11 Gates Reopened At B Concourse In Pit

pitflyer said:
11 Gates Reopened at PIT
So what does USAirways got now? All of B and A except for the first few gates which are Southwest?
[post="281188"][/post]​
NO THEY JUST FORGOT TO MENTION AT THE PRESS CONFRESS ABOUT ALL GATES AT THE END OF CONCOURSE A THAT EXPRESS USED ARE NOW CLOSED . MY GUESS IS WN WILL BE EXPANDING SOON :lol:

What is really going on in PIT. I thought they were going to make further cuts to that operation in September?

Anyone have any facts?

Thanks

Every time US has "cut the operation," OAs have increased service and O&D traffic goes up. Perhaps the re-opening is not directly tied in any way to what US is doing....

Hmmm.

Are all of these gates really required in PIT given the size of our ops there? Whenever I go through PIT nowadays it seems like there is max one a/c on every third gate. Lots of empty space all day long (even during the morning/afternoon "banks").

IMO, WN could run an operation similar to US's at PIT with 10-15 gates.

Listed below are four facts:

-- US Airways PIT Chief Pilot Jim Corbusier told the PIT pilots on May 23 that on subsequent permanent bids the crew base would be reduced in size. The next pilot permanent bid is being finalized for November and will be released in a few weeks.

-- Last year US Airways reduced PIT flying with the November schedule change.

-- US Airways has long-term leases on 10 mainline and 10 express gates and currently operates other gates on a month-to-month basis.

-- PIT's "B" concourse has 25 gates.

As I said before, in my opinion, US Airways will further reduce and consolidate PIT operations probably in November. These changes could include fewer flights, elimination of express operations on the "A" concourse, consolidation of all mainline and express flights on the "B" concourse, a smaller pilot and flight attendant crew base, and possibly transferring all overhaul maintenance to another location.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

a320av8r said:
I would assume that the B gates are being reopened to move everything from A and consolidate into one concourse.
[post="281394"][/post]​

Maybe with all of the gate movement it would be a good time for America West to try to move its gates to consolidate with the US gates.

orville said:
America West doesn't operate its own gates at PIT. They contract with American.
[post="281403"][/post]​
Last time I non reved on them out of PIT it was Continental Express handling everything for them.

I am sure the reopening of the gates in PIT hasnothing to do with USAirways needing them. The gates they have now are underutilized as it is. Probably has something to do with Republic taking over Mid Atlantic or the consolidation of the Express division to the B side.
With cuts in September and more cuts in November why would U need more gates at this time ?

So from everything I am reading, all US Air's gates on A will be moved to B?

And one other question, how much reduction will there be in November?

Thanks Again

Last November was a hell of alot of flights, it is going to be a ghost town at Pitt.

George