Galleys on the new ETOP 757s

AlleghenyVista

Advanced
Nov 30, 2006
So i hear that a few of the original US 757s are close to being done with having the ETOP config finished.

What is being done with the aft galley? The plan is based on flying these birds to SNN,DUB,LIS,GLA,AMS and BRU. Have ovens been put in place back there or are the Alladin trays being brought back. I would actually prefer the Aladdin trays again. Easier to work with in my opinion.

Im very happy that a 6th FA will be working these flights. Now it will be staffed how we used to staff this airplane years ago. 2 FASs work in Envoy Class and the other 4 in the back. 2 on the drink cart and 2 doing meals.

For the sake of all the "Easties" I Hope
they decide to put back 8F/As on the 767
int'l flights! I've see 8 tirelessly work a
76' flt MUC-PHL and doing it with 6 must
create a real burden.

For the sake of all the "Easties" I Hope
they decide to put back 8F/As on the 767
int'l flights! I've see 8 tirelessly work a
76' flt MUC-PHL and doing it with 6 must
create a real burden.
6 FAs are enough for working the 767 to Europe. We only needed 8 FAs back when the transatlantic service was alot diffrent.

So i hear that a few of the original US 757s are close to being done with having the ETOP config finished.

What is being done with the aft galley? The plan is based on flying these birds to SNN,DUB,LIS,GLA,AMS and BRU. Have ovens been put in place back there or are the Alladin trays being brought back. I would actually prefer the Aladdin trays again. Easier to work with in my opinion.

Im very happy that a 6th FA will be working these flights. Now it will be staffed how we used to staff this airplane years ago. 2 FASs work in Envoy Class and the other 4 in the back. 2 on the drink cart and 2 doing meals.
oven's will be put in. you must be crazy to want those tupperware trays back. stacking them up and tying into place as oppose to sticking them back in the cart. i think it's much easier just sticking the trays back in the cart. but that's my opinon ofcourse.

6 FAs are enough for working the 767 to Europe. We only needed 8 FAs back when the transatlantic service was alot diffrent.
I have to agree, 6 is plenty for a 767. The service is not what it used to be, but we used to step all over each other. As a wise ole FA use to say, "There was to much navy in that galley!" I have yet to work the new 757 to Europe, but I don't expect to see those routes anytime soon.

Hopefully the galleys will be TOTALLY reburbished and ovens are installed to provide a decent inflight meal. Just the thought of those Aladdin "Dog Dishes" returning makes me see RED! Personally, I hope those those disgusting, dirty,dingy,crusted plastic trays have found a home in a landfill befitting the piece of crap they resembled. (It WASN'T the FOOD, IT WAS THE DISH :down: )

Hopefully the galleys will be TOTALLY reburbished and ovens are installed to provide a decent inflight meal. Just the thought of those Aladdin "Dog Dishes" returning makes me see RED! Personally, I hope those those disgusting, dirty,dingy,crusted plastic trays have found a home in a landfill befitting the piece of crap they resembled. (It WASN'T the FOOD, IT WAS THE DISH :down: )
I was rather fond of them. :rolleyes:

They are putting in ovens like the Etops ones have. Eww, I hope your joking about the genie trays. They were ok for sitting on but thats it.

Latest posts