514 No longer endorsing tentative agreement

Duke,

The reason why I and other DFW AMTs and Stock Clerk drove up to Tulsa on our own time was to show SOLIDARITY. Don Stewart spoke to two other AMTs, one from DFW and one from Tulsa, besides myself for about an hour on the phone. Had he written everything the three of us spoke about the article would have covered two days.

Yes, the banner said VOTE NO. But look at the same picture you are asking Informer to look at and you will see below the VOTE NO are the words SAVE OUR PROFESSION. This is because this t/a will be the end of our profession. There is so much bad language and added concessions that a NO vote is the only choice.

If this t/a is such a good deal where are all the VOTE YES/RUIN OUR PROFESSION banners at?

By the way, is there a reason DFW AMTs/Stock Clerk aren't allowed to speak out and encourage others interested in saving our profession to be in Tulsa? Every one of the Tulas employees that stood on the corner last Wednesday thanked us for our time and organizing the VOTE NO display of solidarity. They said they valued the opportunity to speak out and be heard and that had we not come up Local 514 would never have done it.
The TWU is not a great promoter of solidarity. If there were any of that about, we'd not be in our current situation.

I have no tolerance for any outsider telling me how to vote but, as happens on TV during each election cycle, there is no shortage of those paying to advertise their point of view. The gathering out TULE's main gate was nothing more than that - Duke should direct his anger toward TV commercials, robo-calls, and all the unwanted political mailing during each election cycle.

If one didn't care for the gathering, they had numerous options available, from ignoring those assembled to flipping them the bird and many actions in between.

Duke didn't get angry until after Sam's letter came out - that's what he should be mad about - falling for the "my prezident said so" trap.

I took no offense at the assembly and it's rather doubtful a significant number of others did. How many times have we of Local 514 been asked to board a bus and go somewhere to assist in a protest?

Those DFW/AFW boys have every right to stand and protest wherever and whenever they desire - if they choose to stand in front of the Tulsa base and do so, I'm OK with that as I'm one of the many at American that spent time in their country's service to ensure that right of assembly.

What about a Union stealing 2 hours pay per month from you under the threat of termination and using that money from your paycheck to support political candidates and issues that you may not vote for?

Now that might qualify as telling you how to vote!

I dont hear anyone complaining about that but when the union member shows up on the public corner to express his opinion under freedom of speech somehow that becomes telling us how to vote. Hmmm

And to top that the Union opposes a Paycheck Protection Act that would require them to have my permission to use my union dues for politics. But the Local President will complain publicly about dues payers expressing ther opinion on a public corner.

Letter to the Membership – 7-30-2010

I know everyone has been waiting for my position on the Tentative Agreement and that some of you have already voted. The timing of this vote and the election hasn’t been the best. I was sworn into office July 26, 2010. On July 28, I called a meeting of the Executive Board. As a part of that meeting, a member of the ATD Staff made a presentation on negotiations and how they reached the Tentative Agreement. After careful consideration, the Executive Board has determined that we cannot, in good faith, endorse this TA.
No matter whether you are in favor or against the TA, be sure to read it in its entirety. Make your decision and then be sure to cast your vote. Above all, we must respect each others opinion and we must remain united.
In solidarity,
Sam Cirri, President
Posted in TWU.
Tagged with Negotiations.
By admin – July 30, 2010

The FSC says the mechancis shouldn't vote for a contract...............

not a personal attack on Sam, just a theory of a FSC running the largest mechanic local. Now those same TUL mechs are starting a new union for mechanics.

What to think? Me thinks we should vote YES, sense TUL is a mess and I don't want a FSC, or some mech who didn't want to be local president negotiating my contract.

I would also like to hear from a TUL mech what they thought of a DFW mech telling them how to vote.

THANK YOU GUYS FROM DFW FOR DRIVING UP AND HELPING US WITH THE NO RALLY THE NO SIGN IS STILL UP ON THE CORNER

THATS WHAT A MECHANIC IN TULSA THINKS ABOUT DFW COMING HERE IM SURE WE WOULD BE WELCOME TO DO THE SAME IN DALLAS

MR CIRRI WAS ELECTED BECAUSE OF TO MANY MECHANICS RUNNING FOR PRES WHICH SPLIT THE VOTE THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A RUN- OFF

