2009 Airbus 330 Deliveries

rah757

Jan 12, 2003
Could someone tell me how many AB 330's we are getting in 2009 and where can I read this information in some official USAirways statement???

Thanks

This is from last Nov(2007)
http://www.smartbrief.com/news/aaaa/indust...EB-B1595D5DEE90

The only change, I believe, is that there will not be a lease of 2 A330-200's that are mentioned in this press release.

2009, as was mentioned in this forum within the last week or two, will see 5 A330-200's delivered beginning in May.
so, are we to believe that there will be a total of 15 A330-200 on the property in the next 3 years? seems hard to believe that the 5 being delivered starting next year will materialize let alone the other 10 on order. anyone have any info on the status of the order? Why can't we find any 767 lying around in the meantime? seems like etops 757 are working out but how about some widebodies to PHX and the large west coast cities?

Goodstew -

I edited my response, apparently while you were responding. Only 3 A330-200's coming in 2009.

15 total A332's on order, to be delivered from 2009 onward. The original plan was through 2011. That's not apparent in the latest 10-Q(page 56), as it only states the deliveries will begin in 2009.

22 total A350-XWBs to begin in 2014, assuming the beast actually gets off the ground on schedule.

Could someone tell me how many AB 330's we are getting in 2009 and where can I read this information in some official USAirways statement???

Thanks

We are scheduled to take delivery of five 332's in 2009, May, Jun, Sep, Nov, and Dec.
Press release 10/4/07, you can also look through the 10Qs on them http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/about...secfilings.aspx

US Airways has added a news release to its Investor Relations website.

Title: US Airways and Airbus S.A.S. Execute Aircraft Purchase Agreements
Date(s): 10/4/2007 7:32:00 PM
For a complete listing of our news releases, please click here

Airline Announces Execution of Purchase Agreements for Airbus Aircraft Order Announced in June

TEMPE, Ariz., Oct. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- US Airways (NYSE: LCC) and Airbus S.A.S. have entered into definitive aircraft purchase agreements for 92 new aircraft, including 32 wide-body and 60 A320 Family narrow-body aircraft, incorporating the terms of the aircraft order announced in June.

The airline executed a purchase agreement for 22 A350 XWBs in both the -800 and larger -900 series configuration. This allows for modest international expansion or replacement of existing older technology aircraft should market conditions warrant.

The airline will take delivery of the first A350 XWBs in 2014, becoming the North American launch customer for the fleet type. Purchase rights for additional aircraft are included, allowing for the eventual retirement of all other wide-body jets and leaving the airline with a single intercontinental fleet type of A350 XWBs.

The airline also executed a purchase agreement for 10 A330-200 aircraft with deliveries starting in 2009 and flexibility to convert to A330-300 or longer range A340s. These deliveries will facilitate the eventual retirement of US Airways' B767 fleet.

A third purchase agreement was executed for 60 narrow-body aircraft, including 10 A319s, 40 A320s and 10 A321s, with conversion rights. Narrow-body deliveries, including 37 aircraft from a previous purchase agreement, run from 2008 through 2012. Classic Boeing 737-300/400s will be eliminated from the fleet as the A320s are delivered. The narrow-body fleet count is expected to remain stable.

US Airways CEO and Chairman Doug Parker said, "We are very pleased to have cemented our order with Airbus and look forward to continued success as we add these new safe, efficient and comfortable airplanes to our fleet. Our employees will benefit from new, state-of-the-art aircraft in which our customers will receive the great service they deserve and expect."

US Airways is the fifth largest domestic airline employing more than 36,000 aviation professionals worldwide. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express operate approximately 3,800 flights per day and serve more than 230 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. The new US Airways -- the product of a merger between America West and US Airways in September 2005 -- is a member of the Star Alliance network, which offers our customers 16,000 daily flights to 855 destinations in 155 countries worldwide. This press release and additional information on US Airways can be found at http://www.usairways.com. (LCCG)

-Fly with US-

The press release is more then a year old, I think the original poster was looking for newer info. If the orders and delivers have not change then info stands. One has to wonder

We are scheduled to take delivery of five 332's in 2009, May, Jun, Sep, Nov, and Dec.

I've heard 5 and I've seen 3 written in various posts here. 5 would make more sense if the deliveries are to go from 2009 to 2011 (ave. 5 per year). Based on the most recent 10Q filed a few weeks ago, all we know for sure is the total number of widebodies at completion of the plan:

15 A330-200 starting 2009
22 350XWB starting 2014
9 existing A330-300
9 existing B767-200

Total widebody fleet at end of plan: 55

But that's a 10 year outlook and doesn't take into account the B767 retirement plan, and the fact that the 333's will be nearing 20 years old when the last 350's are delivered.

