514 No longer endorsing tentative agreement

If you check out www.twu514.org you'll see that the 514 is no longer endorsing the tentative agreement.

Good to see the new Prez is not an International lapdog like his predecessor. Btw, is the former Prez back to work? I hear he's still showing up at the hall. What for? He was voted out. Now come back to the floor and go haggle with Birdchit and cauliflower ear.....

Good to see the new Prez is not an International lapdog like his predecessor. Btw, is the former Prez back to work? I hear he's still showing up at the hall. What for? He was voted out. Now come back to the floor and go haggle with Birdchit and cauliflower ear.....

Then again maybe the new Prez is an International Lapdog and was told to move in this direction before AMP has enough cards signed to removed the TWU from the property. Never under estimate the TWU's will to manilpulate. Jim Little knows damn good and well the TWU is currently only on the property by use of corruption on the eligibility list at the NMB Offices in 2003

He (Cirri) never took a position on this matter whle campaigning for office.

This is nothing more than a defensive move by the TWU in response to an independent union standing in their face and threatening their Local 514 $250,000.00 per month dues base.

Do you feel that the membership of Local 514 has been receiveing 1/4 of a $ million per month worth of representation? Don't be fooled. Those of us that don't use the Talons, Oilers, Shock, 66'ers, and Big Splash Tickets know this union is failing misreably in leadership and representation. Some who use the tickets and attend the Kool-Aid meetings are fooled but they are few.

Look at this new position by Local 514 and Cirri for what iit is. On Thursday he posted a letter complaining about the NO VOTE rally outside the Tulsa gate. On Friday after visting with the International a statement comes about the E-Board Not endorsing the agreement.

What do you think changed between Thursday and Friday?

They've hired John Kerry as a consultant. First they were for the TA, before they voted against it.

They've hired John Kerry as a consultant. First they were for the TA, before they voted against it.

Let's not confuse the previous regime with the new one. Although the former prez voted to bring back the agreement, it was not until he lossed his election did he actually come out and speak in favor of the contract. Sam C. was against the ramper deal. If he had voted to bring it back, then had a change of heart, you would be correct in your assessment. That is not the case here.

Then again maybe the new Prez is an International Lapdog and was told to move in this direction before AMP has enough cards signed to removed the TWU from the property. Never under estimate the TWU's will to manilpulate. Jim Little knows damn good and well the TWU is currently only on the property by use of corruption on the eligibility list at the NMB Offices in 2003

He (Cirri) never took a position on this matter whle campaigning for office.

This is nothing more than a defensive move by the TWU in response to an independent union standing in their face and threatening their Local 514 $250,000.00 per month dues base.

Do you feel that the membership of Local 514 has been receiveing 1/4 of a $ million per month worth of representation? Don't be fooled. Those of us that don't use the Talons, Oilers, Shock, 66'ers, and Big Splash Tickets know this union is failing misreably in leadership and representation. Some who use the tickets and attend the Kool-Aid meetings are fooled but they are few.

Look at this new position by Local 514 and Cirri for what iit is. On Thursday he posted a letter complaining about the NO VOTE rally outside the Tulsa gate. On Friday after visting with the International a statement comes about the E-Board Not endorsing the agreement.

"Gentlemen! People stampeded and cattle raped? We have to do something to protect our phoney-baloney jobs - harumph!!"
[sub]Mel Brooks as Governor LePetomaine in Blazing Saddles[/sub]

If you check out www.twu514.org you'll see that the 514 is no longer endorsing the tentative agreement.
I'm sure this had something to do with a 2200+ signature petition - not because Little recognized people were unhappy with the deal but because of sheer numbers. Those "numbers" sign election cards, vote no on contracts, and do many other nasty things Little Jimmy isn't happy about.

I wonder what the "changes" in the next few weeks will be (ie, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic)?

It's far to early to gloat, but I will love watching Little Jimmy and American's wholly-owned subsidiary, the TWU, go down for the count.

Don't get me wrong here, but I don't recall Steve Luis ever endorsing the contract. Now sure he was obviously for it, but I never saw an endorsement from him or the previous eboard. I view this as more of a play on words as a result of 565 going up there and AMP. He should of come right out and endorse a Vote No if he wanted to make any sought of endorsement. Furthermore, the guy is already hiding behind his eboard with this non endorsement.

Don't get me wrong here, but I don't recall Steve Luis ever endorsing the contract. Now sure he was obviously for it, but I never saw an endorsement from him or the previous eboard. I view this as more of a play on words as a result of 565 going up there and AMP. He should of come right out and endorse a Vote No if he wanted to make any sought of endorsement. Furthermore, the guy is already hiding behind his eboard with this non endorsement.
There were many odds and ends he had in the Informer rag and on the 514 website where he said, as I read it, the TA was the best thing since sliced bread.

He had to - Little appointed him to an International vice-prezidency.

International Vice Presidents

John Bland
Jeff Brooks
Charles Cerf
Gary Drummond
J.W. Johnson
Steve Luis
Gary Maslanka
Thom McDaniel
Barry Roberts
Marsha Spinowitz
Curtis Tate
Roger Toussaint
James Whalen
(from the TWU Int'l website)

It appears there isn't any damage to his aspirations - yet.

I don't know why the apparent about-face in his public messages, but, I am certain that he never really was a fan of the TA, and that it never should have been brought back.

There were rumors going around that the Intl. was censoring his NO VOTE sentiment. So, after a conference with the Intl, and a conference with the E-Board Members, there was indeed a consensus reached.

The message about the AFW members picketing (across the street from the main gate), was pulled.

At least he has his hat on straight now.

Are there any E-Board people that can comment?

... snip

... snip
Elsewhere on this site, "Mighty Mouse" explains that he did speak with Luis re: the "demonstrations" outside the gate and ol' Steve was good enough not to pass the information along to the new prezident.

Luis was elected, not appointed, at the last convention.
If you actually want to call that cluster an "election", you're certainly welcome to do so. I admit it did follow most of the rules but it would have actually been meaningful had Luis been elected to his new position by the votes of those he "represented", the rank and file of Local 514, so well in his 3 year term and not a group of suck-butts (delegates) partying on the membership's dime.

I have an entirely different view of the convention - it's more of a good ol' boy back-slapping party for all the so-called "union's" "dittoheads" (finally a good use for that word) and sycophants.

With any luck, that was the last convention for AA's mechanics.

By the way - have you signed your AMP card?

I have. Mailed it in, too.

Latest posts