would you want a NW/ US merger?

would you want a NW/ US merger? either way, why?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand the urge to merge all of a sudden.

Where's the benefit? If we should ever merge with anyone, it should be with someone whom brings with it an area of the world where we are weak.

We could build our own Latin American system over time. All we really need is Brazil (being the largest auto center in SA. Moreover, an DTW and L.A. Sao Paulo could be a gold mine for us. Something that I have heard is on the burner...when more a/c arrive)

We could dismantle AMS and fly any route in Europe non stop x heathrow. We dominate US-Canada.

What would be in it for us to merge with US? Dal and Cal, AA bring with them a large SA system. Further, each brings with it an independent asset outside of SA. US does not.

I don't understand the urge to merge all of a sudden.

Where's the benefit? If we should ever merge with anyone, it should be with someone whom brings with it an area of the world where we are weak.
Which is what the alliance's do.
We could build our own Latin American system over time. All we really need is Brazil (being the largest auto center in SA. Moreover, an DTW and L.A. Sao Paulo could be a gold mine for us. Something that I have heard is on the burner...when more a/c arrive)
Since no open frequencys exist. Planes or not, Brazil is not in the picture. Also there is a good reason that UAL, DAL, and AA dont fly from LAX to GRU. There is no money in it.
What would be in it for us to merge with US? Dal and Cal, AA bring with them a large SA system. Further, each brings with it an independent asset outside of SA. US does not.
US does have similar AC and engine types. Yet the network combo would be an overlapping mess.

No posssible carrier combo out there benefits anyone else or the public.

"Also there is a good reason that UAL, DAL, and AA dont fly from LAX to GRU. There is no money in it."

Neither AA or Dal has the frequencies from NRT-LAX-GRU to make the flight a success. Brazil's bilateral will expand.. much to your obvious dislike(poss.an openskies just like Argentina), NRT won't anytime soon. That is why it is a successful flight for JAL.

Sao Paulo having the largest Japanese pop. outside of Japan. That fact ensures plenty of "money in it". AA can't make LAX-GRU work no matter how often they can fly to GRU. It's the Japanese paxs that carry the yen.

Gotta' disagree with you FA Mikey.

Except for the boeing/airbus disparity, BIG RED and CO, would be a big plus for both, which is why I think that "they" are very closely alligned.

CO brings NW..SA, plus Dougie Stealin' would be Drooling over a east coast hub like EWR.

Other than that, I agree with you.

My DREAM "deal" would be AA buying AS, then "mateing" with NW.
It would never happen that way, but it does'nt hurt to dream. :rolleyes:

The WHOLE EARTH would be covered, minus the "hot spots" in the Middle east.

NH/BB's

Neither AA or Dal has the frequencies from NRT-LAX-GRU to make the flight a success. Brazil's bilateral will expand.. much to your obvious dislike(poss.an openskies just like Argentina), NRT won't anytime soon. That is why it is a successful flight for JAL.
Interesting NW doesn't either. Yet both DAL and AA fly between Brazil the US and Japan. One of those, AA even fly's LAX - NRT and could have if it wanted wasted a GRU slot on LA. Guess will have to fly people through MIA, DFW, OR JFK to NRT or put them on One World member JAL.

An FYI Varig flew GRU-LAX-NRT with low loads, yeilds and huge loss's on the flight.

Don't count on new treaty with Brazil any time soon. They are in protecting TAM after Varig's demise. AA recently turned down for its new flights to under served Northern Brazil. As for open skies Argentina, there is no fly any where any time agreement.

Sao Paulo having the largest Japanese pop. outside of Japan. That fact ensures plenty of "money in it". AA can't make LAX-GRU work no matter how often they can fly to GRU. It's the Japanese paxs that carry the yen.
But NW can? Laughable.

Interesting NW doesn't either. Yet both DAL and AA fly between Brazil the US and Japan. One of those, AA even fly's LAX - NRT and could have if it wanted wasted a GRU slot on LA. Guess will have to fly people through MIA, DFW, OR JFK to NRT or put them on One World member JAL.

An FYI Varig flew GRU-LAX-NRT with low loads, yeilds and huge loss's on the flight.

Don't count on new treaty with Brazil any time soon. They are in protecting TAM after Varig's demise. AA recently turned down for its new flights to under served Northern Brazil. As for open skies Argentina, there is no fly any where any time agreement.

But NW can? Laughable.

