Judge Rules NWA F/A's Have Right To Strike

>>>>>WHAT AFA DIDN'T TELL <<<<<<<<< :down: :down: :down:

With regard to AFA and their proud announcement about getting the right to strike--what AFA didn't say in their press release is that the judge rejected AFA's motion to institute the improved TA of July 15.

The judge agreed with NWA's argument that any union would have no reason to bargain in good faith knowing that any rejected TA would eventually be put into place by order of a bankruptcy judge.

In addition, the judge also stated that AFA would have had a possibility of having him rule in favor of the July 15 TA, if they had argued that, under the section 6 provisions of the Railway Labor Act (which encourages the sides to keep talking to avoid transportation disruptions), that NWA had abrogated their statutory duty to negotiate in good faith by immediately imposing terms of the March TA without AFA's consent. AFA, instead, had immediately announced and organized the "CHAOS" sporadic strikes prior to a court hearing to rule on the legality of a strike. This has already caused NWA harm and the judge said he couldn't approve the July 15 TA.

I have seen AFA in action, they usually prefer to negotiate, and I believe are totally out of their realm when it comes to an actual job action.

Every week since January with classes ranging from 30 to 45 people. Yes, United is hiring.

Sorry, when I said 'we' I was thinking of the AMFA M&R (which are not hiring).

Take Care,
B) UT

Back