Why there will never be a T.A.

What happened was the twu and the iam lobbied the NMB. Telling them that they had the right to speak on the members behalf and to allow the association without a vote. Meanwhile they were telling the membership that we would have a vote. Little, lombardo, garcia, samuelson along with others all of them new about this and lied to the membership. Buffenbarger and his cronies from the iam and trumka from the afl-cio are just as responsible. None of these worthless b######s are concerned about the membership. They are only concerned about dues.

Actually it was James Little who was the International President. John Samuelsen was TWU Local 100 President and VERY FAR from a fan of Little and Alex Garcia was TWU COPE director and had zero say even if he knew anything about a vote or not but why would he know?

And the IAM and TWU never “lobbied” the NMB, they “petitioned” it. And you can read the rest for yourself on their website.

Although frankly woop de woop now anyway.

“REAR VIEW”

What happened was the twu and the iam lobbied the NMB. Telling them that they had the right to speak on the members behalf and to allow the association without a vote. Meanwhile they were telling the membership that we would have a vote. Little, lombardo, garcia, samuelson along with others all of them new about this and lied to the membership. Buffenbarger and his cronies from the iam and trumka from the afl-cio are just as responsible. None of these worthless b######s are concerned about the membership. They are only concerned about dues.

Oh and BTW they did have the right to speak on the members behalf but it was the NMB who ultimately agreed that there didn’t need to be a vote and allow the Association to proceed.

Basically the “Association” only really exists for the purpose of Collective Bargaining after which the TWU and IAM can basically go their Merry Way except for a few meetings per year under contractual obligations and any other outside the agreement endeavors they may decide to pursue together.

View attachment 12905

Not so sure it is that simple because each station has been divvied-up between the IAM and TWU, and while (someday) we will have one CBA I think there are some very big differences within the organization hierarchies, especially as it affect fleet service in the roles and responsibilities of leads/crew chiefs.

Oh and BTW they did have the right to speak on the members behalf but it was the NMB who ultimately agreed that there didn’t need to be a vote and allow the Association to proceed.

My point is that they were telling the membership that they were going to get to vote. When they knew that we were not going to get to vote because they were stabbing the membership in the back by lobbying against a vote. Oh and BTW I'm sure that jim little was the only one that that knew about the forming of the association RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Keep defending your buddies it only makes you look like an idiot.

Reactions: 1AA
My point is that they were telling the membership that they were going to get to vote. When they knew that we were not going to get to vote because they were stabbing the membership in the back by lobbying against a vote. Oh and BTW I'm sure that jim little was the only one that that knew about the forming of the association RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Keep defending your buddies it only makes you look like an idiot.

Not defending. We should have had a vote “before” they formed the Association. But we didn’t and here we are today. I see ZERO point in griping over this issue any longer as it’s so far in the rear view now that it can’t even be seen any longer.

“REAR VIEW”

Not defending. We should have had a vote “before” they formed the Association. But we didn’t and here we are today. I see ZERO point in griping over this issue any longer as it’s so far in the rear view now that it can’t even be seen any longer.

“REAR VIEW”

That's the problem, people need to remember the type of organization we pay dues to. Who's interests take priority? It damn sure wasn't the membership minions. Never ever trust the union, never trust the company.

“REAR VIEW”

Most vehicles have both a Rear View Mirror and a larger Windshield. Both of them are needed to safely navigate.

There won't be a JCBA anytime soon because there are 3 GREEDY PARTIES at the Table. Looks like a train wreck.

I hope the JUN 11-12 Talks prove me WRONG.

Clean the 591 swamp in April of 2019! If they can not get a great contract while AA is making billions guess what is coming...……...

“REAR VIEW”
Never forget the vote that the TWU promised us!!! That is why the company is laughing at our ASSociation!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh and part 2 here myself and Old NYer went round and round quite a few times on as well. Always hoped someone else would pick up and point this piece out to him, but alas no one ever did.

