1,700 layoffs announced

I hear ya' Sister! Just got a call Courtesy Call from Future. Do I want to take a trip now for tomorrow? NOPE. I don't even want to see the airport or an airplane right now. :down:

I mean really what's the point? You know once August/September rolls around we'll be getting our llittle pink slips. It's going to be hard for me to go to work and smile and pretend like everything is peachy keen. This blows.

Reduction, furlough, samething, people will be laidoff and leave the company.

Reduction, furlough, samething, people will be laidoff and leave the company.

Aside from Pilots I doubt any other group will have any significant involuntary action. Just not filling current opens and attrition should handle the others.

Aside from Pilots I doubt any other group will have any significant involuntary action. Just not filling current opens and attrition should handle the others.

Nope. Because next week, they'll say, oops we miscalculated. We' re actually eliminating 2,700 employees. Not like they've never done that before. :down:

Ans 600 airport employees are from LAS alone .... How sad!

Thank God P.K. in Infight Admin made yet another brilliant decision this summer and called back all of the Invol. furloughed f/a as well as many of the f/a on extended leaves. It was especially nice of him to make the ones that were on an extended leave quit when they did not want to come back. Yet I am sure he will keep his job.

Thank God P.K. in Infight Admin made yet another brilliant decision this summer and called back all of the Invol. furloughed f/a as well as many of the f/a on extended leaves. It was especially nice of him to make the ones that were on an extended leave quit when they did not want to come back. Yet I am sure he will keep his job.

I need to step away from this board because I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I need a Valium. I keep forgetting we're just numbers on a little chart to these people.

My God Magnum! PK didn't decide all on his lonesome to send those recall or quit letters. And it wasn't just the extended. It also applied to invols and those out in PHX

That’s unfortunate , I hope they can achieve most of the force reduction through normal summer attrition .

It won’t be long now before they come back to the unions for concessions … to anyone who’s made it out of their BK contract , you might want to start mentally preparing yourselves for a return to them …

I think if we witnessed a BK you could count on a LOT of people just not showing up if they start messing with the contracts and pay. I sure know I've had it. I was told that you'd be forced back to work. Yeah? When BUSH is at my door I'll tell him the same thing. I can't speak for everyone and I feel bad for those that NEED this job. I myself don't have any children and would rather mop and deck floors at a fast food joint or do temp work through an agency before being subject to ANY bankruptcy SH!T. NO WAY! ! ! !

I think if we witnessed a BK you could count on a LOT of people just not showing up if they start messing with the contracts and pay. I sure know I've had it. I was told that you'd be forced back to work. Yeah? When BUSH is at my door I'll tell him the same thing. I can't speak for everyone and I feel bad for those that NEED this job. I myself don't have any children and would rather mop and deck floors at a fast food joint or do temp work through an agency before being subject to ANY bankruptcy SH!T. NO WAY! ! ! !

Your under the mistaken impression that you have a choice , or that most of your fellow co workers would join you in a work action ….

You’ve survived under BK contracts before , you’ll survive again …

If you don’t come into work you’ll be replaced , and thankfully someone who NEEDS this job will be able to keep it , so for all the workers who need to stay employed , we thank you and we will be sure to hook you up with some passes if you can hook us up with some free burgers …

Oil =140

Your under the mistaken impression that you have a choice , or that most of your fellow co workers would join you in a work action ….

If you don’t come into work you’ll be replaced , and thankfully someone who NEEDS this job will be able to keep it , so for all the workers who need to stay employed , we thank you and we will be sure to hook you up with some passes if you can hook us up with some free burgers …

Oil =140
Ha ha very funny. Yum to the burgers. And well said.

Oil =140
Maybe so but THIS person here has been here through the two BK's and won't ride out another one if they start cutting pay. FORGET IT. Oh yeah and as for trading some burgers for some passes? Great you'll have PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of seats open due to people booking away from you. Oh better yet I'll enjoy my tasty burger when USairways is out of business due to that crack management team we have out west. So save it.

Our management team is taking the APPORIATE steps in this DELETED BY MODERATOR economy with oil at 140 a barrel … do you think I LIKE the idea of a fee for a first checked bag or a return to BK contracts? I do not .. but their going to do what they NEED to do to keep us going … yeah going back to your BK contracts is going to suck , but not having a job sucks MORE …also flipping burgers sucks WAY more than working for the airlines so you had best give yourself a reality check sister … get your head in the game .

MOD NOTE: Profanity is NEVER permitted.