New Interior on A-330 !

Ok, well from the pictures of the 330, I'm not so sure about that blue. Although blue happens to be my favorite color, it looks too greenish blue or something. The navy that's in the 190 is ok and the navy in the 767 is ok but from the pics that blue on the 330 looks a little funny. I hope they leave the bulkheads and walls alone on the 330, I'm just not too sure that these new stlyle of bulkheads really look apropriate on the International fleet.

Also the old gray on the side of the newly covered Envoy seats doesn't seem to fit either, and while we're at it why are the spending the money to redo the current envoy seats in that awful fabric if they are going to be turning around and installing lie flat seats? Are they leaving the 6 old F seats in the front of the 330 or are they possibly installing them all the way through envoy?
actually the blue is not too bad, it's like blue with a very little touch of gray. it looks nicer than the 767 seats, these covers look like they fit the seats.

What was the matter with the purple/gray color we had up there? If the seats are being replaced next year why did they bother? I know why. They are bound and determined to SOOSHIFY everything. I swear it's like a dog walking by a fire hydrant. They can't help it....

I just searched several aviation photos sites and no pics of an A330 at LGA, I know AA, EA and CO has/had operated the A300 at LGA.

AA and TWA operated DC-10s and L1011s at LGA. MGWTOW for International TWA L-1011 was 468,000. A bit of a squeeze but we did all right. Never could get up to MGWTOW at LGA because the runways were too short and airlines are restricted in distance at LGA. What is MGWTOW for an A330? How about 777?

AA and TWA operated DC-10s and L1011s at LGA. MGWTOW for International TWA L-1011 was 468,000. A bit of a squeeze but we did all right. Never could get up to MGWTOW at LGA because the runways were too short and airlines are restricted in distance at LGA. What is MGWTOW for an A330? How about 777?
Widebodies at LGA
767-200 AA, DL, UA (rarely), AC (rarely)
767-300 DL (all the time), AA (rarely), AC (rarely)
767-400 DL only
A300 - EA (first A300 at LGA), CO
DC10 - DL (they leased them from UA for a period before the 1011), AA
1011 - EA (the first 1011 at LGA), DL, TW

TWA never had DC10's
A330 -never been there

Meanwhile...

Westin Hotels & Resorts and United Airlines Team Up to Offer a Heavenly Experience in the Sky

United to offer Westin Heavenly Bed® products in first and business class on p.s. transcontinental flights
Westin-designed Renewal Lounges will debut in select United Red Carpet Clubs in 2008

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. and CHICAGO, Feb. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Westin Hotels & Resorts and United Airlines jointly announced today a partnership that will treat all first and business class customers who fly United's p.s. service to a new level of comfort with Westin's Heavenly Bed® products. This partnership marks the first time that hotel-branded bedding is taken to the sky by a U.S. airline. Also, as part of this partnership, select United Red Carpet Clubs in New York (JFK), Los Angeles and San Francisco will debut custom-designed Westin Renewal Lounges later this year: private areas outfitted with luxurious touches from Westin to create a calming oasis where travelers can relax before or after their flight.

Inspired by the iconic all-white, ten-layer Westin Heavenly Bed, United's first and business class p.s. service between New York and California will include a signature oversized Heavenly blanket and pillow -- bringing a new level of luxury and comfort to flying. The Westin Renewal Lounge areas will provide Red Carpet Club guests with a soothing environment with many spa-like amenities for relaxing and escaping the hustle and bustle of an airport.

"Who would have thought our signature Heavenly bedding would reach 35,000 feet? We are thrilled to be the first hotel company to partner with an airline, bringing our highly regarded bed amenities to travelers in flight," said Sue Brush, senior vice president of Westin Hotels & Resorts. "At Westin, we continually strive to provide the services and amenities that make guests feel renewed. Through this exciting new partnership we can reach beyond our doors and help United's p.s. customers relax in luxury during their travels, whether in the sky or on the ground in a United Red Carpet Club."

"It is important that when our guests spend their valuable time with United, they feel relaxed and rewarded," said Graham Atkinson, executive vice president and Chief Customer Officer, United Airlines. "By partnering with Westin, we can welcome aboard our first and business class guests with luxurious pillows and blankets, and treat some of our Red Carpet Club visitors to a calming oasis that feels miles away from the airport. No other airline in the U.S. can offer this level of hotel-branded luxury today, and we are proud to offer it to our valued guests first."

The Westin-United partnership joins a host of initiatives at both companies to improve the guest experience.

Initiatives aimed at personal renewal recently introduced by Westin Hotels & Resorts include a groundbreaking SuperFoods menu and an in-room spa program that includes a custom-designed portable spa table inspired by the Heavenly Bed(tm). Additionally, properties across the globe host Unwind(SM) ... a Westin evening ritual -- mini lessons, tastings and art installments that help guests connect with each other and the culture of their surroundings.

