757 Envoy to Europe. Not all A/C Fitted!

Dec 4, 2005
U.S Has started flights to SNN, DUB, GLA, LIS or will be soon with the 757-Etops, these flight have been sold as
envoy/economy class, only problem is only 2-3 out of 7 of these aircraft have been Envoy fitted so far, DUB flight today had no envoy class only reg domestic f/c seats.. like to tell someone who payed $2000 that they will be sitting in one of those!

What a mess, cant they get anything right?????

The best price I can see at sidestep.com is $3435.00 I would be outraged!!! They should demand a refund. I did work on the new E757 the other day is it is very nice, the chairs were already falling apart though, second-hand merchandise I guess.

The best price I can see at sidestep.com is $3435.00 I would be outraged!!! They should demand a refund. I did work on the new E757 the other day is it is very nice, the chairs were already falling apart though, second-hand merchandise I guess.

SNN is $3435.00 DUB is $6890.00 WOW! That really is LCC! OR they can drive to EWR and fly CO for $3355.00 our guys are clueless!

Not one of the smartest moves LCC has made of late. Perhaps they should have sold the flights as all-coach and put their FF'ers up in first class for the time being. That's what DAL did while we were in the process of reconfiguring our 767-400's for International service. The flight was sold as all-coach and we put our Medallion members up front in first class. Certainly not BusinessElite, but we didn't promote it as such either.

That Delta decision was a " sensible " decision, none of that at U.S Airways!! Plus the stress it puts on the staff when they have to explain that there is NO Envoy available although they paid for it.. I dont think you would see any other carrier do this.. crazy...

Get ready for the song and dance of HOW and WHY they couldn't get it done in time. Vendors this and that. We are so trashy. I was on 201 with the new winglets, that plane was falling apart inside. Talk about a hunk of crap. If I paid the money as AP mentioned and sat there I'd WOULD get a refund. How insane. I guess they don't have the new ovens in the back galley either? Genie trays to Europe? Unbelievable. Wait, no BELIEVABLE! ! ! ! Folks, fly another carrier. :rolleyes:

I have got tours of the CO 757 interior that goes across the pond and DL aircraft, what a difference they are so fresh and comfortable looking, where as your guarnateed on U.S that some screens wont work, audio if your lucky, horrible inflight catering and what is that smell from row 25 back!!

As a travel agent this is exactly why I cannot in good faith sell US to a client. There is no consistancy in the product sold. My agency books a lot of business class to Europe and I cannot book a client on US knowing there is a 50-50 chance they may get a real Envoy seat. My clients would be livid at me.

So what does this mean? Well when a client says "hey US flies from PHL to DUB nonstop, I'd like to take that flight", then I say "no you really don't want to fly on them right now, they don't really offer a true business class product."

I truly am sorry and embarassed for all of my ex-coworkers.

When Gangwall and Wolf were running the show the airline had some class.

This is a travesty. Can someone please confirm the # of aircraft that have been converted? The OP said only 2-3 out of 7 have been converted, but I thought it was more than that since they've been working on them for several months.

I had a suspicion that something like this would happen. The silver lining for now is that US only needs 2 E757s for this next week as Ireland flights are being operated as a wrap route and LIS and GLA flights operate on alternating days. They'll need a third one by the 16th when DUB and SNN each get their own flight. Things we'll relly start to get ugly if they aren't ready by the first week of June, which is when they'll need one for AMS and BRU plus thats about the time when LIS and GLA each go up to daily.

Travelpro72 - I'm guessing 201 was one of our old birds and not one of the ex-ATA birds. Do you know if they plan on upgrading our planes to match the ex-ATA ones (aside from the Envoy cabin)?

I don't think we are converting the existing 757's going etops to look anything like the ata planes. They are so different that they wil probably fly around as is for a long time. As for putting the ovens in the back of the original 757's I don't know were all that ice and soda is going? Anyone know how this is gonna work? AGAIN as stated previously in another post do you THINK that we'd have the diagram or oven info for these newly converted a/c? NOPE. a mention on one line of an alert bulletin but nothing more. This company is so far gone its hard to believe it sometimes. It wasn't run this bad in our darkest days of BK and THAT is the truth.

Perhaps they should have sold the flights as all-coach and put their FF'ers up in first class for the time being.

I think US did that last year, but CHARGED for the "upgrade" to the "premium cabin". :rolleyes: If any airline would pull this kind of crap, it would LCC.

I don't understand it. I mean, didn't they have ample time to do these reconfigurations? There is no reason why IMO. Great job US. Advertise that international service baby. :rolleyes: I'm SO GLAD that I'm not on the division anymore now to be perfectly honest. It's a shame that it's become this.

They must really not have more than 1 or 2 done since it looks like the flight to LIS on 5/11 will be one with 8F seats. Hopefully, this gets fixed soon. :down:

U.S do everything ASSWAYS, if they plan to sell a product, they should provide the product. Its like paying for a fancy plasma tv only to be given a black and white mini tv. If U.S wants to continue to make a profit, they need to get some brains into the sandcastle, no excuses , how do they expect to compete on international markets..

U.S Has started flights to SNN, DUB, GLA, LIS or will be soon with the 757-Etops, these flight have been sold as
envoy/economy class, only problem is only 2-3 out of 7 of these aircraft have been Envoy fitted so far, DUB flight today had no envoy class only reg domestic f/c seats.. like to tell someone who payed $2000 that they will be sitting in one of those!

What a mess, cant they get anything right?????
Although I'm not disputing the possiblity of your claim, I'd appreciate your source. This is contrary to what I'm aware of, which is that ALL TA 757s will complete refurbishment by June 1 and be in service on or before that date, except possibly (and I restate "possibly") for the IFE, which would not delay using the aircraft. The tone of your post implies this will not be the case.

Latest posts