And AA has "how many NRT slots"? Doesn't seem to be a problem for JAL. As for Argentina...The U.S. agreements with Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru all contain capacity restrictions of one sort or another. Which means AA can only carry SO MANY paxs from the US to these destinations limiting revenue growth. Besides, South American economies are puny compared to Japan (where NW is the largest non Japanese carrier). One could take the whole SA continent and not pull the revenue that comes from Japan.

So, AA's route authority from LA is moot if it has to limit the number of paxs. Your slot from NRT doesn't permit you to carry Japanese paxs in a timely fashion. AA's NRT slots are the most undesirable...the left overs if you will.

Yes AA flys to NRT, but it's revenue is a pittance because of NRT's slot controlled. So you just go right on thinking Latin America is the cat's meow...that is truly laughable.

AA has HEATHROW...THAT is it. As valuable as Heathrow is...it ain't Asia and never will be. Count on being shut out for many moons to come.

Hey FA Mikey: Don't waste your time; this guy has admitted he posts simply "to stir the pot and have some fun":

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...st&p=445935

And what do you do? Come on here to give opinions as to how well YOU run AA?

AA barely knows you work for them. Your opinions contribute nothing to the decisions of AA's operations. So I think you had better put your "professional" knowledge into perspective.

This is a blog...learn what that means.

And AA has "how many NRT slots"? Doesn't seem to be a problem for JAL. As for Argentina...if it's a no fly anywhere agreement then it can't be an OPEN SKIES now can it. Besides, South American economies are puny compared to Japan. One could take the whole SA continent and not pull the revenue that comes from Japan.
Japan alone cannot out perform all of South America. About open skies, as yu refered to it in the original post. You claim Argentina has it, They do not as I said there are limits to flying and carriers allowed there.
You thinking SA is so precious is laughable...(snicker)
Snicker all you want. AA's flights to NRT are from key markets. Interesting how NWA leaves as AA comes to town. ORD and JFK to NRT. AA will be in more Pacific markets when we have the planes and see the opportunity to make money there. Whether its from flying 777 and 787s with our current route authorities or with 747s and NWA's old route structure.
AA has HEATHROW...THAT is it. As valuable as Heathrow is...it ain't Asia and never will be. Count on being shut out for many moons to come.
Since there is a new moon every month, it maybe sooner than you think. AA will be there when the time is just right.

Heathrow is an asset for AA, but far being the only one. In case you never heard of Aadvantage program, AA's Strength and leadership in the trans-con markets. It monopoly on travel between the US the Caribbean, Central and South America, As well as London.

And what do you do? Come on here to give opinions as to how well YOU run AA?

AA barely knows you work for them. Your opinions contribute nothing to the decisions of AA's operations. So I think you had better put your "professional" knowledge into perspective.

Nope, I don't work for AMR or any of its subs.

This is a blog...learn what that means.

Although you and some other posters on USAviation treat it like your own blog, it's really a message board designed to share ideas. BTW, Unless you want everyone to think you're only 13, why write like like you're 13?

Japan alone cannot out perform all of South America. About open skies, as yu refered to it in the original post. You claim Argentina has it, They do not as I said there are limits to flying and carriers allowed there.
Snicker all you want. AA's flights to NRT are from key markets. Interesting how NWA leaves as AA comes to town. ORD and JFK to NRT. AA will be in more Pacific markets when we have the planes and see the opportunity to make money there. Whether its from flying 777 and 787s with our current route authorities or with 747s and NWA's old route structure.

Since there is a new moon every month, it maybe sooner than you think. AA will be there when the time is just right.

Heathrow is an asset for AA, but far being the only one. In case you never heard of Aadvantage program, AA's Strength and leadership in the trans-con markets. It monopoly on travel between the US the Caribbean, Central and South America, As well as London.

Some homework for ya: look up GNP for Japan. Then look up all the GNP for ALL of the nations AA flys to in SA. Then rephrase your post.

AA doesn't really have that much of a choice in it's "key"markets served, Dal, ORD, JFK, LA. NW left Chicago because it was a Hub to it's #1 Asian competitor AND it was a Hub for AA (makes good sense to me) It left JFK because the market was saturated to Asia (the same reason Ual did, AA picks up the scraps) Did NW leave LA? Did it leave SFO...but then AA doesn't fly from there)

P.S. You don't have any 747's or 787's? Yeah, you could fly a spaceship to Asia too...while dreaming.

It's really flattering how much you dream of our Asian routes. I would be worried about another Donald knocking on AA's door vs. salivating for NW juicy Pacific Div.

