New Interior on A-330 !

i was speaking to travis christ yesterday on the phone and he told me that the a330's and the 757 will get new envoy seats . not the ones the 767 have .another type. we will see what they come up with .
Now THAT'S interesting. The 767 Envoy seats are barely unwrapped. On paper and in PR materials, there's no reason to think US would go with different seat types for the TA aircraft. So that begs the question...why is Tempe already thinking about a different seat for the 330 and 757? Unless they're going to a true lie flat. We can only hope.....

The 757 cabin could fit 8 lie flats (but have to dump those horrible coach rows ahead of the #2 doors). Ditto for the 330 if they drop row 1 and the divider. They could fit 24 fully lie flats in the space between the #1 and #2 doors.

Now THAT'S interesting. The 767 Envoy seats are barely unwrapped. On paper and in PR materials, there's no reason to think US would go with different seat types for the TA aircraft. So that begs the question...why is Tempe already thinking about a different seat for the 330 and 757? Unless they're going to a true lie flat. We can only hope.....

The 757 cabin could fit 8 lie flats (but have to dump those horrible coach rows ahead of the #2 doors). Ditto for the 330 if they drop row 1 and the divider. They could fit 24 fully lie flats in the space between the #1 and #2 doors.
We were told recently in Envoy training that the A333s will get new Envoy seats and a new video system next year in order to be standardized with the new A332s. They said nothing about the 757s though. So that's news to me.

I worked the A330 the other day. They replaced the nice grey/purple fabric we had in envoy with the blue SHOOSH fabric. Of course they did it up ghetto style. The aircraft I had still had the purple fabric panel on the sides of the seat. Boom! Mismatched fabric tacky tacky tacky. It's like having one grey sock on and one blue sock. And please enough with the freaking SWOOSH. It's on the airplane, the bulkheads, the ticket jackets, the business cards, the seat covers, the tray liners....yeah yeah we get it but it making me dizzy. What's next, embossing the toilet paper with it? :rolleyes:
S W O O O S H!
View attachment 7122

phpkfrJOR.jpg

phpZK0Wnd.jpg

pics taken from airliners.net
credit: etops1

well ain't that some :censored:

Sorry. Couldnt think of anything else. So this is ours? What tail number?

I actually like the appearance of the A330 "upgraded" interiors. Aesthetically very pleasing to the eye.

The DC-10 with the extra landing gear (in between the two mains) is the DC-10-30 and -40. When I flew for American, the only DC-10 capable of landing at LaGuardia was the -10 series which does not have the extra gear. American also flew the DC-10-30, but these aircraft were used primarily for transatlantic and Hawaii flights. As far as I can recall, the -30 could never be used as a substitute for flights into/from LGA. The -30 and -40 were configured with the additional gear to support the extra weight of the aircraft (larger fuel tanks for intercontinental flying) and was much heavier than the standard -10 series.

I believe the -30 or -40 series of the DC-10 would have been too heavy a load for the weight restricted and load bearing runways at LaGuardia.

Any pilots out there that can confirm this??

903AW,
There was a DC-10-15 also, basically a -10 with the center gear to get better tire loading for places that were sensitive to that, also had the larger engines.

There are 9 A330s that fly between PHL, CLT, and several T/A markets. The only domestic market you'll see them in is SJU and the occassional CLT-PHL repositioning. They don't spend very much time on the ground in the United States.

At least they left the swooshes off the bulkhead.

CLT-LGW is an A330, so you've got a one in 9 chance at the moment. The only difference in Envoy is an ugly seat cover, and in the back hard leather seat covers.