Basically the “Association” only really exists for the purpose of Collective Bargaining after which the TWU and IAM can basically go their Merry Way except for a few meetings per year under contractual obligations and any other outside the agreement endeavors they may decide to pursue together.

View attachment 12905
Who then monitors the ratio of IAM/TWU members that is supposed to be maintained, BTW
where can we see a report that it is being maintained? I do not remember the figure but I thought it was two TWU
members for every one IAM member.

Who then monitors the ratio of IAM/TWU members that is supposed to be maintained, BTW
where can we see a report that it is being maintained? I do not remember the figure but I thought it was two TWU
members for every one IAM member.

Good questions and here’s a link to what’s out there before my Local tries to figure out a way to restrict me from that as well.

http://www.twulocal568.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Association

Off the top of my head I don’t believe the cities that were already assigned change hands. I remember something in the writing about the two groups meeting yearly to reassess the percentages and if the disparity was large enough some cities (small ones I guess) could be reassigned.

Now personally I think that would be a BIG mistake any way you cut it. My advice would be if and when new cities open or reopen just assign them and leave well enough alone.

Don’t think there would be any monitoring or a report even thought about until we all get JCBA’s IMO?

Clean the 591 swamp in April of 2019! If they can not get a great contract while AA is making billions guess what is coming...……...
Nothing is going to happen. If your talking about a card drive then solve this problem. Some want the TWU, some want the IAM and some will still want the IBT. There will be a card drive if things continue at this pace. We all need to be on the same page. I see mediaton before a successful card drive. The comany can't afford to lose their toy lapdog association. The association can't afford to lose union dues. Until we all wake up it will be challenging and business as usual.

Off the top of my head I don’t believe the cities that were already assigned change hands. I remember something in the writing about the two groups meeting yearly to reassess the percentages and if the disparity was large enough some cities (small ones I guess) could be reassigned.

If I am not mistaken, but has there been mention in this forum of BOS switching from IAM to TWU? Wouldn't surprise me to see further attempts to flip some of them more balanced stations.

If I am not mistaken, but has there been mention in this forum of BOS switching from IAM to TWU? Wouldn't surprise me to see further attempts to flip some of them more balanced stations.

There already was a solution made for BOS. It’s going to be an interesting “experiment” in dual representation there. Hopefully they can work together and be an example of what Unionism should be all about?

http://www.twulocal568.org/docs/Association BOS Letter-1.pdf

As far as any more balanced Stations flipping, no. None of them were that balanced for there to be any confusion or controversy over.

There already was a solution made for BOS. It’s going to be an interesting “experiment” in dual representation there.

Dual representation you call it. Do you think we're possibly engaged in Dual unionism?

From Wikipedia:

Dual unionism is the development of a union or political organization parallel to and within an existing labor union. In some cases, the term may refer to the situation where two unions claim the right to organize the same workers.

Dual unionism is sometimes considered to be destructive to solidarity essential to the orderly functioning of labor unions and the exercise of their power vis-a-vis the employer.

Many countries outlaw dual unionism in their national, state or local labor relations acts. Many unions also outlaw dual unionism as part of their constitutions.

However, some labor unions and political organizations advocate dual unionism as a means of survival or as a strategy for winning political power. The Industrial Workers of the World, for example, advocates dual unionism (although the behavior is called 'dual cardism').[1] Such organizations and/or unions argue that dual unionism may be compatible with the goals of the union and therefore not a hindrance to the union. Labor parties which incorporate unions into their structures and social movement unionism, it is argued[by whom?], are examples where political organizations co-exist constructively with unions.

The distinction between dual unionism and mere internal politics is often not clear. Many unions have political factions or caucuses which disagree on the policies, finances, values and goals of the union. But internal politics rarely rise to the level of dual unionism. In certain cases, where the situation is unclear, whether an action actually constitutes dual unionism must be resolved politically (e.g., by the exercise of power) within the union.

Back