AS PROVIDED IN THE AMP CONSTITUTION GO TO AMPNATIONAL.ORG FOR THE SOLUTION

THANK YOU GUYS FROM DFW FOR DRIVING UP AND HELPING US WITH THE NO RALLY THE NO SIGN IS STILL UP ON THE CORNER

THATS WHAT A MECHANIC IN TULSA THINKS ABOUT DFW COMING HERE IM SURE WE WOULD BE WELCOME TO DO THE SAME IN DALLAS

MR CIRRI WAS ELECTED BECAUSE OF TO MANY MECHANICS RUNNING FOR PRES WHICH SPLIT THE VOTE THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A RUN- OFF

AS PROVIDED IN THE AMP CONSTITUTION GO TO AMPNATIONAL.ORG FOR THE SOLUTION

Thor,

You are welcome. It was a honor to come up and have Tulsa guys stand not with "us" (8 people from DFW) but with US ALL in the M&E Craft and Class. I know that the media takes more footage than they show but had they shown all video of the VOTE NO event those who point out that we weren't welcome, etc. would have seen that this vote on the t/a is career ending. Speaking out against this t/a was necessary and it WAS NOT because Tulsa is perceived as a Yes vote. Just the opposite. It was an opportunity to show the international/company/industry that there is solidarity and we will vote this t/a down. Regardless of what the international stuffs into our ballot envelopes!

Why did the international include this color propaganda in our ballot envelopes? Why wasn't the negotiating committee informed of it? Why does the international want this t/a to pass?

Thor,

You are welcome. It was a honor to come up and have Tulsa guys stand not with "us" (8 people from DFW) but with US ALL in the M&E Craft and Class. I know that the media takes more footage than they show but had they shown all video of the VOTE NO event those who point out that we weren't welcome, etc. would have seen that this vote on the t/a is career ending. Speaking out against this t/a was necessary and it WAS NOT because Tulsa is perceived as a Yes vote. Just the opposite. It was an opportunity to show the international/company/industry that there is solidarity and we will vote this t/a down. Regardless of what the international stuffs into our ballot envelopes!

Why did the international include this color propaganda in our ballot envelopes? Why wasn't the negotiating committee informed of it? Why does the international want this t/a to pass?

We can see that you are real good at NO, and are not afraid of traveling a few miles to spread your NO.... Now tell us, "What are we going to gain by voting NO?"

We can see that you are real good at NO, and are not afraid of traveling a few miles to spread your NO.... Now tell us, "What are we going to gain by voting NO?"
We gain nothing, but... we dont lose the farm. This T/A is far worse than what we are currently working under. Unless you are management or a international flunky.

Maybe they obseved the reaction we recieved when we went there from DFW! Thanks to all that drove up there with us!! And Thank you Tulsa technicians that joined us and gave us such a great reception. We will be back in force to show solidarity when we vote this down and the International forces another piece of crap on us!! That is if they are still around to!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAt4tWJvEkk

Maybe they obseved the reaction we recieved when we went there from DFW! Thanks to all that drove up there with us!! And Thank you Tulsa technicians that joined us and gave us such a great reception. We will be back in force to show solidarity when we vote this down and the International forces another piece of crap on us!! That is if they are still around to!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAt4tWJvEkk
I'm looking forward to a representational vote - it can't be soon enough.

What kind of contract do you think AA can afford? You have Flight Attendants, Pilots and yes - managament lined up behind you to get what they think is theirs. I love the tag line one of the bloggers has -"I get paid just enough to keep me from quitting, so I do just enough to keep from getting fired." Speaks volumes. No, Yes who cares, it looks like AA employees won't be happy either way, or even if they have it their way.

What kind of contract do you think AA can afford? You have Flight Attendants, Pilots and yes - managament lined up behind you to get what they think is theirs. I love the tag line one of the bloggers has -"I get paid just enough to keep me from quitting, so I do just enough to keep from getting fired." Speaks volumes. No, Yes who cares, it looks like AA employees won't be happy either way, or even if they have it their way.

Agreed.... As if they are qualified to do anything else.... If so, they need to go do it....and put themselves out of our misery... :) Truth be known, most of these people probably vote for the GOP. I know they do in Tulsa. Pathetic, take union wages and then vote for people that will help further along corporate greed.... And then wonder why the working class keeps getting scewed. All ya can say is WTF?

I'm looking forward to a representational vote - it can't be soon enough.

Ahh, You have forgotten the golden rule. "Those with the gold rule". At this stage of the game it doesn't matter who represents us....its not them.... its us. As long as we continue to take or buy what they are selling then we shall continue get what we deserve. We deserve better. I got an idea. Lets take the next 2 weeks off. All of us. Right now! and risk not coming back. Anyone willing to do that?

Back