A330 Reconfiguation

Unbelievable, I cannot believe that they are actually trying to CRAM more seats into the back of the 330!! :down: That plane was not put here to be flying trailer trash from LAS-OAK and they need to leave it ALONE!!!! BTW, the last row middle is the crew rest seats correct? I hate these people in Tempe.
For some crazy reason Tempe decided to reconfig an airplane they know nothing about, serving destinations they have little experience in handling. Yet, the East 757s remain flying with 8 F/C seats while the West has 14. STANDARDIZE THE FLEET AND I'LL BET THE FEDS GET OFF YOUR ARSE when it comes to procedures and equipment locations. Why the 757 was ever reconfig from 24 to 8 still baffles most when it could have been reduced but never down to 8 (why even bother). And to really throw IT in their face....they decide the E190 needs 11 F/C seats when the a/c will hold only 99......who in the hell comes up with this crap? Not to mention flying this plane PHL-DFW while AA will use a 757, please! :down:

For some crazy reason Tempe decided to reconfig an airplane they know nothing about, serving destinations they have little experience in handling. Yet, the East 757s remain flying with 8 F/C seats while the West has 14. STANDARDIZE THE FLEET AND I'LL BET THE FEDS GET OFF YOUR ARSE when it comes to procedures and equipment locations. Why the 757 was ever reconfig from 24 to 8 still baffles most when it could have been reduced but never down to 8 (why even bother). And to really throw IT in their face....they decide the E190 needs 11 F/C seats when the a/c will hold only 99......who in the hell comes up with this crap? Not to mention flying this plane PHL-DFW while AA will use a 757, please! :down:

Your words are hurtful. HP was an INTERNATIONAL carrier. They flew to Canada and Mexico--have you forgotten?

AA has a hub in DFW so, it is not surprising that they use a larger aircraft.

You know what is funny is that before on the East 75, even with US1 status, I had a heck of a time upgrading, but now, I have been upgraded without buying a super high or FC fare with no problem. Tempe ignores the message that is carried with that fact.

I hate these people in Tempe.

you aren't alone

Once again your company has been shown to a pack of liars cheats and theives.
1.NWA used the 330-300 for domestic routes, NOT transatlantic.
2. Slice it however you like. 4 more seats up front can't be refuted.

And you've been shown to be a self-professed know it all who actually doesn't know what he is talking about.

Do you know the difference between a 757-300 and an A330-300? Northwest absolutely does NOT use A330-300s on domestic routes. A330-200s were basically acquired for Asia routes while the A330-300 was acquired for Transatlantic routes.

You're so aggravating...you spend all of this time b*tching and moaning and posting on this website when you could be earning status on your new airline. You act as though US Airways reverted to an all coach airline with no FF program. If 25-30 people on average pay for Envoy and the rest are upgrades, and the company decides to match actual demand to supply, and then you don't like it because you might not get upgraded, then go to someone who will...and don't let the doot hit you on the way out.

And you've been shown to be a self-professed know it all who actually doesn't know what he is talking about.

Do you know the difference between a 757-300 and an A330-300? Northwest absolutely does NOT use A330-300s on domestic routes. A330-200s were basically acquired for Asia routes while the A330-300 was acquired for Transatlantic routes.
You're so aggravating...you spend all of this time b*tching and moaning and posting on this website when you could be earning status on your new airline. You act as though US Airways reverted to an all coach airline with no FF program. If 25-30 people on average pay for Envoy and the rest are upgrades, and the company decides to match actual demand to supply, and then you don't like it because you might not get upgraded, then go to someone who will...and don't let the doot hit you on the way out.
With HP's FC product, US would be better off ALL-COACH. I am waiting for Tempe to team up with that Bentonville Ark. Company to sell their goods on the planes. Just so they can beat WN to it.

How in the Hell did you guys manage to cram 263 coach seats on that airplane!!! Delta's 777's have 218 in the back and 50 up front, for a total of 268 for the ENTIRE airplane.
Just like Northwest on their A330-300's with their 34 lie-flat (almost) and 264 in back...

Intersting that USA is nearly matching NWA A330-300 interior config -- coincidence?

Mmmmm, where to start on this one. Now God knows I don't need to defend those here that you find "aggravating", however a few things for you to know.

