Any FA recalls for August still?

May 3, 2006
Hello
Does any one know if they are still planning on FA recalls for August? If so when the letters would be going out?
Thanks

they cancelled the 80 recalls for august, dont know why. next ones should be in december is what we hear.
the 200 recalls for june are back in the system... midatlantic people came back june 1st, people who never did midatlantic had to go thru a requal class but they should be done by now.

I posted this information in another post 2 weeks ago...

"Forget about the 80 Recalls that were previously slated for August. For that matter, forget any more Recalls until year end the earliest at this point..."

I'm guessing we shouldn't expect a formal announcement from the company about this though, since it would only be an admission that they screwed up the recall #'s yet again.

they cancelled the 80 recalls for august, dont know why. next ones should be in december is what we hear.
the 200 recalls for june are back in the system... midatlantic people came back june 1st, people who never did midatlantic had to go thru a requal class but they should be done by now.

The recall was cancelled due to the fact the attrition rate is not as high as they projected at this point. The December recall is still ON, but don't hold your breath. We all know that with the industry and especially this company things change on a dime.

Most of the recalls if not all should be done with training tomorrow.

Hope it works out and we can bring back more of our friends... look out for us 200, you can spot us by our orange face IDs!

god forgive me...but i was eavsdropping on two recalled younger female flight attendants talking in the phl airport. they were discussing with two male flight attendants, i am assuming they were recently recalled as well... the fact that since they have been back they have been treated wonderfully by other senior male flight attendants, pilots(male and female), and air marshalls. but the senior female flight attendants are giving them the cold shoulder. the one male flight attendant said that he got called for an international flight that he did not ask to fly and after arriving at the hotel the crew(flight attendants, senior flight attendants) told him they were going to go out at a certain time and he went downstairs at the hotel to meet them and they had already left. he did not speak the language, nor did he have any local currency or credit cards. he did not know how to call home because his cell did not work. he did not know that you had to put your room key into the wall to turn off the lights, so he ended up sleeping with the lights on all night! what ever happened to taking people under your wing? i realize that he is a grown man but, aren't you all working for the same company? i cannot imaging treating someone that i work with this way. but, i do not work for an airline, but do travel alot! this seems like immature college hazing games.

You will find that some on here will say that "they" would never do that to you. I'm sure most of us wouldn't but it certainly DOES exist. My first trip to Paris, I must have mentioned that I had never been there before and didn't know how to speak French about 10 times during the briefing and inflight. Some flight attendants were friends and I didn't expect anyone to take me with them as we were all strangers but I was totally left alone. I myself would never do that. The next day a few asked what I did and I told them. They said, "ohhhhh you could have come along with us". Yeah right. Now my 4day trip I just got off of had a newly returned flight attendant. She was the sweetest and cutest little thing. Her and I had a blast working. I honestly witnessed such bitter looks towards her walking through the airport. I didn't say anything until she finally did. We know how women can be with each other. Yes it DOES happen. Now a US1 in f/c said he was happy to see her on our PHL-BOS flight as he does it 4 times a week. He said his last crew of women looked like the Oakridge boys with boobs. I could have dropped right there on the floor laughing. I have total respect for senior flight attendants as I will be one myself. Again, this does happen before anyone says they never witness that or it's bunk. Maybe they were looking at her because she had a dress on that didn't have buttons ready to POP off and wore heals that didnt make her feet look like she was baking bread in them. It has happened to others since back....men AND women.

AS REPORTED BY WSOC NEWS 9 CLT JUNE 20 6 PM

THIS MONTH 203 RECALLS LETTERS TO BE SENT THIS MONTH FOR DEC RECALL..

On my trips everyone has been pretty nice. I was A on one and the pilots were like wow thanks you for asking if we need anything and having a sense of humor, its rare to see a smile. My first trips was with two ladies that had just been displaced from PIT and they were fantastic, SO welcoming and so helpful... The guys are always nice for the most part... I cant tell you how many male F/As have stopped me when they saw the new ID and said "Welcome back! We're so glad you guys are here!" etc and offered crash pad info, how to use the ETB etc etc. The women I'm sad to say are the ones that do tend to be nasty... I asked a lady in the crew room how to do something on the computer and she says. "We're not heere to train you honey ask your supervisor"... then walks off and says to her friend "I dont know why the company doesnt train these people laugh laugh laugh"... and one old bag on another trip who kept calling me "the new girl" . Another lady was nasty about me jumpseating, she kept acting like I wasnt mainline and was lieing to get the jumpseat, then was rude to me the whole flight... even the other F/A commented on it... Oh well theres always nasty people everywhere but you would think theyd be happy to be bumped up 200 spots in seniority. I am happy to be back, i love my job, its not rocket science, most of our f/as are great, i could care less about the bitchy ones. I aspire to be one of those total class act senior mamas, who are really great at what they do and still bring that old school elegence and grace to the job. We have had a really rough time too, especially the mda ones.. I dont know if people know that but we can still enjoy what is a really fun job. I feel sorry for the ones who cant enjoy it anymore.

One of the handful of regrets I have about my rapidly approaching retirement is that I most likely won't get to work with any of the returning pilots or F/A's. That's my loss.

But thanks for the tip about the ID's, EMBFA - I'll keep a lookout for those as I fly around the system for a few more months. Hopefully I'll get to say "Hi" and "Welcome back" to a few of you.

Jim

I cannot understand why some of these old goats insist on being so nasty. Have they forgotten where they came from? As I recall we all have a DOH with USAir (US Airways, Piedmont, Allegheny, PSA, Eastern, Trump, Lake Central, Mohawk, Empire or whatever) and we all were new and wet behind the ears at one point. That being said, no one is new here any more, even the most junior person that was recalled in June was active long enough to know what is going on and how to do this job. The closest thing that we have to being new is those that were hired in '01 and never made it off probation (excluding those that went to MDA). You would think that EVERYONE would be happy to have the recalls back and be looking forward to the breath of fresh air that they bring with them. We've come a long way and have been through too much since the furloughs began in '01. If you're going to act ignorant, rude, caddy, b!tchy, two faced, or back stabbing to your co-workers then it is time to LEAVE! Nobody needs it right now, so if you don't like it take your messy hair, your homemade sweater, your unkept uniform, your national enquirer, and your bad attitude up to the inflight office turn in your badge, wings, and manual, march down to the bus stop, go out to your car, get in and drive as fast as you can back to the rock that you came from and DON'T COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new IDs make us all look like Ompa-Lompas!

I have had nothing but great crews =) and have been treated great by everybody in the crewroom.

I ran into one of my fellow mda f/a's that got recalled and she said she did a international flight and the senior f/a told her to enjoy this trip cause it'll be the last one she'll get. Now that is just wrong....if you have nothing good to say just don't say anthing at all.