757 Envoy to Europe. Not all A/C Fitted!

I would ever say I miss that days of Wolf and Gangwall. For all their faults they new how to run a classy operation.
Remember the days....I loved working thoes flights.
News Release
Monday 17 May 1999, 15:28 GMT Monday 17 May 1999
HONOURS
US Airways

US AIRWAYS' ENVOY CLASS EARNS TOP HONOURS FOR INTERNATIONAL IN-FLIGHT SERVICE

Arlington, Virginia - US Airways' premium transatlantic Envoy Class service has received the "1999 Presidents Award of Distinction" for Innovation in First and Business Class Service by the International Inflight Food Service Association.

The President's Award was presented to US Airways in recognition for outstanding achievement in airline in-flight service. In the "Innovation in First and Business Class Service" category, airlines were judged on menu selection and presentation, serviceware and table linen, spirits and wine, and for special presentations such as dessert, amenities and cabin service.

"We are honored to receive this distinguished award recognizing our milestone accomplishments in the design and delivery of our distinctive Envoy Class service," said US Airways President and Chief Executive Officer Rakesh Gangwal. "This award, coupled with recent recognition of US Airways as the top-rated airline in the United States by the Airline Quality Rating study, clearly acknowledges the superb efforts by our family of employees in providing our travelers with the highest levels of quality service."

The International Inflight Food Service Association is a global professional association created to serve the needs and interests of airline personnel, inflight caterers and suppliers responsible for providing passenger food service on regularly scheduled flights. The International Inflight Food Service Association is dedicated to the advancement of the multi-billion dollar inflight food service industry.

Envoy Class service, introduced by US Airways in December 1997, offers sleeper-type seats that recline 155 degrees with 55 inches of legroom between rows, meals served by flight attendants trained in the tradition of the Culinary Institute of America. Philadelphia's award-winning Le Bec-Fin restaurant assisted in the development of the "Signature Chef's Creation" entree, as well as with the hors d'oeuvres and desserts.

Other Envoy Class features include:

* First-class style dining with a choice of four distinctive entrees

* An optional Express Meal Service, which is one of four entrees offered

* "Snacking Station" for between-meal cravings

* Vintage champagne and a variety of premium California and European

wines

* A special selection of spirits and liqueurs

* Every seat either on the aisle, or by a window

* Every seat equipped with an easy-to-adjust, rotating personal in-arm

video screen featuring six video and 10 audio channels

* Over 60 hours of major contemporary and classic movies, multi-lingual

programming such as EuroNews offered exclusively to US Airways on

transatlantic flights, situation comedies, documentaries, sports and

music for a variety of programming choices

* Each seat equipped with Airfone® Service from GTE with a fax/modem

hookup

Envoy Class passengers departing from Philadelphia International Airport, US Airways' primary international gateway, can relax in the Envoy Lounge. Its features include a multi-lingual staff, expedited check-in, complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvres, domestic and international magazines and newspapers, complimentary use of fax and photocopy machines, private telephone booths, a separate smoking area, cable television and a separate Weather Channel monitor.

US Airways, US Airways Express, US Airways Shuttle, and low-fare MetroJet fly to 203 destinations worldwide, including 38 states in the U.S., Bermuda, Cancun, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Croix, and the Canadian destinations of Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, and London, Ontario. US Airways' transatlantic destinations include Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Munich, Paris and Rome.

For additional information on US Airways' international flight schedules and fares, contact your professional travel consultant or US Airways at 00 1-800-622-1015, or visit US Airways' Web site at usairways.com.

Distributed by PR Newswire on behalf of US Airways

News Release
HONOURS
US Airways

US AIRWAYS' ENVOY CLASS EARNS TOP HONOURS FOR INTERNATIONAL IN-FLIGHT SERVICE
Arlington, Virginia - US Airways' premium transatlantic Envoy Class service has received the "1999 Presidents Award of Distinction" for Innovation in First and Business Class Service by the International Inflight Food Service Association.

The President's Award was presented to US Airways in recognition for outstanding achievement in airline in-flight service. In the "Innovation in First and Business Class Service" category, airlines were judged on menu selection and presentation, serviceware and table linen, spirits and wine, and for special presentations such as dessert, amenities and cabin service.

"We are honored to receive this distinguished award recognizing our milestone accomplishments in the design and delivery of our distinctive Envoy Class service," said US Airways President and Chief Executive Officer Rakesh Gangwal. "This award, coupled with recent recognition of US Airways as the top-rated airline in the United States by the Airline Quality Rating study, clearly acknowledges the superb efforts by our family of employees in providing our travelers with the highest levels of quality service."

