Why there will never be a T.A.

Steve not all of the Wellness programs require you to divulge any of your personal information although I’ve never quite understood how they don’t have much of it already when you make a claim for payment for procedures?

As far as eating crappy food, not exercising and smoking I guess those can be hidden from the Company to a degree.

Anyway just off the top of my head I can think of 2 they implemented. First the entire Company is now a No Smoking area. Even if most flaunt it some have decided to go for it and join in (Me for instance) and the Work Fit program going around the system is the other one.

BTW you really trust that Primary Care Doctor either. He certainly asks lots of questions about you doesn’t he.

And I’ve seen what some of these Mediators look like and I’m personally not seeing Rambo or The Terminator popping through any of those doorways, lmao.

Yes the Dr office submits a bill to AA for a battery of tests performed on me. But the office doesn't share results. And if they did personally I'd sue them hard enough to never have to worry about this JCBA.
The fact anyone signed up for the smoking classes tells AA who smokes, and in the future they will know if it leads to health related expenses. Go sign up to check your blood pressure or cholesterol, give them that freebie too.

Again Al it doesn’t matter how happy they want to make me if your Negotiators stand firm not to allow me and my group to vote on something which the Association Constitution gives them 100% right not to do.
AANOTOK makes a good point not putting a contract to vote fearing it will pass is absurd, think about it

Yes the Dr office submits a bill to AA for a battery of tests performed on me. But the office doesn't share results. And if they did personally I'd sue them hard enough to never have to worry about this JCBA.
The fact anyone signed up for the smoking classes tells AA who smokes, and in the future they will know if it leads to health related expenses. Go sign up to check your blood pressure or cholesterol, give them that freebie too.

I’m not worried about what AA knows about me, I’m worried about what gets shrared out there when you go to sign up for insurance after you leave AA. But no Steve I’m not formally joining any of their Wellness programs to gain a few bucks back in an envelope. Don’t think I need to be that shrewd in my life.

I quit smoking because I had and was continuing to cause enough damage to myself and it was way past time to stop. Pure willpower too man.

Like I said I think AA’s overall Medical expenses are going to go WAY down because they are bringing in kids all over the Company and buying us older farts that use more Medical out the door.

I DO NOT trust the Company to pass that savings back down to us period. I want them monitored and scrutinized.

AANOTOK makes a good point not putting a contract to vote fearing it will pass is absurd, think about it

I’d like to know honestly where someone has said that?

Speaking for your IAM Fleet Negotiators specifically if they don’t mind I just “currently” see no major economic (And Political) reason for them to vote yes to send something back for the entire collective to vote on especially if it doesn’t really improve the standing of the Members they directly represent?

There is NO WAY that NYer would be advocating for a vote if the deal that was in front of him was concessionary to his membership. It would be complete and utter Political suicide. Not to also mention that his ultimate responsibility is to represent the MIA Membership that chose him for that position.

The decision about letting something out to a vote before Section 6 would most likely come because of a last or final offer being presented, not necessarily because of the merits.

If there is such a presentation, it should be for the Members to decide if we go to the next phase of this process.

Last edited:
The decision about letting something out to a vote before Section 6 would most likely come because of a last or final offer being presented.

Well that date should be coming fairly soon then?

The question is will it be enough to please AMT’s against the loss of work the Company has proposed? Title 2 against all the work the Company wants to RIP from them? IAM as far as work (Catering) the Company wants to RIP from them?

Funny when you look at it on the surface at least the group the Company is showing taking the softest hits on would be LAA TWU Fleet.

Aside from the Lavatory language they backed off the Biggy of Deicing in most cities which has no effect on your city anyway.

NYer quite honestly this offer from the Company is really not too shabby an offer for Fleet MIA now is it? Not too hard to understand your advocacy to snatch it.

The decision about letting something out to a vote before Section 6 would most likely come because of a last or final offer being presented.

I could see that happening but imo whatever is put out will get voted in so it has better be good. Maybe like our LAA bk vote there won't be a high voter turnout buy I'm afraid whatever is put out will get voted in. I'm not a big fan of putting it out for a vote with a No recommendation from the union, while there are some brave souls on Fourms and Fakebook who stand by a No Vote, overall I think fear and restlessness has taken hold on the majority. So I'm hoping it's something we can live with because no matter how much the union says vote NO, most members have a memory like a goldfish and will be blaming the union in 2 years time for what they have. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath

I could see that happening but imo whatever is put out will get voted in so it has better be good. Maybe like our LAA bk vote there won't be a high voter turnout buy I'm afraid whatever is put out will get voted in. I'm not a big fan of putting it out for a vote with a No recommendation from the union, while there are some brave souls on Fourms and Fakebook who stand by a No Vote, overall I think fear and restlessness has taken hold on the majority. So I'm hoping it's something we can live with because no matter how much the union says vote NO, most members have a memory like a goldfish and will be blaming the union in 2 years time for what they have. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not holding my breath

Steve I’ll bet you $100 that anything put out will come with no recommendations whatsoever?

Not so sure it would pass. There are parts that have been unseen that will certainly not appeal to many. Once the details are known it could certainly change a few minds that base their current decision of acceptance on the public bullet points.

If there is a vote and it fails, it would be the best opportunity to have changes considered in Section 6 and the airline and the NMB would know the current structure of the airline proposal was insufficient.

Understood.

In a contractual context is where these are listed in separate articles, Compensation, Scope, Medical, Pension.

The airline has publicly made their positions in Compensation and Pension. That being the case, it would be difficult to adjust those to make improvements in Medical and Scope.

So, if the Association has to move towards the airline it would need to be in those two areas unless they're willing to pull back elsewhere and face the backlash for the sake of the medical and scope.
The company has made their positions, that’s true...that doesn’t mean it is a completed article. The Association has also stated a position on those same articles. Naturally they are not congruent. That in itself means they can either be accepted/adjusted/ or completely changed. That is why I’m saying all of the afore mentioned pieces are tied to the overall financial package, therefore intermingled.

Not so sure it would pass. There are parts that have been unseen that will certainly not appeal to many. Once the details are known it could certainly change a few minds that base their current decision of acceptance on the public bullet points.

If there is a vote and it fails, it would be the best opportunity to have changes considered in Section 6 and the airline and the NMB would know the current structure of the airline proposal was insufficient.
When the company has "is able to" such as outsource written in the contract it is my experience they do.So consider that "will" outsour e

The company has made their positions, that’s true...that doesn’t mean it is a completed article. The Association has also stated a position on those same articles. Naturally they are not congruent. That in itself means they can either be accepted/adjusted/ or completely changed. That is why I’m saying all of the afore mentioned pieces are tied to the overall financial package, therefore intermingled.

A comprehensive proposal is the sum of its parts. Some of those parts have been made public thereby making it difficult to change one in order to make another part better.

At this point, most want the parts that have been shown the light of day. How do we make other parts better if the expectation by the Mediator is for us to move towards the airline rather than the airline move towards us.

Is that a way for the union leaders to cover their own asses?

You can be the judge of that yourself. Personally I think it’s kind of PSY chit for an elected leader to not offer his recommendation.

I may not agree with his recommendation but I’ll respect him as a man for having the balls to offer it.

Is that a way for the union leaders to cover their own asses?
I don’t think so...if it comes with a VOTE NO recommendation, it would be because even though the JCBA would be considered “sub par” to the NCs, the Association would be legally obligated (forced) to put it out. Naturally if forced to put it out, without the improvements or language that The NC wanted, IMO it would come with a Recommendation of NO.
On the other hand, if the NC feels like there are enough positives to Accept a TA and put out for ratification...That IMO would come with a YES Recommendation.