737 Reductions and Flight Attendant Staffing

With that kind of attitude you'll find yourself in a hostile work environment. Not every flight attendant in Phoenix is "junior" and they might not appreciate your obvious disdain for our co-workers/friends. Be careful what you wish for.

You need to define JUNIOR angie. Some of the east flight attendants have as much as 47 years. AFA has date of hire. Whether you like it or not, when the fence comes up "There will be SENIOR people in PHX. Not all of them will be original AWA f/a's. As for the obvious disdain...it appears to be coming from you...

Just my opinion...

20 years is not considered senior at US. Ten years is a "new hire." So yes, everyone in PHX is relatively junior since the most senior there would have a 1983 hire date..

A quick rundown of the east seniority list as of 1/1/07, includes all furloughees, involuntary and voluntary. excluding VFLRs. This is the whole list, not active. For the active list you could subtract a couple thousand or so for voluntary, and eliminate all but 300 of so of the "2000s" hires for involuntary furloughs.

1 F/A has a hire date in the 1950s

169 F/As have a hire date in the 1960s

994 F/As have a hire date in the 1970s

3184 F/As have a hire date in the 1980s

1630 F/As have a hire date in the 1990s

1399 have a 2000 or 2001 hire date.

So in the merged list you will have to go more than halfway down to find the most senior America West F/A. One note on the 1980s numbers though, a majority of them are 1988/1989.

Again those numbers are not the actual active list... but gives a bit of an idea as to what we mean when we say "senior".

What is the breakdown at West? Maybe in 5 year increments?

Ok, looking at the list broke down that way is truly scary. :lol: When we say senior we mean SENIOR. :lol:

Once again "Senior" is a relitive word. Is someone in LGA senior with 20 years? Yes... Is someone senior with 20 years in PHX? Yes... Is someone senior in PIT with 20 years... Nope...

Just my humble opinion...

With that kind of attitude you'll find yourself in a hostile work environment. Not every flight attendant in Phoenix is "junior" and they might not appreciate your obvious disdain for our co-workers/friends. Be careful what you wish for.

I cant wait to see our 30+ year f/a go in to PHX.

I hope they like hot summers in aircraft struggling to stay cool on the ground.

Since many of those 30+ year girls are PSA, and living in SAN and LAX I don't think the "hot summers" will be much of a problem. Especially considering a commute to PHX from the West Coast is much shorter than a commute to PHL! Many of them are just waiting for the day there is a merged contract and for PHX to open to the East.

Once again "Senior" is a relitive word. Is someone in LGA senior with 20 years? Yes... Is someone senior with 20 years in PHX? Yes... Is someone senior in PIT with 20 years... Nope...
Just my humble opinion...
20 yrs isn't senior in LGA, those old EA people came from LGA which wasn't a true US Airways "base" until 2000 when the fence came down on the Shuttle.

20 years in LGA still gets you a block...

its good thing you guys didnt merge with Delta.. Could you imagine what could've have happen? I do like USAirways and don't care for AWA at all. I was talking about this site to my coworkers at UAL today and nobody can believe what is happening here with both AWA and USAIRWAYS. Thank god we didn't merge with AWA.

As for people from PSA. They are definitly NOT the ones who are on here stirring the pot. Many prefer the Euro trips w/ thier friends along w/ the shopping. Many have made a life on the east coast and some have even gone "Philly" on us.
After being the "redheaded step children" for so long to the old USAir, the ones who would come would like nothing better than to fly peacefully w/ people from out west- to work in a nice base w/ nice people who are nice to each other. It's amazing what working in a congenial environment can do for your attitude.
The "I'm coming to steal everyones senority" line is definitely something that comes from people who have no intention of ever leaving the Baltimore,Philadelphia,New Jersey,New York and Boston corridor. And don't even worry about PIT. As everyone must know by now, it is the most "livible city" in the US.
AS I may not have made clear in an earlier post-the chance of displacements is more likely to come on the east side, IMO.
Sorry for any earlier confusion that got people ranting and scaring the "bejesus" out of other people.