The International Inflight Food Service Association is a global professional association created to serve the needs and interests of airline personnel, inflight caterers and suppliers responsible for providing passenger food service on regularly scheduled flights. The International Inflight Food Service Association is dedicated to the advancement of the multi-billion dollar inflight food service industry.

Envoy Class service, introduced by US Airways in December 1997, offers sleeper-type seats that recline 155 degrees with 55 inches of legroom between rows, meals served by flight attendants trained in the tradition of the Culinary Institute of America. Philadelphia's award-winning Le Bec-Fin restaurant assisted in the development of the "Signature Chef's Creation" entree, as well as with the hors d'oeuvres and desserts.

Other Envoy Class features include:

* First-class style dining with a choice of four distinctive entrees

* An optional Express Meal Service, which is one of four entrees offered

* "Snacking Station" for between-meal cravings

* Vintage champagne and a variety of premium California and European

wines

* A special selection of spirits and liqueurs

* Every seat either on the aisle, or by a window

* Every seat equipped with an easy-to-adjust, rotating personal in-arm

video screen featuring six video and 10 audio channels

* Over 60 hours of major contemporary and classic movies, multi-lingual

programming such as EuroNews offered exclusively to US Airways on

transatlantic flights, situation comedies, documentaries, sports and

music for a variety of programming choices

* Each seat equipped with Airfone® Service from GTE with a fax/modem

hookup

Envoy Class passengers departing from Philadelphia International Airport, US Airways' primary international gateway, can relax in the Envoy Lounge. Its features include a multi-lingual staff, expedited check-in, complimentary beverages and hors d'oeuvres, domestic and international magazines and newspapers, complimentary use of fax and photocopy machines, private telephone booths, a separate smoking area, cable television and a separate Weather Channel monitor.

US Airways, US Airways Express, US Airways Shuttle, and low-fare MetroJet fly to 203 destinations worldwide, including 38 states in the U.S., Bermuda, Cancun, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Croix, and the Canadian destinations of Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Hamilton, and London, Ontario. US Airways' transatlantic destinations include Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Munich, Paris and Rome.

For additional information on US Airways' international flight schedules and fares, contact your professional travel consultant or US Airways at 00 1-800-622-1015, or visit US Airways' Web site at usairways.com.

Distributed by PR Newswire on behalf of US Airways
You see this is what most of the westies don't understand. The people in the east remember when US was one of the best and really set the standard.

We need to forward that to Dougie, Kirby and Christ. This is what we should be offering. I recently was in envoy to Europe , it was nice but not like it used to be. How far have we fallen thanks to Tempe. If we say that Southwest is like Greyhound then we are a level below them . We are the Peter Pan Bus of the airline industry. And things aren't getting better. Almost 12 weeks into Shares and it is still a screwed up disaster with only marginal improvement , mostly due to east agents forcing IT to make the changes. Have a problem in Europe and you are up the creek , since the system is barely functional there. Buy a tkt in europe it will price in us dollars rather than local currency. It is going to cost us 10's of millions to try to fix the bad decisions thrust upon us by the sandcastle.

I travelled envoy last year from PHL to Europe, the crew were in-experienced and looking into manuals, it was an hour and a half into the flight before we got our drink and nuts, i was gasping at that stage , and there was no chance of another drink as the crew were in the fwd galley trying to figure out the service, A flt attendant came from the back to help serve dinner, she told me that it was the flt attendants up front first time in envoy, it was an appalling service, not the flt attendants fault though as it was the company who put them there without proper training.

If i had payed for that flight in envoy i would be furious.

If they want to serve a sub-standard service fine but dont charge Standard CO/DL biz fare its not comparitable

I travelled envoy last year from PHL to Europe, the crew were in-experienced and looking into manuals, it was an hour and a half into the flight before we got our drink and nuts, i was gasping at that stage , and there was no chance of another drink as the crew were in the fwd galley trying to figure out the service, A flt attendant came from the back to help serve dinner, she told me that it was the flt attendants up front first time in envoy, it was an appalling service, not the flt attendants fault though as it was the company who put them there without proper training.

If i had payed for that flight in envoy i would be furious.

If they want to serve a sub-standard service fine but dont charge Standard CO/DL biz fare its not comparitable
Tempe doesn't believe in training, it's not cost effective they believe. But their beliefs are dreams, that becomes the Employees and Passengers nightmares.

