A/C 190 (A-321) tail scrape in LAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
""You are so arrogant as to be an embarassment to the rest of the good, fine aviators at USAirways" Aww..shuffles feet..looks down..sighs heavilly...shucks..guess I'll just have to live with that shame then ;)

""How in the hell do you know what he's seen or done in his flying career to date.?" Call it a wild azzed guess on my part ;)

Actually punk...I was hired at Eastern and given a class date for Nothwest (too cold),...afterwards PSA, also offered a job earlier (on strike then though) with UAL..likewise Continental...and ended up in this mess nonetheless. As for your "50 missions over "The North" as in North Carolina"..not all of us are smarmy civilian "wannabe" nutless buffoons with delusions of granduer..."I coulda' been a contender", TV and movie watching bozos......how about just kiss my arse and take up my wager? = 5 Grand stakes, you name the skills to be evaluated in actual flight (I've given up any suggestions of dogfights with you 30 degree bank limited civilian wonders/ultra-wimps) :lol: Jump on it fast..all I've got's 50 missions over North Carolina ;)

"FYI, America West has a lot of ex-military, ex-other 121, and an all around good mix of pilots." Precious few it actually seems..they're welcome to speak up/fight/whatever..and have my fullest respect as comrades.......but YOU are certainly not one such.

"I'd rather fly with an "innocent" co-worker any day than someone like you." No problem good sir...Id' prefer aviating with a striped arse baboon, or better yet? = a bag of sand...rather than yourself ;)

Here's the true drill little boy: Aviation's not about arrogance, nor any aspect of personal BS...the sky/gravity doesn't give a rat's arse about what you so love about yourself...and I really don't care about how many people you paid to find your way into commercial flight...paid hours of instruction from inexperienced people themselves...paid for "checkrides" that were largely a total joke = a money making enterprise at the bottom line.....Just....Grow....Up.

You wouldn't be flying any 757 TRANSCONS this weekend? I feel the obligation to buy you a can of Dr. Pepper ;)

You wouldn't be flying any 757 TRANSCONS this weekend? I feel the obligation to buy you a can of Dr. Pepper ;)

Thanks. Much appreciate the thought ;)...off on a bit of vacation at present though...and potentially about to be killed by my beloved "significant other" Lady if I linger on these boards much longer. :lol:

Take Care/Best for the Christmas season.

Thanks. Much appreciate the thought ;)...off on a bit of vacation at present though...and potentially about to be killed by my beloved "significant other" Lady if I linger on these boards much longer. :lol:

Take Care/Best for the Christmas season.

You too man...if you're ever in PBI or DCA...not that both have a 757 line except from PHX or LAS (Westies) I'll buy you that can of Dr. Pepper Happy Holidays Easties!

Without being too argumentative, I thought the AWA paint jobs at the time of the merger were quite nice and looked good.

I agree, and I also think the East paint job was nice looking. I like both better than the new paint job, and I'd rather have had the West planes painted like the east than go to the new paint job. The idea that a dark paint job is bad in the desert is an urban myth.

We have had our share of tail strikes at HP. Also the Picture's of the HP airbus was a full nose gear collapse. A full flight from IAH to PHX, and the fa''s did an excellent job getting everyone evacuated quickly and safely, even with the back of the a/c unescapable. The 2L and 2R slides were littertly blowing in the wind. Why I know, I was on a 757 on the N1 concourse, and witnessed the whole evacuation.
I think our new paint job looks great! Especially on the bigger a/c. I personally have always liked the old America West maroon and blue livery. I thought the old US AIR silver bullet's looked nice also. The black planes, which I know are suppose to look navy, remind me of pirate scheme. :lol:

We have had our share of tail strikes at HP. Also the Picture's of the HP airbus was a full nose gear collapse. A full flight from IAH to PHX, and the fa''s did an excellent job getting everyone evacuated quickly and safely, even with the back of the a/c unescapable. The 2L and 2R slides were littertly blowing in the wind. Why I know, I was on a 757 on the N1 concourse, and witnessed the whole evacuation.
I think our new paint job looks great! Especially on the bigger a/c. I personally have always liked the old America West maroon and blue livery. I thought the old US AIR silver bullet's looked nice also. The black planes, which I know are suppose to look navy, remind me of pirate scheme. :lol:

Who gives a rat's arse about any cutsie-pie paint schemes? I'm thinking that some overall refresher/review as per landing speeds/stalls/the basics is in order for training to implement.The current situation's chaotic for most all..let's focus on what's "real" ;) I don't do Airbii..but: Not getting this, and any/all other incident reports directly, and immediately delivered to the pilot community's just another example of how "well run" this fiasco truly is.

Who gives a rat's arse about any cutsie-pie paint schemes? I'm thinking that some overall refresher/review as per landing speeds/stalls/the basics is in order for training to implement.The current situation's chaotic for most all..let's focus on what's "real" ;) I don't do Airbii..but: Not getting this, and any/all other incident reports directly, and immediately delivered to the pilot community's just another example of how "well run" this fiasco truly is.
We'll I am not a pilot. I was responding to the general posts on this topic, and not a battle between you and other west pilots. I for on am sick and tired of you guys not getting along. :rolleyes:

you've crashed more aircraft in one year then we have in total! You really need to take a look at yourself and ask why??

That comment is reprehensible. How dare you.

Why did these accidents occur, you ask?
Perhaps you should read the NTSB findings before you start making such statements.
I won't go into maintenance and safety violations at HP. Oops...I just did.

Without being too argumentative, I thought the AWA paint jobs at the time of the merger were quite nice and looked good.

I seriously beg to differ on this. Hands down, no contest -- the AWA paint scheme at the time of the merger was AWFUL and was, much like everything else about AWA, the worst in the industry.. It looked like something out of the Flintstones, and was apporpriate only for a regional carrier. Can you imagine that paint scheme in CDG, FCO, MAD, etc? Ugh.

I agree, and I also think the East paint job was nice looking. I like both better than the new paint job, and I'd rather have had the West planes painted like the east than go to the new paint job. The idea that a dark paint job is bad in the desert is an urban myth.

If AWA, I mean US Airways, wasn't too cheap to properly cool their aircraft while on the ground, the dark paint would have been fine. I have been in PHX in the middle of the summer on a repainted Southwest flight and was cool as a cucumber. I have be in PHX in the middle of the summer on an AWA plane that were we all profusely sweated and thought we were going to pass out.

I seriously beg to differ on this. Hands down, no contest -- the AWA paint scheme at the time of the merger was AWFUL and was, much like everything else about AWA, the worst in the industry.. It looked like something out of the Flintstones, and was apporpriate only for a regional carrier. Can you imagine that paint scheme in CDG, FCO, MAD, etc? Ugh.

Ok Queen Elizabeth. No looking down your snoot there, nope, not at all. By the way, I'll take coffee, and make it snappy.

Since we insist on being childish, attacking each other, and hijacking this thread, I think we'll close it now rather than let people earn time off....

This topic was not about east vs west, or someone's piloting skills. It was about one particular incident and the related fallout thereto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts