single contract yet. Where is the harm to the MDA guys?

Can you say dismissed because of ripeness?
The fruit ripened very quickly when they were prevented from the very first equipment bid on mainline.This was stated in the last thread, way back. You seemed to miss this one, among other things.

The chest-thumping from the Easties has me worried. I know many of you sought assistance from the ALPA CIRP (that's critical incident response program) after the Nicolau list was revealed. Does USAPA have a CIRP or its equivalent? Seems like expectations aren't being properly managed -- again.

Oh, and notice how even Dear Leader Cleary isn't announcing how "supremely confident" he is in the appeal anymore? I wonder why not?
No chest thumping, certainly no CIRP. Realization that the local Desert Judge took your dream as far as he possibly could. I say he gets pulled up short on his leash very shortly. Pretty telling when he is so far out of his league that he has to ask the COMPANY lawyers for guidance. I am sure they were fair and unbiased...............

No chest thumping, certainly no CIRP. Realization that the local Desert Judge took your dream as far as he possibly could. I say he gets pulled up short on his leash very shortly. Pretty telling when he is so far out of his league that he has to ask the COMPANY lawyers for guidance. I am sure they were fair and unbiased...............

Let me put that into a little perspective for you. Wake asked the compnay lawyer to comment on a Case that the company's lawyer was directly involved in. You see, Seham had referrenced that Case, arguing that it supported USAPA's position. As usual, Seham was off by 180degrees and the Judge asked the company Lawyer to clarify... since he was the actual lawyer being referrenced.OH btw, the companies guy writes RLA textbooks and is regarded to be a leading authority on Labor law.

Seham got spanked yet again. We all know how that trial ended up. Some of us still don't "get it" but they will.

That "local desert judge" as you call him is a federal judge it just goes to show how little you know or how you belittle what you do not understand.

As explained that company lawyer is a very knowledgeable RLA lawyer. Besides have the east pilots not told us that the company wants DOH. Why would the company tell the judge that he can impose the injunction for the Nicolau if the company wanted DOH?

So people are only unbiased if they agree will the east position? Is that how you define fair?

If the ninth rules in favor of judge Wake does that mean that Seham got pulled up short by his lease?

Because he knows it's just more fodder for the west pilots to continue attacks. Why give you any more ammunition? Look at what happened at the start of this thread. You folks immediately went apoplectic at the mere mention of his name. He doesn't need to rattle your cages when you are perfectly willing to be rattled all on your own.

Sad, really.

No chest thumping, certainly no CIRP.
Good. I'm glad you'll be okay. You may be needed to counsel others in need, however.
Realization that the local Desert Judge took your dream as far as he possibly could.
Just as I'm sure your dreams never included a merger with America West I assure you ours never included a merger with US Airways. Neither Judge Wake nor any other court could possibly eliminate the nightmare the East pilots have wrought upon us.
I say he gets pulled up short on his leash very shortly.
In my best folksy Sarah Palin voice, "That sounds like chest-thumping to me!"

Well it's pretty obvious that there at least a few folks out east spending their snow days watching alot of TV; southern judges, burning toast, etc.

But they are raising a point that shouldn't be ignored. Unlike the east, the west should prepare contingency plans and not rest until the battle is won with Nicolau intact and a decent joint contract (voted or imposed).

All it would have taken is a bit over 200 east NO votes on USAPA and the west would have never had to face this long slow nightmare. Unfortunately the ALPA supporters ran it to the 1 yard line and then figured that was good enough. The west needs to engage the east pilots as a group and be compelling, prominent and vocal. USAPA (in it's present destructive form) can be defeated, but until it is, the work must continue.

I thank the east contributors to this discussion that remind us not to rest until the job is done.

The 18-24 month" federal mediation process" has almost begun...what's the hurry anyway. Just relax......time is on the east side no matter what the 9th says.

Inverted

I sense almost as much good old fashioned chain jerking from the east as I do bluster so far in this thread. At any rate, I've actually grown to feel better the more bluster I hear, because it always turns out to be wrong. I know, I know, you got the cards, you don't have to remind me. Although I actually did believe you guys on that one, personally.

Everyday it becomes more and more embarrassing to part of an airline that includes the East mentality. Your antics make it embarrassing to wear this uniform. Your choices have dug yourselves into a hole and you are blaming the shovel.

Do me a favor, when we fly together, keep your complaining to yourself. It's worn out. You lost.

Put up a contract to vote on, and it WILL PASS !!! What is Cleary afraid of? His days of leading the Angry F.O. Club are coming to an end.

All 6 of his supporters on this web board have the same tired mantra. My guess is its only 3 different Angry F.O.'s with 2 screen names....

You could not be more incorrect.
This illustrates one of the worst things about communicating on message boards. Instead of providing any kind of supporting evidence or even a well-reasoned opinion one only has to say "you could not be more incorrect". This is what I mean by chest-thumping. Well, boeingplt, since you said it's so I guess it must be. You sure showed me.

Everyday it becomes more and more embarrassing to part of an airline that includes the East mentality. Your antics make it embarrassing to wear this uniform. Your choices have dug yourselves into a hole and you are blaming the shovel.

Do me a favor, when we fly together, keep your complaining to yourself. It's worn out. You lost.

Put up a contract to vote on, and it WILL PASS !!! What is Cleary afraid of? His days of leading the Angry F.O. Club are coming to an end.

All 6 of his supporters on this web board have the same tired mantra. My guess is its only 3 different Angry F.O.'s with 2 screen names....

If you're embarrassed to put on the uniform, then do us all a favor and quit. I'm certain you would not be missed.

And, assuming you would rather complain than quit, then do me a favor and don't bother flying with us. I'm VERY certain you would not be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.