As part of its multi-million dollar investment to improve the customer experience, United recently inaugurated its newly-enhanced international aircraft, featuring the first 180-degree, lie-flat business class seat to be offered by a major U.S. airline. Other customer experience enhancements include redesigned airport lobbies and separate security and boarding lanes for premium customers at most of United's busiest airports. United also renewed its partnership with world-famous and legendary Chicago Restaurateur, Chef Charlie Trotter, and Doug Frost, one of only three people in the world to hold both the title of Master Sommelier and Master of Wine, to help create its menus and select wine.

About Westin Hotels & Resorts

Westin Hotels & Resorts, with 150 hotels and resorts in more than 31 countries and territories, is owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT). Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with approximately 890 properties in more than 100 countries and 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood® Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels and resorts with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Meridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft(SM), and Element(SM). Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit http://www.starwoodhotels.com.

About United

United Airlines (Nasdaq: UAUA) operates more than 3,300* flights a day on United, United Express and Ted to more than 200 U.S. domestic and international destinations from its hubs in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Washington, D.C. With key global air rights in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and Latin America, United is one of the largest international carriers based in the United States. United also is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides connections for our customers to 897 destinations in 160 countries worldwide. United's 55,000 employees reside in every U.S. state and in many countries around the world. News releases and other information about United can be found at the company's Web site at united.com.

*Based on the flight schedule between Feb. 12, 2008 and Dec. 31, 2008.

SOURCE United Airlines; Westin Hotels & Resorts

Widebodies at LGA
767-200 AA, DL, UA (rarely), AC (rarely)
767-300 DL (all the time), AA (rarely), AC (rarely)
767-400 DL only
A300 - EA (first A300 at LGA), CO
DC10 - DL (they leased them from UA for a period before the 1011), AA
1011 - EA (the first 1011 at LGA), DL, TW

TWA never had DC10's
A330 -never been there
Didn't that EA L-1011 that crashed in the Everglades originate from LGA?

That Westin stuff makes me want to barf - with envy. What must it be like to be associated with a real airline?

Tempe is going to start offering the very classy "Twin Palms Collection," complete with garish turquoise floral blanket with mystery stains, lie-flat seat with a couple of springs that poke you in the behind while you sleep, flat lumpy pillows, malfunctioning televisions (oh, wait, US already has that) and a second-hand inflight phone that was taken from a defunct hospital nurse's station. But, like the Twin Palms, they will market it as "boutique" service. Maybe the folks in the Sand Castle went to the same off shore business school that Pat Theilen (sp? the manager of the Twin) went to? Sheesh. Oh, and maybe we can have a mangey parrot in a cage next to the 1L door during boarding? That'll class up the joint.

That Westin stuff makes me want to barf - with envy. What must it be like to be associated with a real airline?

Tempe is going to start offering the very classy "Twin Palms Collection," complete with garish turquoise floral blanket with mystery stains, lie-flat seat with a couple of springs that poke you in the behind while you sleep, flat lumpy pillows, malfunctioning televisions (oh, wait, US already has that) and a second-hand inflight phone that was taken from a defunct hospital nurse's station. But, like the Twin Palms, they will market it as "boutique" service. Maybe the folks in the Sand Castle went to the same off shore business school that Pat Theilen (sp? the manager of the Twin) went to? Sheesh. Oh, and maybe we can have a mangey parrot in a cage next to the 1L door during boarding? That'll class up the joint.

Maybe you can recruit the Blonde Bombshell that works in the Lobby Lounge to be the Purser on that "Twin Palms" Service flight!

A partnership with the Lagoon would be up US's alley as well.

Lagoon.gif

We are so air ghetto. You just have to wonder where all of this is going. I know management appears clueless (no doubt) but they must make the decisions they do for some reason. I STILL believe they are keeping it as bland and cheap as possible in lieu of blending in with another carrier. We can't possibly continue this way forever. Just ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:

We are so air ghetto. You just have to wonder where all of this is going. I know management appears clueless (no doubt) but they must make the decisions they do for some reason. I STILL believe they are keeping it as bland and cheap as possible in lieu of blending in with another carrier. We can't possibly continue this way forever. Just ain't gonna happen. :rolleyes:
Honey I can't imagine continuing like this for another month... much less forever!!!

Maybe you can recruit the Blonde Bombshell that works in the Lobby Lounge to be the Purser on that "Twin Palms" Service flight!

Oh, snap! I think her fishnets would make a wonderful addition to the FA uniform. They would really appeal to the Mustang Ranch set. The whole Twin Palms Chic ensemble would be SO cutting edge for the A330 flagship.