I don't think we are converting the existing 757's going etops to look anything like the ata planes. They are so different that they wil probably fly around as is for a long time. As for putting the ovens in the back of the original 757's I don't know were all that ice and soda is going? Anyone know how this is gonna work? AGAIN as stated previously in another post do you THINK that we'd have the diagram or oven info for these newly converted a/c? NOPE. a mention on one line of an alert bulletin but nothing more. This company is so far gone its hard to believe it sometimes. It wasn't run this bad in our darkest days of BK and THAT is the truth.
I flew on 200 and 201 on a DUB trip...all I can say is what a fu%$ing joke!!!!

News Release
HONOURS US Airways
And to think that this review was for the 767 Envoy service!

The A330 raised the bar with its inauguration into US' fleet in May 2000 when US got more very prestigious and well deserved awards for the transatlantic premium service. Of course this is when there was a real intl. F service up front with a dedicated crew, galley and 7 course meal with Dom Perignon. Envoy was nothing to sneeze at, but the pride and joy was to ride in those flat sleepers that AA and UA were just rolling out on their long haul fleets at the time. Wolf had the right idea about something....

REAL ISSUES?????

Where would you like me to start there Pollyanna?

Web Site?

Res Migration?

55% on time performance?

PAWOB Numbers?

DOT Report in General?

Non Responsive Customer Relations?

Dirty Planes?

Excessive Refueling stops on reconfigured 320/321?

Removal of Closets on East Planes?

Shall I continue or would you prefer to work from this list OR aren't these big enough Issues?:shock:

I have a better idea Mr Pollyanna Stepford. Perhaps all of the FF'ers who post here and on other sites report their findings regarding ENVOY seating on 757's, complete with Flight number and days of travel between now and June 30th and if we find a significant number of those seats to be of the Non Envoy Type advertised we retain counsel and proceed in that direction?? :up:

Consumer Fraud, Theft by Deception are areas of the law both civil and criminal that come to mind. But alas I'm no attorney so I could be talking out of turn.

You can't operate the airline on time, You can't deliver a web site that works, Your can't clean planes, deliver bags or maintain Labor peace so tell oh PLEASE enlighten me Tech Ops as to what it is your airline CAN do?

Hell the CEO doesn't even have enough common sense to call a cab :angry:

Piney,

My post was intended for Boeing. I read this topic and felt that the truth needed to be told. If Boeing was on that flight then he/she is a liar.

As for you....
I am not going to argue with someone who has the emotional development of my three year old. After I post this feel free to flame away because I will not respond to you. You know nothing of me, what I do, or how well I do it. I do not represent US Airways on this board. You however, from your posts, seem to have some serious issues. You have fists full of DOT reports? You want to track every flight to determine whether or not it was configured for envoy?

I cannot imagine how someone could have so little in their life that they would become so obsessed with the issues of a business they clearly do not like. I can see your gravestone now:

Here lies Piney Bob - He didn't do much with his life, but he died with 60,000 posts on a chat room board and he stuck it to them until the very end.

Summer is coming Piney. Why don't you try to find something positive to do with your time?

i just flew a/c 201 to dub on friday. it is a complete and utter embarrasement. the economy seats are still in the old grey covers . the interior looks outdated. they did a ghetto job on the ovens (which are not deep cavity by the way) so you have to cook the meals in shifts. it just nor fit to go to europe period. it makes the ata planes look like a 777.

With the pax that the NEW US now attracts, I'm sure you had all the nuts onboard you needed...

If you have a male F/A on the Airbus, and are in a particular seat with the new location of the video equiptment, you get nuts several times. Right in your face. Pre-safety, level-off, before and after movie, pre-landing... Right in your face.

We need to forward that to Dougie, Kirby and Christ. This is what we should be offering. I recently was in envoy to Europe , it was nice but not like it used to be. How far have we fallen thanks to Tempe. If we say that Southwest is like Greyhound then we are a level below them . We are the Peter Pan Bus of the airline industry. And things aren't getting better. Almost 12 weeks into Shares and it is still a screwed up disaster with only marginal improvement , mostly due to east agents forcing IT to make the changes. Have a problem in Europe and you are up the creek , since the system is barely functional there. Buy a tkt in europe it will price in us dollars rather than local currency. It is going to cost us 10's of millions to try to fix the bad decisions thrust upon us by the sandcastle.

But why spend all that extra money? The company is posting profits - which is what Mgt wants - and as long as that happens I'd wager a guess that you won't see many changes. The days of being a carrier that helped to set the mark for the industry are long gone. That was past Mgt's business strategy - but certainly not the business strategy of the current group.

The days of being a carrier that helped to set the mark for the industry are long gone.

They are indeed setting the mark for the industry--this time it is showing its competitors what it looks like to be at the bottom of the barrel in every category.

Latest posts