Unveil New US Airways Uniforms Are Here!

sky high states: Uhhh, would that be like YOU, who went to MIDATLANTIC to take a.....<drum roll>....PAYCUT to work as a flight attendant. Who, also defended your measley W-2
by having to work MORE, for LESS PAY? Sure, you got your time in, but, didnt you have to fly over 100 HOURS to get a "thousand" dollar PAYCHECK???? CHUMP change!
If you're a 90's (airhead) then, YOU too, voted on the three rounds of concessions. Then YOU too felt the concessions were better then the BANKRUPCTY JUDGE abrogating the contract.

PM you?...LOL. As you say---> pub-pleaseeeeeeeeee. You're no way near my seniority or intelligence level.
only stating opinions.

..and that might be a good thing!! down:

They will show them online by the end of the month. Of course, the logical thing would be to put some manicans with the uniforms on them in the crew room so those of us who are working can see them in person.
Funny that's what I thinking too....have a display of pieces on bust forms supplied by the designer (he is getting a BIG check for designing them, and the least he can do is let ALL the employees SEE them). I will be thru the airport tomorrow and will have a chance to see them....curious to see what Stan Herman came up with.

Ha! That was a good one! I'm often filled with regret, especially when I'm on my 28 hr layover in Maui and 54 hrs in Sydney that I didn't aspire to plastics in first class and layovers at the Ramada Inn in A-B-E...I should've aimed higher! :D

sky high states: Apparently YOU have a comprehension problem....during the late 70's and early 80's...this company showed consistent profits for over a decade (even during a recession)and had a wonderful labor/management relationship. You're "arrogant" response is exactly what many PAN AM, TWA, EASTERN, BRANIFF EMPLOYEES spewed when they went to their (liquidated) airlines.

only stating opinions

Uh, be careful there, Sky High. Your intelligence level is revealing itself...

"When there were standards" is how we phrase it outside the state of Pennsylvania...

Oh, BTW...I remember those USAir standards well...plastic stackable thermal meal trays on an all-coach 737-300 from PIT to the west coast...those were some standards alright! :up:

sky high states: Had you followed the topic, (are we typing too fast for ya?) I was talking about "F/A HIRING standards". Yet, you found it important to point out a grammar error. <YAWN>
Your arrogance level is .................revealing itself.

only stating opinions.

Lets hope "something for everyone" doesnt mean "pretty much only for fat old people."

Give me a little bit of style to work with please. I'm gonna tailor the living hell out of it anyway...

sky high states: OLD???? You continue to slam the very co-worker who paved the way for you. While YOU were playing "dolly" in the 70's, you're co-workers were building relationships on Capitol Hill. If it werent for them, you couldnt do this job past marriage. Have children. Or get equal pay. Feel like working the back galley while 40 people SMOKED and filled the back of the aircraft with a hazy smoke? Did YOU lobby Congress to get smoking banned? Show any INVOLEMENT in F/A issues????Nahhhh.....all YOU care about is a red dress....LOL. I can see it now......YOU, tailored, looking like a "RED SAUSAGE" in your skin tight "uniform". (it aint pretty)

only stating opinions.

sky high states: OLD???? You continue to slam the very co-worker who paved the way for you. While YOU were playing "dolly" in the 70's, you're co-workers were building relationships on Capitol Hill. If it werent for them, you couldnt do this job past marriage. Have children. Or get equal pay. Feel like working the back galley while 40 people SMOKED and filled the back of the aircraft with a hazy smoke? Did YOU lobby Congress to get smoking banned? Show any INVOLEMENT in F/A issues????Nahhhh.....all YOU care about is a red dress....LOL. I can see it now......YOU, tailored, looking like a "RED SAUSAGE" in your skin tight "uniform". (it aint pretty)
only stating opinions.
;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: I luv it! Put so beautifully. While I am very happy that US has finally updated themselves ( it was so long overdue ). The so called f/as who SCREAm " We are safety professionals" did little or nothing to help ensure their own advancement in the world's eye as serious workers, let alone professionals. Many people in other "professions" work long and hard-getting multiple degrees. They hold highly responsible/technical jobs that effect and often often alter people's lives. While i don't wish to denegrate f/as - hell I was one for 25 years, many still have no sense of the "real world". They left high school - for many - and right to flying. Thank goodness for AFA and other UNIONS that looked out for them, working to ensure safe cabins, safer skies and negotiating the complexities of contracts and bargaining to ensure descent wages and working conditions.
So... sounds like you got a nice new sharp/professionally designed uniform. AWESUM! Wear it with pride, be professional, do the job in away that reflects ADULTHOOD . Please stop whinning on here- it makes the f/a group look so childish and SCREAMS of being uneducated and classless.
NOW lets see some pics- I hear the uniform is GREAT! Peace :up:

sky high states: Apparently YOU have a comprehension problem....during the late 70's and early 80's...this company showed consistent profits for over a decade (even during a recession)and had a wonderful labor/management relationship.

You mean pre- deregulationdidn't almost everyone make good money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you forgot that part. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You mean pre- deregulationdidn't almost everyone make good money. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you forgot that part. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"DURING AND AFTER": The Airline Deregulation Act (or ADA) was a United States federal law signed into law on October 28, 1978. The main purpose of the act was to remove government control from commercial aviation and expose the passenger airline industry to market forces.

In 1979, Carter gave a nationally televised address in which he identified what he believed to be a crisis of confidence among the American people. This has come to be known as his "malaise" speech, even though he never actually used the word "malaise" anywhere in the text. Rather than inspiring Americans to action as he had hoped, the speech was perceived by many to express a pessimistic outlook which may have further damaged his re-election hopes. At the time the country was in the "worst recession" since World War II, with both inflation and unemployment at record levels.

And, furthermore, Continental went bankrupt in 1983. Within 5 years after Deregulation.

only stating opinions

Latest posts