40 FA recalls for August

Congrats to the 40 that choose to come back!

As a FA who took the voluntary furlough in 2002, I'm curious how far up the ladder the recalls have gotten. I don't keep up with this stuff like I once did and really don't have much idea what's going on with that these days. Theoretically, they could get to my seniority (1986) if they went through all the invols in seniority order and then started calling us voluntary folks in REVERSE seniority order. But I can't imagine they would need enough warm bodies back on the line to get that far up.

Not to worry, I'm just asking this out of my own curiosity and the fact that I would lose my pass privileges if I turned down an offer to return because I would be "officially" severed from the company. Even if they did get to me, I wouldn't come back at this point. For one thing, I've moved on with another career that is treating me well. And for another, after I had been on furlough for 3 yrs. I stopped accruing seniority, so I would be slotted in at some place well below where my original seniority date would've put me. With that being the case, I'd be too far down the seniority list to hold anything but crap trips here in CLT...and I ain't doin' that! And lastly, it sounds as if things have gotten even WORSE than they were when I left in 2002, which is both unbelievable and extremely sad! :(

I stopped accruing seniority, so I would be slotted in at some place well below where my original seniority date would've put me. With that being the case, I'd be too far down the seniority

I don't believe that to be true. You stopped acruing longevity for PAY, but you don't lose seniority.

I am almost 100% positve on that.....call the union on that one.

I don't believe that to be true. You stopped acruing longevity for PAY, but you don't lose seniority.

I am almost 100% positve on that.....call the union on that one.

Hmm, interesting. My understanding was that my seniority stopped accruing as well. I mean, what would be the point of only stopping the accrual of pay, since anyone with over 14 years is topped out anyway, right? But thanks for the heads up on that and I'll check with the union. Of course, it's apparently something I'll never have to worry about, since it doesn't appear I will ever get "the call" from US inviting me back to grace the flying public with my safety and service skills again. ;)

Hmm, interesting. My understanding was that my seniority stopped accruing as well. I mean, what would be the point of only stopping the accrual of pay, since anyone with over 14 years is topped out anyway, right? But thanks for the heads up on that and I'll check with the union. Of course, it's apparently something I'll never have to worry about, since it doesn't appear I will ever get "the call" from US inviting me back to grace the flying public with my safety and service skills again. ;)
PitBull will definitely know the answer to that. I'm sure she'll post something long before you get any kind of an answer from AFA, much less an accurate one. But I'm with Twicebaked... I don't believe you stop accruing seniority. Your 1986 hire date is what they go by... DOH, Baby.

You don't stop accruing seniority.

If you dont want to come back you can remove your name from the list and keep your travel as part of the hundred points of light or twelve steps or whatever that program is called.

No worries about them getting to you, thousands to go through...

The order is :

INV (loosely 1000-1500 at this point)
VF (half the seniority list)
VFLR (a few hundred)

Thanks, EMBFA. Wow, I didn't even realize that I could leave and still get pass privileges. I guess I wasn't really paying attention when I took the VF2 OR the VFLR. I was just in such a hurry to get the heck outta there!

Thanks, EMBFA. Wow, I didn't even realize that I could leave and still get pass privileges. I guess I wasn't really paying attention when I took the VF2 OR the VFLR. I was just in such a hurry to get the heck outta there!
As long as there are people junior to you, you can pass and still retain your recall rights and benefits. Once there is nobody junior to you, you have to come back or resign.

Congrats to the 40 that choose to come back!

And for another, after I had been on furlough for 3 yrs. I stopped accruing seniority, so I would be slotted in at some place well below where my original seniority date would've put me. With that being the case, I'd be too far down the seniority list to hold anything but crap trips here in CLT...and I ain't doin' that! And lastly, it sounds as if things have gotten even WORSE than they were when I left in 2002, which is both unbelievable and extremely sad! :(

If you are on a VF, you don't stop accruing any seniority, and you are topped out in pay. You've lost nothing on a VF.

Back