When are the F/A's finished voting?

Also, what do the F/A's think will happen?

If I am not mistaken, the ballots will be counted Monday, July 31. While I am not a NWA F/A, my sense is that this contract is very likely to pass since the bankruptcy judge has given NWA management permission to abrogate the existing contract. At this point, it comes down to cutting one's losses. I have also heard that the NWA Negotiating Committee and interim AFA officers have been very pleased by the support that they've received from AFA National. That momentum is usually a good indicator that the tentative will be ratified. ;)

If I am not mistaken, the ballots will be counted Monday, July 31. While I am not a NWA F/A, my sense is that this contract is very likely to pass since the bankruptcy judge has given NWA management permission to abrogate the existing contract. At this point, it comes down to cutting one's losses. I have also heard that the NWA Negotiating Committee and interim AFA officers have been very pleased by the support that they've received from AFA National. That momentum is usually a good indicator that the tentative will be ratified. ;)

(From AFA website)

Judge Gropper's June 29, 2006 Decision Authorizing Rejection of the NWA flight attendant CBA

Judge Gropper found that NWA could impose on July 17, 2006, the rates of pay, rules and working conditions contained in the March 1, 2006 tentative agreement that the flight attendants voted down. Because AFA-CWA has negotiated improvements to the March 1 proposal, the new tentative will become the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement) if it is ratified on July 31. If it is not ratified, the March 1 proposal will be imposed on the NWA flight attendants.

Jenny, do you get any sense that there is sympathy on the line for a strike (full-out or CHAOS) if the company imposes work rules?

I didn't realize that the judge had approved an actual set of work rules/pay scales. I thought he had just wiped out the old CBA.

Well all I am going to say is that the people are not happy. <_< I know what's going to happen and I didn't even feel like voting. Pathetic.

I hope BIG DADDY is around for you when you hear the outcome of the vote. You'll need the shoulder. Good luck girl!
You know Don, after I had the freak accident where a piece of door just broke off and whizzed past my head on ascent, with other people and I having had LM claims getting denied and all that I came to the conclusion that NW really don't care about their workers, esp. with that poor gal that got crushed by a tug who was overworked.

I'm not even caring too much anymore. For those who have invested much time and money into the company and have mouths to feed I feel truly sorry for.

My big daddy spent twenty years for this #&*^*&^@ for nothing.

Boy, was I ever mistaken. I really wish NWA flight attendants the best outcome possible. I am recovering from surgery and am off for the next few months. I will dig out my green CHAOS t-shirt to lend my voice, should it come to that...

You know Don, after I had the freak accident where a piece of door just broke off and whizzed past my head on ascent, with other people and I having had LM claims getting denied and all that I came to the conclusion that NW really don't care about their workers, esp. with that poor gal that got crushed by a tug who was overworked.

I'm not even caring too much anymore. For those who have invested much time and money into the company and have mouths to feed I feel truly sorry for.

My big daddy spent twenty years for this #&*^*&^@ for nothing.

You're a GEM Jenny. Tell BIG DADDY to keep hanging tough. Looks like things are coming to a head.

Back