767 coach refurb

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Read a post on Flyertalk.com that a passenger was on a 767 from MAD with all new leather coach seating and newly recovered bulkheads. That's a nice change, but the comment was that while it really made the cabin look nice, it's hard to sit in them for long flights because you sweat. Is leather cheaper to maintain in the long run than cloth seating? And, I thought the whole benefit with leather was that it "breathes".

And, the F/A told the poster that the new lie-flat Envoy seating may start this Winter, but I thought we had heard not until next Winter due to lag time on the seats from the mfg.

Will coach also get a new IFE, or will that just be Envoy?

Is leather cheaper to maintain in the long run than cloth seating? And, I thought the whole benefit with leather was that it "breathes".
Much easier to clean and maintain, thus much cheaper in the long run.

The leather used on airline seats is what is called "corrected". In other words it has been painted, not vat dyed, and thus does not breath.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. If anyone has any pictures, please post them or link to where we can see them. Thanks.

Read a post on Flyertalk.com that a passenger was on a 767 from MAD with all new leather coach seating and newly recovered bulkheads. That's a nice change, but the comment was that while it really made the cabin look nice, it's hard to sit in them for long flights because you sweat. Is leather cheaper to maintain in the long run than cloth seating? And, I thought the whole benefit with leather was that it "breathes".

And, the F/A told the poster that the new lie-flat Envoy seating may start this Winter, but I thought we had heard not until next Winter due to lag time on the seats from the mfg.

Will coach also get a new IFE, or will that just be Envoy?
Was just on one of the 767's you mention. All that has changed, is the leather (dark blue) Y seats, and the bulkheads. The bulkheads are an off white, with the new "swoosh" style blue (w red pin stripe above the swoosh) at the bottom, and the grey flag right in the middle. Rugs the same, IFE in Y the same (same seats, just recovered), overhead bins the same. Guess they are refurbing in stages as the supplies arrive? Leather looks sharp!

Let's hope for at LEAST new projectors/ screens in coach.....

Hopefully the Envoy/ Business Class seat will remain in cloth like the A330........pax really like the seat- just wished they were w-i-d-e-r and layed flat.

Just rode as a non-rev the other day on one of the new leather seated 767s! Quite liked it. Very comfortable. I really hope that a new IFE and new galleys are part of the fixing up they plan to do with this airplane.
The 767 is my favourite plane to work and I really hope that they stay around for quite a while longer! :up:

Noticebale cosmetic changes will be taking place through 2007, new seats and IFE will start fall 2007.

Regards
DC

I was the one to make the commment on flyertalk. I hate the seats. Yes they look nice but they don't breathe a bit. You sweat like a dog. It would be great for short flights...but for a translantic they are not so great.

I don't know, but, it seems if the fabric "breathes" then that means you would be exposed to all sorts of undesirable emissions from previous occupants.

Great if from a Beyonce, not so good if from nth-degree promiscuous, transvestite hate-spewer and general idiot, Coulter.

You might wish to pack sanitary wipes and complain when it gets hot.

i just flew from new zealand on Air New Zealand in business and they have flat beds. It was the great to be flat however the seat was hotter than you know what. I actually like cloth better. I have two cars with leather. One has little holes in it and it breaths fine and is never hot. The other one has no holes and I hate driving it in the summer.

A little off topic but just heard the first 330 is scheduled for repaint in March 07. First East 733's in January.

Regards

LGA777

Anything is an improvement inside that 767. Those planes while I love to fly them smell and look like they are held together by spit and chewing gum.

Anything is an improvement inside that 767. Those planes while I love to fly them smell and look like they are held together by spit and chewing gum.
;) ;) so true. If US is planning on keeping them they should have gutted them and redid interiors-bigger overheads, get rid of that mid galley, new f/c & y galley and put in new IFE. Its long overdue!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who almost got fried while trying to mess around with the plugs on the meal carts. That galley while nice and big is in no way user friendly. They obviously don't really care that much about the passenger point of view (adding additional seats and decreased leg room) do you we really think we'd get a new galley to keep up happy? LOL in our dreams. Again, I'm all for any kind of upgrade to the 767. That middle galley really could go. Does it still only hold the f/c liquor/wine and the trash carts. oh yeah the amenity kits. That area could be seats.