US Pilots Labor Discussion 10/13-- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's and idea. Have AOL tell the company they won't sue them, just USAPA, get a contract that has a DOH list then sue for the unquestionably ripe DFR. What are you guys afraid of?

Wouldn't work. Even if AOL made such an offer, ayd other group of AAWP (Angry American West Pilots) could still file the lawsuit. Unless every pilot on the American West seniority list agreed not to sue, it won't work.

Here's and idea. Have AOL tell the company they won't sue them, just USAPA, get a contract that has a DOH list then sue for the unquestionably ripe DFR. What are you guys afraid of?
They don't have the nerve, they know the NIC is long gone.

Reactions: 1 person
He is affirming my statement. The company is not going to negotiate seniority. As you just said they want "the pilots" to give them a list, not we will work with usapa to come up with a revised list. Well, "the pilots" already gave them a list, they paid for it, negotiations complete.

Mr. Parker also said, he was embarrassed to talk about it, five years into the merger, I guess that would explain his absence at the PHX crew news. He should be embarrassed. This debacle highlights the fact that he does not have the cajones to tell the east disgruntled malcontents, "end of story, stop your whinning, final and binding, now lets get on with bussiness", and just like Prater, he is going to lose the property if he does not put the hammer down and soon. Hence the request for declaratory judgement.

The company stated in their letter of joint statement of labor principles, that a DOH list would not be fair, and petitioned the work groups to come to equitable methods of integrating. The company signed the TA, which mandated ALPA merger policy as the means for pilot integration. If the company now reneges on their statements and contractual obligations, they will have proven themselves to be no better than the lowlife union busting SSM&P and usapa, and in my opinion, will no longer be worthy to operate in this industry.
Does this mean if the DOH is used you will be finding other employment?..............I didn't think so.

OMG, you can't possibly believe that!!!!!!! There are only 2 reasons this company would settle a contract. 1. They sold the outfit or bought somebody and they need this settled to make it happen or 2. The LOA 93 grievance went the way of the East pilots (I don't see that either, but you never know).

Aside from this, there is no amount of "good will" in the hearts of upper management that will cause them to sign on to even an industry standard contract. I think they filed that suit because USAPA took the 9th ruling as gospel and was cranking up the pressure for getting a contract. Suit is filed and contract is toast for the time being.

Am I the only one that sees it like this?

Driver B)
The Tempe Toads will delay this as long as possible or until this train wreck is sold.

Reactions: 2 people
Are you new to the industry? Nothing expires. It becomes amendable. As soon as you east guys decide to accept binding arbitration and usapa finds enough talent to get a new contract than you can stop bringing down the rest of the industry.

LOA 93 until most of you retire.
Thats fine with us as long as the west is at the bottom of the list.

They already have.................. You lose again.
We interrupt your regularly scheduled food fight for this important announcement.

Q: Whats the ratio of a pumpkin's circumference to its diameter?
A: Pumpkin Pi !!!

Happy Halloween....Carry on...

Where is your proof? What happens in the next downsizing?

You will never get your DOH. The best you can hope for is indefinite delay and current LOA 93 pay and work rules, until you (USAPA and their supporters) accept reality.

One must sleep in the bed they make.

I sleep just fine. time will tell wise guy.!

While USAPA obviously wants you to believe that, it is hardly "complete untruth" since it's what USAPA's DOH list with C&R's is designed to accomplish - give the minimum protection for West pilots that can pass DFR muster while ensuring that East pilots will be able to take advantage of their new-found seniority in PHX. It'll merely be a slower process than it would be without C&R's.

Jim

USAPA doesn't make up my mind, try again.

I want nothing to do with PHX... just protect the east coast for the east...

why is this so hard.. what is the west afraid of?

this could be solved tomorrow... the west gets the west, the east the east and any additional flying is split.... save millions.

Right - it just tells you what you want to hear. How fair DOH is, how the C&R will protect the West pilots, it's a slam dunk case, etc.

The trouble is that there are plenty that would bid PHX in a heartbeat to get the benefits of their new-found seniority. What you personally want really has no revelence - it's the result of the integration method that determines what will happen. So by supporting DOH with minor C&R's you're indicating that OK with East pilots being able to push West pilots down the rosters in PHX.

Jim

why is this so hard.. what is the west afraid of?

this could be solved tomorrow... the west gets the west, the east the east and any additional flying is split.... save millions.
To bad so far the COMPANY has decided not to split the additional flying but give it all to the east. usapa has no say and no leverage.

So it is not that we keep what we had you keep what you had. It is you get everything the west gets nothing. That is what the east really wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.