US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/1- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I HAD glory days in my career. And I have outearned every west pilot every year since your sad little company kicked up its first desert sand. And I still do.

But it beats being at the bottom of the toilet bowl looking up for the entire 27 year existence of the airline you work for with still no end in sight.
Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the day.

Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdown in one game in High School.

Perhaps if a career was just about money, but it is so much more. But go ahead and measure your life by money, I think I will use happiness.

Ouch!

Looks like the company is not going to take the chance of someone saying they did not know about it. Out for distribution is a letter from the company explaining why the snap back is not going to happen.

If the union is not going to tell you the truth I guess the company will have to.

Did the arbitrator rule already? We were told 75 to ninety days.

If he hasn't ruled yet, whatever the company has to say is just more FUD from another westie. The arbitrator told the company up front that "if you owe it, you will pay it."

(Update:) Went looking for this "statement" on which you base your comments. Looks like you are referring to the recently posted (on Wings) company opening argument before the arbitrator. Hardly definitive.

Al Bundy once scored 4 touchdown in one game in High School.

Perhaps if a career was just about money, but it is so much more. But go ahead and measure your life by money, I think I will use happiness.

Are you humming "Kum Ba Ya" to yourself now?

Seems like the happiness standard applies only when confronted with the reality that there are east pilots still leaving the west in the dust pay-wise.

But, when it suits your argument, the west doesn't hesitate to rub LOA 93 pay rates in our collective faces.

There's a word for it, and that word is: hypocrite. Not YOU personally, of course. Just collectively.

My, buddy just called me and said the company must be VERY NERVOUS, when was the last time he recieved a 10 page MEMO explaining THEIR side of a GRIEVENCE! MM!

My, buddy just called me and said the company must be VERY NERVOUS, when was the last time he recieved a 10 page MEMO explaining THEIR side of a GRIEVENCE! MM!

Sure. The company is nervous about how out of whack USAPA has gotten their eastern (only) constituents expectations.

I suppose it is similar to their action of removing the wording of LOA 93 that shows the expiration date of the pay cuts.

Like the rest of the westies, they think if they say it loud enough and repeat it enough, somehow that makes it true.

The acorn sure doesn't fall far from the tree. (Do they have trees in the sand box?)

I suppose it is similar to their action of removing the wording of LOA 93 that shows the expiration date of the pay cuts.

Like the rest of the westies, they think if they say it loud enough and repeat it enough, somehow that makes it true.

The acorn sure doesn't fall far from the tree. (Do they have trees in the sand box?)
Of course an equally plausible scenario is that management would like to bring a sense of reality back to this discussion. I’m sure they remember all too well just how fragile the east pilot’s emotions are when a decision doesn’t go their way. Do we really need more east pilots calling in sick because they are too distraught and physiologically damaged to fly because a failed long-shot, hail marry pass attempt brings a swift end their unrealistic hopes and dreams?

Don't bet on it. We've endured it for 5 years now. The adjustment period is long ago over.

The toys are all gone, homes downsized, etc.

LOA 93 is covering the bills, and that means we can hang on for quite a while.

Years even.

With apologies to The Hothouse Flowers

sung to the tune of Sunshiny Day

I can back Cleary now my toys are gone
He has placed all obstacles in my way
Gone is the new car that I used to drive
It's going to be a bright, bright USAPA day
It's going to be a bright, bright USAPA day
I think I can make it now my pension's gone
And all of my life savings has disappeared
Here is the union I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright USAPA day
Look all around
There's nothing but RJs
Look straight ahead nothing but RJs
I thought I could make it now with ALPA gone
Services I counted on have disappeared
Just another assessment I'll be payin' for

(nycbusdriver @ Mar 11 2010, 11:42 AM)
At least I HAD glory days in my career. And I have outearned every west pilot every year since your sad little company kicked up its first desert sand. And I still do.

But it beats being at the bottom of the toilet bowl looking up for the entire 27 year existence of the airline you work for with still no end in sight.

I'm with NYC here 100%. At least we've experienced the "Glory Days" so sarcastically refered to. What's slightly puzzling is that you're evidently asserting that you made/make less....but are "happy"? OK...umm..then why does the east's refusal to warmly embrace the nic absurdity in favor of such "little things" as attrition and quality of life/schedules/etc seem so utterly incomprehensible to you? Additionally..and I'm sure we'd all love to hear your response: Exactly what is it about AWA that makes you so very "happy"?..and, given that you're obviously quite "happy"; why is the nic so vital to you? Perhaps it's as you noted = "Whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the day."?

(Update:) Went looking for this "statement" on which you base your comments. Looks like you are referring to the recently posted (on Wings) company opening argument before the arbitrator. Hardly definitive.

There seems to be some disconnect here...is there nothing available except on Wings or are pilots receiving memos...

Jim

Ah....those wo serve the master while ignoring the masses. I think it was Hate that said something about the MDA suit costing only $3000 each. For those struggling along at the bottom that's 6 month's pay...gross pay. Yup, life's just peachy for everyone going back and forth to Europe...
Jim

Yes ' we work for $500 a month gross'.

Jim - you are better than this.

whatever the company has to say is just more FUD from another westie.

The arbitrator told the company up front that "if you owe it, you will pay it."

Little Freudian slip? You do realize that you just admitted that the company is just "another westie", i.e. the "westies" are the company because why?

I am sure they will pay if they owe it, but not for long, but it is doubtful they owe it. It is pretty likely that if they find out they were wrong, and the pay restoration takes place, the east can say goodbye to their attrition, fleet etc... and in pretty short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.