yep tulsa you were mislead by the twu AGAIN

Grease your wheels on your toolboxes you pathetic Tulsa " YES "voters. You have been lied too again and your hitting the street! Worse yet is the fact that "NO" voting Texans from AFW are coming to take your job!
KARMA IS A ####! So is being represented by the Totally Worthless Union!
Was told in the stewards meeting today that TUL will not be a juniority station so guess no one will be bumping here sorry texass

Was told in the stewards meeting today that TUL will not be a juniority station so guess no one will be bumping here sorry texass

So what happens if the guys coming out of AFW do not pass the line test or choose not to take it? Do they bump into DWH or Tulsa or hit the streets?

Yes cutting 300 amts but adding 280 osm so most will still have a job if wanted. And dont know where AFW guys will end up just wont have TUL as an option

Well we will see how this will pan out since the TWU will merge AFW,DWH and Tulsa together as one local. Then we might see how the fill in the blanks (TBD) on this contract will transpire.

Grease your wheels on your toolboxes you pathetic Tulsa " YES "voters. You have been lied too again and your hitting the street! Worse yet is the fact that "NO" voting Texans from AFW are coming to take your job!
KARMA IS A ####! So is being represented by the Totally Worthless Union!
Jerry, stop being a lil be'och! TUL will be fine with all the SiS and EO's. The bulk of the bumping will be on the line but will be minimized due to the SiS and EO as well. You need help Jerry.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey overspeed;

Is the rumour true that you got a secretary pregnant?

A yes or no isn't that difficult for most people.

Dude, its obvious you have never used the MEL. You can knock up one secretary and fly with the twu....
Knock up two, and you have to do a coupled approach within 60 days.,,,,,and make sure you enter that in the MIC sheet!

Reactions: 4 people
Here's a news story for what its worth. While I admit the media is not that reliable (didnt even get the names right) and this may be more of a political ploy by the author meant to pressure politicians into giving AA more Corporate Welfare here you go.

How much did AA talk Kansas City into forking over back in 2003?

AA: Servicing site for new jets undecided

BY WAYNE GREENE World Senior Writer

American Airlines hasn't made any decisions about where future versions of 737 and 787 jets will be serviced - despite a union official's claim that the work is not headed to the company's Tulsa maintenance facility.

The issue is a key one for Tulsa County voters considering Vision2's economic development proposal because refitting the facility to accommodate 737s and 787s is a costly element of the package.

Jeff Pike, president of the Transportation Workers Union Local 567 in Fort Worth, said in a Sept. 16 story on KXAS-TV in Dallas that new Boeing 787 jets coming into the American Airlines fleet will be maintained by Boeing under an agreement American made with the planemaker, Pike said. New 737s being added to American's fleet also will be maintained by Boeing, he said.

Pike said he had been briefed on the airline's plans and that they included moving maintenance on Boeing 777 jets - which had been done at Fort Worth's Alliance Airport - to Hong Kong.

Attempts to reach Pike concerning his comments were unsuccessful, but a statement from the airline said the company hasn't decided where to maintain future versions of the 737 and 787.

"Neither aircraft type has a decided-upon maintenance program or provider of maintenance services at any level as of now," the statement says. "The 737 MAX and 787-9 do not even exist as a fully configured aircraft from Boeing yet.

"For the new 737-800s - the ones we are taking now and into the future - will be governed by the same maintenance program we use today."

Heavy maintenance for the airline's 737 fleet is handled in Tulsa.

Much of the Vision2 economic development package - Proposition 1 of the two-part $784.8 million package, which would be funded with a 0.6 percent Tulsa County sales tax from 2017-2029 - would be dedicated to improvements to the city-owned American Airlines maintenance facility.

Vision2 includes $60 million to build a next-generation engine test cell for the engines on 737 and 787 jets and $9 million for tooling and training on the next-generation engines.

It includes money to retrofit five of the facility's hangars to accommodate the high-tailed 737 at a cost of $2 million per hangar.

Vision2 co-Chairman John Smaligo said that while there are no guarantees about the bankrupt airline's future, Tulsa County voters should be assured that no money would be spent from the Vision2 proposal until enforceable agreements are in place with a tenant about a set number of jobs, payroll and longevity in the facility.

As a Tulsa County commissioner, Smaligo would serve on the county oversight panel that would determine how and when Vision2 economic development money was spent.

"I think that everybody involved is going to want to make sure we have agreements in place with whoever the tenant is at the facility before any money is spent improving the facility," he said.

The agreements would assure the county that a high number of long-term, good-paying jobs would continue at the maintenance facility, he said.

Similar enforceable agreements would be required of any company benefiting from money from the job-creation fund, he said.

Hmm, when the city owns the facilities and provides much of the tooling then how come when they figure out their OH costs they add all that in to our full up hourly rate?

Bob, didn't realize you posted this when I started a new topic.. Tulsa and 514 will push to get as much taxpayer money from the people as they can, just like 2003!!

Hmm, when the city owns the facilities and provides much of the tooling then how come when they figure out their OH costs they add all that in to our full up hourly rate?

AA includes all of its overhead expenses which are not zero just because Tulsa owns the real estate and subsidizes some of the fixtures and tooling. AA pays rent to Tulsa.

I'm not a fan of corporate welfare, but if were a Tulsa mechanic, I'd welcome the entire city helping to subsize my job and the jobs of my co-workers. Of course it could turn out badly, like it did for taxpayers in Indiana when UA closed the almost-new IND facilities, leaving Indiana taxpayers on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars of construction bonds. Worst case scenario, the tax measure passes, Tulsa builds whatever AA wants and then AA spins off/sells/shuts down the TULE complex and the thousands of TULE employees face paycuts when AAR or ST Aerospace or another domestic MRO comes in and takes over, offering to hire anyone who wants to stay at 2/3 what AA had paid them.

AA includes all of its overhead expenses which are not zero just because Tulsa owns the real estate and subsidizes some of the fixtures and tooling. AA pays rent to Tulsa.

I'm not a fan of corporate welfare, but if were a Tulsa mechanic, I'd welcome the entire city helping to subsize my job and the jobs of my co-workers. Of course it could turn out badly, like it did for taxpayers in Indiana when UA closed the almost-new IND facilities, leaving Indiana taxpayers on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars of construction bonds. Worst case scenario, the tax measure passes, Tulsa builds whatever AA wants and then AA spins off/sells/shuts down the TULE complex and the thousands of TULE employees face paycuts when AAR or ST Aerospace or another domestic MRO comes in and takes over, offering to hire anyone who wants to stay at 2/3 what AA had paid them.

Like it did for the Taxpayers of Kansas City as well.

AA pays Tulsa rent, from what I hear its not a significant figure, for all intensive purposes they get it for free.

Reactions: 2 people