2017 FORD BRONCO

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
Made in Michigan. 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31019/ford-bronco-ranger-confirmed-uaw-trump/

PRODUCTION
2020-Ford-Bronco-Concept-red.jpg

CONCEPT
ford-bronco-concept-2004-detroit-auto-show_100533231_h.jpg

Looks great. But does it come with 4x4? If so, I believe Ford may have a winner!

I am excited about the Ford Bronco.

However, I am more excited that this work will be in Michigan.

I can't find a definitive statement that the Bronco will be 4X4 but it would be foolish of Ford not to offer the option.

I am also anxious to see if law enforcement will adopt these vehicles. 

My dad had one of these back in the day. Same color and everything.

ebay_251931713223_2.jpg

Back in 2012 Chevy and Ford ended the mid size P/U like Colorado and Ranger due to Toyota Tacoma's success. Chevy came back in 2015 with a new Colorado and it was rumored of a new Ranger.. Toyota was planning a new Tacoma change in 2015 but postponed it due to the Colorado. If Ford is bringing back the Bronco and Ranger, that could be a good start for a market for that body style being radically different from what's available now.

You'd hope so, even though 90% of them will never leave a paved surface...

Very true!!!

I've been looking at the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, but may have to wait for this to hit the streets now. Then wait another year or two until the bugs are worked out of it.

This is a cut and paste from the Detroit Free Press about the Ford Bronco. There will be no 2017 Ford Bronco. Ford has only committed to building the vehicle some time in the future, but it will be built in Michigan.

"Ford's brawny, off-road Bronco SUV eventually will return to the automaker's lineup and will be made in Michigan, according to a UAW official. (Bolding is mine. Eventually is not equal to 2017.)

Rumors about the Bronco's resurrection have persisted for the better part of a year even though Ford has steadfastly refused to confirm its plans or to confirm its plans to also make the Ranger pickup at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne.

But UAW Local 900 Plant Chairman Bill Johnson said union officials learned last September that Ford definitely plans to build the Ranger in Michigan and also is likely to resurrect the Bronco SUV as the second vehicle at the plant.

"Its not a secret. ... it was announced to the entire leadership of the UAW a year ago," Johnson told the Free Press."

I guarantee you the "production" photo you are using above is fake. If it even comes CLOSE to that I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Perhaps you are right. I don't know. I will say this is the picture the news story used that announced the vehicle.

When I Googled Ford Bronco I found several entries for 2017. Are you sure there will be no 2017 model?
And several of those Google produced articles don't say that there will be a 2017 Bronco just that the "release date is coming." One of the articles had a big headline of 2017 Ford Bronco. Then right below that was a smaller headline "Confirmed: 2020 Ford Bronco." I think these articles saying that there will be a 2017 Bronco are either wishful thinking or a total misunderstanding of what Ford (and the union officer) said.

I may be wrong, but 2017 model introductions are upon us, and will begin any day now. I can't imagine that Ford would release a vehicle this month or next while still using future tense--a la "will" be built in Michigan--about construction. Besides if they had been working on design, construction specs, etc for a 2017 release date, I doubt that they could have kept it a secret up until now or would have wanted to keep it a secret.

And several of those Google produced articles don't say that there will be a 2017 Bronco just that the "release date is coming." One of the articles had a big headline of 2017 Ford Bronco. Then right below that was a smaller headline "Confirmed: 2020 Ford Bronco." I think these articles saying that there will be a 2017 Bronco are either wishful thinking or a total misunderstanding of what Ford (and the union officer) said.

I may be wrong, but 2017 model introductions are upon us, and will begin any day now. I can't imagine that Ford would release a vehicle this month or next while still using future tense--a la "will" be built in Michigan--about construction. Besides if they had been working on design, construction specs, etc for a 2017 release date, I doubt that they could have kept it a secret up until now or would have wanted to keep it a secret.

That seems like a logical analyses. You are probably right.