yep tulsa you were mislead by the twu AGAIN

Contrary to the press release....
Talked to a line pilot at work today. He said AA is looking into NOT freezing their pensions in negotiations (A or B plan). He said the company and union are making progress and it looks like they are moving in a positive direction. See what happens when you really FIGHT LIKE HELL. Progress at the bargaining table.

AA said a 11% contribution to the 401K is what they are offering.
Either way they get more into their investment. Double what we get.

Reactions: 1 person
Bob, This is a game AA Management are experts at! ------- It's call " blackmail"! And they love playing this game! It has paid off well for them in the past! But the City of Kansas City should have seen the hand writting on the wall when AA took the 737's out of MCIE! I'don't know what the final cost was to the City. I do know AA had lease on the hanger that they walked away from. I also know that TWA had over three thousand people working the "overhaul base" back in the 1990's.-------- Today?

Ask Hewitt and overspeed, they all made the claim of saving jobs in Tulsa was top priority. Keep Tulsa headcount higher than the line stations and the TWU will control the vote power. This is why the TWU is forming a super line station in DFW. To shut up the line station locals.

Hopefully soon to change with a vote.

Bob, This is a game AA Management are experts at! ------- It's call " blackmail"

Yes they are. Look what they just did to the spineless M&R. Duped 'em into quite the POS contract,

Read this yesterday. This really chaps my ass....

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/27/americanair-pilots-idUSL1E8LQFWE20121027?feedType=RSS&feedName=marketsNews&rpc=43

In negotiations with the Allied Pilots Association union, the carrier has proposed replacing both plans by contributing 14 percent of pay into a new 401(k) plan.

And we get a measley 5.5% match.

You know where we're at on the food chain!!!

TWU's GOTTA GO. Grow some nads!

Contrary to the press release....
Talked to a line pilot at work today. He said AA is looking into NOT freezing their pensions in negotiations (A or B plan). He said the company and union are making progress and it looks like they are moving in a positive direction. See what happens when you really FIGHT LIKE HELL. Progress at the bargaining table.

So much misinformation, so little time . . .

The pilot you spoke to was either woefully misinformed or was lying to you. AA is going to freeze the pilot DB plan if they can figure out how to cancel the lump sum option; if they can't figure out how to do that, then the pilot DB plan will be terminated just like at US, UA and DL.

AA said a 11% contribution to the 401K is what they are offering.
Either way they get more into their investment. Double what we get.

Before bankruptcy, the pilots had their very generous defined benefit plan (the A Plan) PLUS a defined contribution plan (the B Plan) into which AA contributed 11% of their pay. That's what the pilots have had for many years.

In the term sheet, AA proposed replacing the DB plan and the DC plan with a new 401k with just 13.5% company contribution, which is not as generous as the pre-bankruptcy retirement benefits for pilots.

In the LBFO, AA increased the offer to 14%.

Read this yesterday. This really chaps my ass....

http://www.reuters.c...ketsNews&rpc=43

In negotiations with the Allied Pilots Association union, the carrier has proposed replacing both plans by contributing 14 percent of pay into a new 401(k) plan.

And we get a measley 5.5% match.

You know where we're at on the food chain!!!

Been that way for many, many years and it's just chapping your ass today? Your pay and benefits have always been much lower than for pilots. Dunno what's to blame. Maybe it's the worthless union. Maybe the market rate for pilots (pay and benefits) has always been much higher than for mechanics.

AA is proposing to replace a very generous pilot DB plan PLUS an 11% company contribution to a DC plan with a single plan into which AA contributes 14%, making the pilots worse off than they were pre-bankruptcy. AA is currently offering the pilots 14%, exactly what was in the LBFO - voting no may improve the pilots overall position, but so far, not on this item.

I agree that you need to vote out the worthless union, but your crappy retirement benefits are the product of decades of incompetent representation, poor leadership and complacency by your co-workers, not the result of the bankruptcy and the negotiations of the past year.

Been that way for many, many years and it's just chapping your ass today? Your pay and benefits have always been much lower than for pilots. Dunno what's to blame. Maybe it's the worthless union. Maybe the market rate for pilots (pay and benefits) has always been much higher than for mechanics.

AA is proposing to replace a very generous pilot DB plan PLUS an 11% company contribution to a DC plan with a single plan into which AA contributes 14%, making the pilots worse off than they were pre-bankruptcy. AA is currently offering the pilots 14%, exactly what was in the LBFO - voting no may improve the pilots overall position, but so far, not on this item.

I agree that you need to vote out the worthless union, but your crappy retirement benefits are the product of decades of incompetent representation, poor leadership and complacency by your co-workers, not the result of the bankruptcy and the negotiations of the past year.

Yeah, it's just now chapping my ass because all that info is now out there to see. I know, it's always been available, all I had to do was look!!

Like most, it really didn't matter to me when times were good. But now that we're bankrupt and concessions are abound it's frustrating to see who will get a bigger piece of the pie.

Too bad most I work with don't have any nads to do anything about our current representation. With the threat and promise to outsource how can we!

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, it's just now chapping my ass because all that info is now out there to see. I know, it's always been available, all I had to do was look!!

Like most, it really didn't matter to me when times were good. But now that we're bankrupt and concessions are abound it's frustrating to see who will get a bigger piece of the pie.

Too bad most I work with don't have any nads to do anything about our current representation. With the threat and promise to outsource how can we!

When I came to AA (1990), I couldn't believe what I saw happening re: representation. In 2003, I greatly angered many by saying then what we'd end up with - now we have it and nobody that sold the BS back then cares to talk about it. The dues-collecting social club has a lure to many people I can't possibly understand - a lot like other things going on this year that I'll not get into.

I took the early out as I know of no way better to get away from this industry. I said I'd never work around aircraft again after my leaving the Navy as an ADJ3 but the money lured me back as with the better benefits (temporarily. Now I'll take some and run like hell and as far as I can. I wish many others could/would do the same as there's no way this industry will improve - far too much money is being handed out bribing lawmakers and government officials ... or is that lobbying"?

My answer was to leave the industry and do other things. I wish others would also.

When I came to AA (1990), I couldn't believe what I saw happening re: representation. In 2003, I greatly angered many by saying then what we'd end up with - now we have it and nobody that sold the BS back then cares to talk about it. The dues-collecting social club has a lure to many people I can't possibly understand - a lot like other things going on this year that I'll not get into.

I took the early out as I know of no way better to get away from this industry. I said I'd never work around aircraft again after my leaving the Navy as an ADJ3 but the money lured me back as with the better benefits (temporarily. Now I'll take some and run like hell and as far as I can. I wish many others could/would do the same as there's no way this industry will improve - far too much money is being handed out bribing lawmakers and government officials ... or is that lobbying"?

My answer was to leave the industry and do other things. I wish others would also.

I totally agree with you Frank.. Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 3 people