737 Reductions and Flight Attendant Staffing

iwantout

Advanced
Nov 16, 2005
If anyone read this week's about US, you saw thte question of which 737's were being removed. The answer was a mix of both East and West. I love what they think is a mix, one West and 9 East. So here the East gets screwed again. We continue to shrink, reserve continues to go up and the West keeps going strong with their two year block holders.

Once again P.K. Director of Inflight Staffing makes another great decision. Recall 90 more flight attendants when we are geting rid of more planes. Just put more people on the payroll to sit around and not working. When are the higher up going to see this guy is incompetent and continually makes poor decisions. I guess never is the answer.

Well once again the East f/a's have gotten screwed again. Why are they taking aircraft off the East when that is the side that is making the money for the company.

We continue to shrink, reserve continues to go up and the West keeps going strong with their two year block holders.

Well once again the East f/a's have gotten screwed again. Why are they taking aircraft off the East when that is the side that is making the money for the company.

Don't worry though, west side got a good chunk of your profit sharing also. Maybe they should be included in our concessionary contract. They answer to your second questions is, We are using their management team, that is why. This company is going to hell and a hand basket. It seems like the west side doesn't realize that. It's almost embarrasing to fly trips thes days. The comments you get from pax really hit home. It's odd to hear east coast pax say the old US was better, That really alarms me.

If anyone read this week's about US, you saw thte question of which 737's were being removed. The answer was a mix of both East and West. I love what they think is a mix, one West and 9 East. So here the East gets screwed again. We continue to shrink, reserve continues to go up and the West keeps going strong with their two year block holders.

Once again P.K. Director of Inflight Staffing makes another great decision. Recall 90 more flight attendants when we are geting rid of more planes. Just put more people on the payroll to sit around and not working. When are the higher up going to see this guy is incompetent and continually makes poor decisions. I guess never is the answer.

Uh, maybe you forgot, but the reason the company recalled FA's on the East was because of the horrid response to the CLT displacements. It was not PK's decision whatsoever; Kirby pushed for this after listening to the FA'S in CLT. So take it up with your fellow FA's..

I swear, FA's luv to b*tch.... Happy with recalls, not happy with recalls, whine, whine, whine..... :rolleyes:

Oh, and those HORRID trash bags, and that Pecan Pie, how will we ever survive?

:mf_boff:

Did the move to raise the f/a complement to six on all B757 trans-atlantic flights affect the number of f/as recalled east?

Uh, maybe you forgot, but the reason the company recalled FA's on the East was because of the horrid response to the CLT displacements. It was not PK's decision whatsoever; Kirby pushed for this after listening to the FA'S in CLT. So take it up with your fellow FA's..

I swear, FA's luv to b*tch.... Happy with recalls, not happy with recalls, whine, whine, whine..... :rolleyes:

Oh, and those HORRID trash bags, and that Pecan Pie, how will we ever survive?

:mf_boff:
kirby doesn't need to "push" for anything. did you forget his position in the tempe hierarchy?
blaming flight attendants for flight attendant recalls?? nice...
you are a complete moron!!

Where do you get your data? On the West side there is "NO TWO YEARS BLOCH HOLDER". The eraliest one is 3,5 years, I know it is still less than with US East, however, do not blame us for your "past mistakes'.

With that kind of attitude you'll find yourself in a hostile work environment. Not every flight attendant in Phoenix is "junior" and they might not appreciate your obvious disdain for our co-workers/friends. Be careful what you wish for.

kirby doesn't need to "push" for anything. did you forget his position in the tempe hierarchy?
blaming flight attendants for flight attendant recalls?? nice...
you are a complete moron!!
I am not blaming anyone.... the company was content with displacing out of PIT/ CLT to handle the PHL/ LGA/ BOS shortage. Kirby received an earful at the Crew News session and that is the sole reason these 90 recalls happened. Moron. :)

cant wait to transfer out to phx and send all those junior f/a's in phx scrambling to dca,bos or lga.
you can't displace "junior" to allow a more senior person in the base.... can only be brought in if slots are open and there hiring 9-11 classes this year to prevent an influx when were short when contracts merge later 07 early 08'

With that kind of attitude you'll find yourself in a hostile work environment. Not every flight attendant in Phoenix is "junior" and they might not appreciate your obvious disdain for our co-workers/friends. Be careful what you wish for.
I wasn't referring to displacements in PHX. I should have been more specific. Sorry.