Lax Club To Reopen 11/1

gso2pit

Advanced
Mar 2, 2004
I've heard from several sources that the Los Angeles US Airways Club will be reopening as a US Airways Club on 11/1. The agents previously furloughed as a result of the club closure will be called back to work at that time. This makes perfect sense because although the club is closed, everything inside it has been left intact as if someone locked up at the end of the day and never came in the following morning.

The SFO club will remain closed for the time being. Since this was from all HP people, can anyone confirm/deny this?

Res said:
This is a good thing for our passengers on Intl tvl.
[post="293177"][/post]​

It was closed earlier this year. Apparently Al C. thought it is a waste of money. Just another example of his brilliant thinking.

It's good news for THIS frequent flyer as well, although I will still be out of luck on my early September visit to LAX.

I kept my word regarding transcons, when hot meals returned so would I.

This is a step in the right direction.

:( Clubs are a waste of good money and an expense no Airlines needs. Close them all

PineyBob said:
Clubs are money makers for their respective carriers.

You do know that we pay for those memberships?

So if the Clubs build brand loyalty and generate a small profit exactly how are they an expense?

That's like the myth that FF programs are money losers when nothing could be further from the truth. :D
[post="293357"][/post]​
:unsure: I would hope you would pay for it! You use it! FF programs are money losers and always have been. They only allow a few seats per aircraft and it is still a joke. Brand Loyalty my Ass, expense from High salaries and all the food and alchohal you drink inside!
Get a life and join the real world.

JRCA said:
:( Clubs are a waste of good money and an expense no Airlines needs. Close them all
[post="293330"][/post]​

CLUBS serve a purpose. It's called brand loyalty. And that expense is paid for by your frequent flyers. Not by you. Do you know how much we pay for the "honor" of visiting a club? Look at the website to find out.

PS.... the alcohol you have to pay for. and there is no food allowed inside other than what is sold by the club in the club. Obviously you know nothing about the CLUB system.

And we have a life and it's lived in the real world. It just happens to be lived in USAIRWAYS 99% of the time.

Where's your life? And on what planet do you live on?

JRCA said:
:unsure: I would hope you would pay for it! You use it! FF programs are money losers and always have been. They only allow a few seats per aircraft and it is still a joke. Brand Loyalty my Ass, expense from High salaries and all the food and alchohal you drink inside!
Get a life and join the real world.
[post="293362"][/post]​

Get a life and come back when you actually understand the airline business.

trvlr64 said:
CLUBS serve a purpose. It's called brand loyalty. And that expense is paid for by your frequent flyers. Not by you. Do you know how much we pay for the "honor" of visiting a club? Look at the website to find out.

PS.... the alcohol you have to pay for. and there is no food allowed inside other than what is sold by the club in the club. Obviously you know nothing about the CLUB system.

And we have a life and it's lived in the real world. It just happens to be lived in USAIRWAYS 99% of the time.

Where's your life? And on what planet do you live on?
[post="293363"][/post]​
:lol: I have been a Memebr to over 10 Clubs and know exactly which ones are good ! Achohal is Free in the bigger clubs as is the food so maybe You better try the right clubs!Again I would hope the FF would pay for the Club-they should!

PineyBob said:
JRCA,

Your village just called, their idiot is missing.

Food and Alcohol are SOLD at the US Airways Clubs as in I pay for it! GOT THAT?

FF Programs are PROFIT CENTERS. That's why Juniper bank paid US $450 MILLION to take over the affinity Card operation for BoA! That's 450,000,000 examples of just how wrong your statement is.

Need more proof refer to the World Com BK Papers. Read them (if you can) and you'll gain great insight into the inner workings of FF programs.

If FF programs are such money losers explain to me why EVERY airline but one with more than 25 Jets has one? Especially in light of the current porfitability woes most airlines face.

Why does SWA have one? They've been profitable for years with one.
:ph34r: I am not the F--- Idiot you are!
Just because it is sold in US doesn't mean the Better airlines Charge you. Maybe you better get a better job where you can Fly the better airlines like most of us do. Pay or no pay-that is the ??? ;)

Still not convinced? Air Canada had a bid to sell ONE THIRD of it's AeroPlan FF Program for $168 MILLION CDN prior to reorganizing. Do you know of any company that would pay $168 MILLION for one third of a money losing operation?
[post="293369"][/post]​

JRCA,

What clubs are you a member of that serve food and alchohol free to domestic travelers? Delta? Okay, fine. I doubt that's the reason they're hemoraging cash, but it's a nice perk to keep their FF's around a little longer.

Who else?? Not CO, not UA, not AA. Nope. They all serve alcohol and light snacks for a charge. So please enlighten us.

Even if food and alcohol were free, I doubt that would be the sole reason anyone joins. But again, if you're so well versed in the airline club arena, then you already know that a club is for the frequent traveler to use his airport time to get work done in a relaxing environment. It's hard to conduct a conference call, talk to a client, etc. in a noisy gate area.

Latest posts