767s Being Re'pod?

FlyAA777

Aug 23, 2002
Don't want to start rumors, just passing this along. Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Poster on A'Net claiming they work for DH ops says leassors are repoing 767s right now @ ORD. Can this be??? Why would they do it before any labor action was taken?

Because they probably have someone lined up that will actually pay the lease on the equipment!!!! :up:

If you think about it, now is a perfect time for them to attempt to repo the aircraft. United is under considerable pressure right now as they monitor system-wide operations for any signs of AFA CHAOS actions, as well as preparing for their arguments to abrogate the IAM and AMFA contracts tomorrow. Maybe the lessors feel that the last thing United wants right now is to have aircraft repo'd and to have to carve into their flight schedule, given the already huge distraction of possible labor strife.

Maybe they'll repo my plane and I can sleep in tomorrow! :up: (I'm never that lucky....oh, and I'm on a 47)

But don't forget to watch the JetBlue thread tomorrow...I'll be updating their ontime flight! :bleh:

FlyAA777 said:
Don't want to start rumors, just passing this along. Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

Poster on A'Net claiming they work for DH ops says leassors are repoing 767s right now @ ORD. Can this be??? Why would they do it before any labor action was taken?
[post="268187"][/post]​

These maby be the a/c in question in the Appeals Court ruling overturning Wedoff's TRO preventing repossession. Maybe UAL has decided not to pay up as ordered by the appeals court.

From my friends at UAL, all of the 763's are accounted for this morning, and nothing appears to have disappeared overnight.

Depending on the outcome of this afternoon's court hearing, it may be a moot point, though....

Latest posts

Back