We won't know for sure how many A330's will be actually delivered in 2009 until January 1, 2010.

This is USAirways, after all. Long term planning means: "What are we doing a week from tomorrow?"

In the 10Q you can see where it states that 2 aircraft scheduled to be leased in the second half of 2009 have been canceled.

Some folks have said that these are the Swiss Air aircraft, but those aircraft were canceled for the last half of 2008....weren't they????

So does that mean that we are now scheduled for 3 AB330-2's from Airbus for all of 2009???

It sure is hard to keep up with!!!!

Form 10-Q for US AIRWAYS GROUP INC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24-Oct-2008

Quarterly Report

Fleet Reduction: We are returning ten aircraft to lessors, which includes six Boeing 737-300 aircraft to be returned by the end of 2008 and four Airbus A320 aircraft to be returned in the first half of 2009. We have also cancelled the leases of two A330-200 wide-body aircraft that had been scheduled for delivery in the second half of 2009. Further, we plan to reduce additional aircraft in 2009 and 2010.

The big unknown comes from them amending the A320, A330, and A350 purchase agreements to get that couple of hundred million from Airbus, yet only gave info on the change to the A350 agreement. What that means about delivery schedules for the A320/A330 is anybody's guess, although I expect that the near term deliveries (2009) would remain unchanged because components are probably already being constructed.

Jim

This is posted with Capt Hoggs's permission:

(My Question)

Capt Hogg,

Could you tell me how many AB 330's we are getting in 2009??

Thanks.

(Response)

"We are scheduled to take 5 A330-200 deliveries in 2009."

Lyle Hogg

Vice President Flight Operations

US Airways

(My Question)

In the October 10Q under fleet reduction, it mentions that we are canceling 2 leases for AB330's for the latter half of 2009. Were these the Swiss Air aircraft??

Could you tell me the proposed delivery schedule of the 330's for 2009??

Thanks for the info.

(Response)

"Yes, the two cancelled deliveries were the former Swiss Air aircraft. The first two delivery dates are tentatively for May and June with the other three sometime in the 4th quarter of 2009. "

Lyle Hogg

US Airways

(My Question)

May I post your response on some chat rooms ??

(Response)

"Yes with the understanding that these are always tentative dates. An example is the two aircraft we were supposed to get from Swiss Air that were cancelled."

Lyle Hogg

US Airways

In the 10Q you can see where it states that 2 aircraft scheduled to be leased in the second half of 2009 have been canceled.

Some folks have said that these are the Swiss Air aircraft, but those aircraft were canceled for the last half of 2008....weren't they????

So does that mean that we are now scheduled for 3 AB330-2's from Airbus for all of 2009???

It sure is hard to keep up with!!!!

Form 10-Q for US AIRWAYS GROUP INC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24-Oct-2008

Quarterly Report

Fleet Reduction: We are returning ten aircraft to lessors, which includes six Boeing 737-300 aircraft to be returned by the end of 2008 and four Airbus A320 aircraft to be returned in the first half of 2009. We have also cancelled the leases of two A330-200 wide-body aircraft that had been scheduled for delivery in the second half of 2009. Further, we plan to reduce additional aircraft in 2009 and 2010.

It's really all very simple. Take all the reports and figure out the worst case scenario as far a aircraft deliveries, i.e. minimum possible number. That is likely the accurate figure, at least until further delivery delays are purchased at great expense while every other airline on the planet gains market share.

If Tempe can delay the delivery of what seems to be the 3 A330s being delivered in 2009, they will do so. Mark my words. Why purchase a money-making asset when you can simply limp along with inadequate 757 retrofits, and watch your deteriorating service cause market share shrinkage?

From Ed Bular (posted with his permission):

(My Question)

Capt Bular,

Could you tell me how many AB 330's we are getting in 2009??

Thanks.

(Response)

5 A330-200's will be delivered in 2009

(1) 279AY May '09

(1) 280AY May '09

(1) 281AY Sep '09

(1) 282AY Nov '09

(1) 283AY Dec '09

If Tempe can delay the delivery of what seems to be the 3 A330s being delivered in 2009, they will do so. Mark my words. Why purchase a money-making asset when you can simply limp along with inadequate 757 retrofits, and watch your deteriorating service cause market share shrinkage?
Because they need the first two in May/Jun to start preparing for the July launch of PHL-TLV. The other 3 could be pushed back until they decide on more long routes.

Back