As I said...Heathrow is the only thing AA has worth picking over. And you don't dominate either Heathrow or Transcons...I think Ual might have someting to say about that.

Nope, I don't work for AMR or any of its subs.
Although you and some other posters on USAviation treat it like your own blog, it's really a message board designed to share ideas. BTW, Unless you want everyone to think you're only 13, why write like like you're 13?

You spend an awful lot of time on the AA board not to be an employee.

You've given a clear idea of your "shared ideas". I think it is obvious who is pretending to be adult..(when intimidated kids resort to name calling, as demonstrated above)

Some homework for ya: look up GNP for Japan. Then look up all the GNP for ALL of the nations AA flys to in SA. Then rephrase your post.
So a county's GNP determines the profitability of airline flights? If this is the kind of intelligence your SR management use's, would explain your BK filing.
AA doesn't really have that much of a choice in it's "key"markets served, Dal, ORD, JFK, LA. NW left Chicago because it was a Hub to it's #1 Asian competitor AND it was a Hub for AA (makes good sense to me) It left JFK because the market was saturated to Asia (the same reason Ual did, AA picks up the scraps) Did NW leave LA? Did it leave SFO...but then AA doesn't fly from there)
JFK is saturated and SFO is not? Please NWA left tail between its legs. We do fly LAX very successfully.
P.S. You don't have any 747s or 787s? Yeah, you could fly a spaceship to Asia too...while dreaming.
One way or another. From the manufacturer or a BK fire sale we will.
It's really flattering how much you dream of our Asian routes. I would be worried about another Donald knocking on AA's door vs. salivating for NW juicy Pacific Div.
Not dreaming of your Asian routes. Not even interested in flying to Asia. But I do know this airline and it has proven time and again it always comes out on top.
As I said...Heathrow is the only thing AA has worth picking over. And you don't dominate either Heathrow or Transcons...I think Ual might have someting to say about that.
I don't think so, AA dominates the trans-con markets and Heathrow in seats and number of daily flights. My guess is that as a NWA employee you feel inadequate, you already know you cannot equal AA on any level.

So a county's GNP determines the profitability of airline flights? If this is the kind of intelligence your SR management use's, would explain your BK filing.
JFK is saturated and SFO is not? Please NWA left tail between its legs. We do fly LAX very successfully.
One way or another. From the manufacturer or a BK fire sale we will.
Not dreaming of your Asian routes. Not even interested in flying to Asia. But I do know this airline and it has proven time and again it always comes out on top.

I don't think so, AA dominates the trans-con markets and Heathrow in seats and number of daily flights. My guess is that as a NWA employee you feel inadequate, you already know you cannot equal AA on any level.

"So a county's GNP determines the profitability of airline flights? If this is the kind of intelligence your SR management use's, would explain your BK filing. "

Isn't that how you make money? Large GNP = more spending money, more business travel in order to have a LARGE GNP=lots of travel, does that help. You clearly do not have the cerebral capacity to worry about anyones intellegence but the lack of yours. Perhaps you believe that airlines, like AA, only makes money by flying any route? If this is your management's thinking, no wonder AA ALMOST went BK (and your BK wages)even WITH Heathrow AND your precious South America...

Order your 787's then you can talk about what you'd LIKE to fly. Firesale? Come back in Jan. 08 and in the mean time, hold your breath. FYI, we launch the 787 in N. America in

"My guess is that as a NWA employee you feel inadequate, you already know you cannot equal AA on any level."

I'm not the one dreaming about NW's 747-400's & 787's and "firesale" Asian jewels. Clearly, you have the need to feel that you (AA)are a big shot...that is diagnosed in psychology as feeling insecure. Although AA only flys to 3 destinations in Asia I don't have the need to remind you that you will never be equal to NW in Asia, no matter how much you pretend to rule the world.

AA is a minor (does it sting to read that?)player in Asia and will remain so for many many moons. NWA feeling inadequate? With people like you drooling over our juicy Pacific Division...hardly. I think we know who feels "inadequate" in Asia...(snicker)

Children often insult when challenged with reality. The reality is AA doesn't rule the world...contrary to your myoptic.

You ain't Pan Am...and never will be. Be thankful for what you have. Stop giving AA employees a bad name.

Countries of the World
Gross National Product (GNP) distribution - 2005

Country

Rank

GNP (billion dollars)
United States
12 970 billion $
Japan
4 988 billion $
Germany
2 852 billion $
China