yep tulsa you were mislead by the twu AGAIN

while being stuck in years of fruitless bargaining.

This is all the twu knows how to do. They are unable to negotiate amything but concessions history has proven that time and time again. Instead of fruitless negotiations will take the six year BOHICA unless of course you are part of the ATD crew and are not subject to the NEVER ENDING TWU SCREW JOB CONTRACT AFTER CONTRACT. If I could only tell you how I really feel without getting Banned from the board or fired...... :ph34r:

Reactions: 9 people
Here is an article from almost 20 years ago discussing Swire's organization of the mainland China joint venture, TAIKOO, where the mechanics would be paid a small fraction of the HKG-based HAECO engineers:

http://www.scmp.com/...st-hk-inflation

$10,000 a month without OT!! So they earned more than double what we do now twenty years ago.

Well good thing they arent in the same union as the guys in Bejing, otherwise they would cut their pay by 80% a month and told "if you dont like it move here".

Reactions: 1 person
$10,000 a month without OT!! So they earned more than double what we do now twenty years ago.

Those are Hong Kong dollars, Bob, not US dollars. They use the same dollar sign that we do but the HKD has never been worth as much as a USD. I don't know the exact exchange rate from 1993 but I'm certain that HKD were worth less than an American dollar.

Well good thing they arent in the same union as the guys in Bejing, otherwise they would cut their pay by 80% a month and told "if you dont like it move here".

You're exaggerating again Bob. It's actually $1,289.65 (current rate)
1 USD = HKD 1 USD = 7.7540 HKD on 9/29/2012

ken, your a hopper. You had the "bull by the horns" in DFW but quit as a TWU officer and hopped over to AMP (Alternate MacTiernan Plan) which was a dead stick in Tulsa. Now you hopped over to AMFA (Another MacTiernan Futile Aspiration) that too is a dead stick here in Tulsa....Silly Rabbit :lol:
Now that's funny

You're exaggerating again Bob. It's actually $1,289.65 (current rate)
1 USD = HKD 1 USD = 7.7540 HKD on 9/29/2012

It didnt say whether it was US or HK dollars, it just said "$", so here in the US when we see "$" its $US unless specifically stated otherwise.

Mr David Turnbull, HAECO's general manager, said wages would be ''about a fifth of what we are currently paying our engineers at Kai Tak'' and would make the base one of the cheapest maintenance facilities in Asia in terms of labour costs.

The average salary for an aircraft maintenance engineer at HAECO with five years experience is about $10,000 a month before allowances and overtime are taken into account.

But in Beijing, for example, an engineer employed by the Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering Corporation (AMECO) earns between 500-600 yuan (about HK$673-$805) a month

So if wages were HK $805 month in Bejing and HK $10,000 a month at Kai Tak, then they would not be "about a fifth", they would be "about one tenth".

Hong Kong is one of the most expensive places in Asia to live, I doubt they only get $1200 a month.

Bob Owens or Chuck Schalk,

Word on the grapevine is that the 757 seat re-pitch, voted in by TULE and performed by TIMCO, is in trouble.

Credible sources say that one aircraft left a hub, after one flight leg out of re-pitch, for TULE to correct all of the deficiencies instead of being returned to the OSV.

Being that we are now contractually obligated to "help the Company improve their operations," wouldn't it be prudent to lodge a grievance against TULE performing work they voted to outsource, and for which the company paid the OSV to perform, instead of returning that aircraft back to the OSV forcing them to actually perform the work for which they were paid by AMR?

Could it be that the reason the company claims losses when performing outside work in-house is because we never really hold anyone to the letter of their contract unless the dispute is between the company and their unionized workforce?

OSV is short for Outside Vendor.

I guess one can only hope for the best.

Reactions: 2 people
I really don't get the point of this article. Is he concerned about outsourcing now that we've given away all out protection??!
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=496&articleid=20121004_496_E4_CUTLIN788375

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/twu-local-514-announces-tulsa-american-airlines-layoffs

No talk about being the lowest paid airline mechs
no talk about worst contract in the industry including bk contracts
no talk about just dissolving the line locals and taking assets with no input from members
no tak about losing pensions, retirement health ins. outsourcing language

Grease your wheels on your toolboxes you pathetic Tulsa " YES "voters. You have been lied too again and your hitting the street! Worse yet is the fact that "NO" voting Texans from AFW are coming to take your job!
KARMA IS A ####! So is being represented by the Totally Worthless Union!

WOW I got a whole whopping $78.97 pay increase after taxes on my next paycheck (two weeks).
Short lived of course because come January it will turn out to be a pay cut. And guys voted yes for what reasons?????
So when is the puny little retro coming?
Thank you TWU for negotiating such an industry lagging contract.

Latest posts