2020 Pilot Thread

Whatever, Skippy.

Good luck in contract negotiations. You’ll need it.

Last edited:
And luck to you equally in the new, new American Airlines. Second bankruptcy. Doug Parker needed and was instrumental in the second USAirways bankruptcy. In order to take the remaining pensions. Looks like he gets to repeat this fall.
Heads will roll.

Reactions: dariencc
And luck to you equally in the new, new American Airlines.

No, eolesen doesn't work at AA anymore. He was an unimportant cubicle dweller at CentrePort before being shown the door in 2006 and has carried a grudge ever since.

He's now a so-called "Crisis Manager" at one of our competitors. ;) Maybe someone can explain to me how a "Crisis Manager" can find the time to be perusing and posting on numerous threads here during the greatest "crisis" his company has ever faced. Seems a bit odd, though the answer becomes clear once you know the dirty little secret of so many cubicle commandos. These straphangers expend more mental energy on social media, networking and buttkissing than they do on their assigned duties. Their favorite time waster is dreaming up new ways to make their mundane roles sound vital to the organization.

Check out the very first line of our hero's Linkedin page: eolelen's "career in the Travel, and Tourism industry is as diverse as it is progressive." Say what? That masterpiece of cliche comes from a dweeb in the accounting department.

Now on to the next line. "Demonstrated effectiveness in dynamic, competitive and rapidly changing environments driven by responsiveness, accuracy and compliance to regulatory, industry and corporate standards."

It gets worse. Trust me.

So, question for you Pilots at AA.
Are you Pilots taking or being told by union officials or co. officials that the 30% cut coming also means 30% in Pilots, F/A's as well as other front line employees? In other words are all groups looking at the very same 30% cuts coming?? I take it as 30% across the board whenever they say "and other front line employees", meaning mechanics, cleaners, fleet, materials, stores, gate agents, customer service, and so on. I hope i am wrong on my guess, but that is how I read it, am I wrong???

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-cut-positions-30-083724008.html

Last edited:
Are you Pilots taking or being told by union officials or co. officials that the 30% cut coming also means 30% in Pilots, F/A's as well as other front line employees? In other words are all groups looking at the very same 30% cuts coming?? I take it as 30% across the board whenever they say "and other front line employees", meaning mechanics, cleaners, fleet, materials, stores, gate agents, customer service, and so on. I hope i am wrong on my guess, but that is how I read it, am I wrong???

A bunch of us took the early out that was offered. There were also a couple of leave programs that had a lot of takers. We haven't been told what else is in store.

Huge number took the early out. And then there are the retirement force outs coming hot from behind at age 65. Some years very soon the numbers are over 900 a year. So there shouldn't be any need to furlough if those numbers link to the early outs.

Reactions: dariencc and swamt

swamt why are you all over this forum. is swa going to layoff people to?

Carnac.png

A bunch of us took the early out that was offered. There were also a couple of leave programs that had a lot of takers. We haven't been told what else is in store.

Huge number took the early out. And then there are the retirement force outs coming hot from behind at age 65. Some years very soon the numbers are over 900 a year. So there shouldn't be any need to furlough if those numbers link to the early outs.
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I too am hoping all the airlines get enough folks to take the leaves and early out programs so to avoid involuntary leaves of any kind. Good luck to all of you taking the EO. We will find out June 1st what our EO offers will look like. Some rumors already peaking out, but I will wait for the official offers to come out.

swamt why are you all over this forum. is swa going to layoff people to?
No layoffs at SWA at this time. Just heard on the news, SWA is planning to be at full schedule by end of year. Same number of flights by end of 2020 as we had in 2019. No joke, just saw it on FOX 4 local news DFW area.
Also our CEO has said the LF's are improving at a rapid pace, better than planned on. With each month bettering previous months with a predict of possibly at 50% by end of June and expected to get higher for July and Aug.
Avi, I follow the industry as a whole to keep up with what all is going on. Just wanted to clarify an issue I may have read wrong. And usually the Pilots will not get the run around from the company as much as other union groups do. They tend to garner a lot more respect from the co.

Their favorite time waster is dreaming up new ways to make their mundane roles sound vital to the organization.

You hit the nail on the head! These ridiculous analysts and contractors are poisoning the FAA and airlines. Those of us that have an FAA certificate speak with concise language. You know, phrases like “line up and wait”. Not “Moving forward, transition to a robust position at the runway matrix”. I hate that stupid ****.

Our British friends have a fun website to create gobbledygook.

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/gobbledygook-generator.html

Reactions: dariencc
You hit the nail on the head! These ridiculous analysts and contractors are poisoning the FAA and airlines. Those of us that have an FAA certificate speak with concise language. You know, phrases like “line up and wait”. Not “Moving forward, transition to a robust position at the runway matrix”. I hate that stupid ****.

What they need is a Turbo-Encabulator

You guys need a Turbo Encabulator