These "aggravating" FF's were so concerned and loved US Airways SOOOO much that they formed the group FFOCUS to let the company know of their concerns. I know of no other group that has had as much heart as this group. They have met with CEO'S, employees. They have been the eyes and ears of stupidity and have worked to change things to make US the best. And here that have offered advice and commentary for the most part with patience and intellect. YOU MAY GET YOUR WISH SOON!! I have seen patient intellect turn in to angry disillusionment. It shows with the frustration I get from theses so called "aggravating' FF's. They have had it. Just remember it will take 10 ma/pa's to make up for ONE "AGGRAVATING" FF. If you are in IT, you better get that crappy website working right to capture thsoe ten more customers and if inflight, kiss alot of assss to keep what is left of out FF's

Let me address the A330 and, well FC in general. I have to agree with an employees who wrote on FlyerTalk that the company isn't serious about "premium" service or they would spend the money to compete with the other carriers.

I have worked the A330. I KNOW the A330. Unless you have transferred to the West from the East recently, you know NOTHING about this a/c. This is a LONGHAUL a/c....7-10 hours flying. It was reconfigured for comfort...to prevent problems such a circulatory problems that have actually caused people to die. This WAS a nice plane. Do you realize that when the company added another row of seat in economy, the people on the last row literally could not put their tray tables down when the row in front of them reclined? PLEASE GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE ARIZONA SAND and STOP TAKING THINGS PERSONALLY!!! This is NOT about YOU or the WEST!! This is about STUPID decisions like this. Do you SERIOUSLY think the other international carriers would do this???

The removal of row 6 and 7 was a good move. I hated those two rows and the only good thing was when BC wasnt full and it could be the crew lounge. Adding extra economy seats is fine, but realize what you are doing to the customers. I have seen FEW decisions this management team has made FOR the company and they have alienated the FF's so much that they actually have to offer EnvoyUp. Did the company ever consider that if they made Envoy what it was when the ac first came out, they would have the highend BIZ travelors flocking to them.

I use to LOVE to work this a/c. Now it is a joke. The service is a joke. We are not the Walmart of the skies. We are BOJANGLES!! Take a trip to London, Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, Rome. Look around the airports. Watch the pride of the worldwide crews. They are proud and they're look reflects it. Go fly BA, LH, Virgin, Swiss, Air France...other US carriers. Take a moment and see what they offer. Then come over to our economy seat during the meal service and you'll know why we are BOJANGLES in the sky.

Do you know what it is like to work a competitive flight like transatlantic and have 50-70% of the customer base at one time or another biitch constantly because of the poor service the COMPANY has provided? And a/c that are treated with little regard or respect looking like a Greyhound Bus that hasn't been serviced since its 4 day journey across America? I rarely work that a/c anymore as I have tired of apologizing to customers for people like YOU who think that our service is just fine...that feel if you don't like it, don't let the door hit your asss on the way out.

You know, I am sick of all the comments like that and the east would be gone if not for the West. That may or may not be true, but if this team continues to make these INSANE decisions, you won't have to worry about doors hitting asssses. There won't be anyone left.

Just so you know, I am a FF, not an employee.

And I wasn't making a general "You FF's are aggravating", I was making a "PineyBob, you are really aggravating."

I'm not taking anything personally, I have no reason or personal affiliation, I just find people that don't have lives and sit around on internet sites all day long and whine like crybabies really annoying. If you don't like something, move on, take your business elsewhere. It happens all the time in my business. I don't sit there and subject everyone to my whining and b*tching when a supplier starts to slack or not meet my standards, I simply suck it up, and quietly take my business elsewhere. I move on. Its pretty unproductive to just sit and subject everyone to your tired rant. Do something more productive with your time. Excercise..do something else..we've now heard it 100 times.

We are BOJANGLES!!

I laughed so hard at this, I actually farted. OMG, that is so funny.

Your post is dead on.

And I wasn't making a general "You FF's are aggravating", I was making a "PineyBob, you are really aggravating."

I'm not taking anything personally, I have no reason or personal affiliation, I just find people that don't have lives and sit around on internet sites all day long and whine like crybabies really annoying. If you don't like something, move on, take your business elsewhere. It happens all the time in my business. I don't sit there and subject everyone to my whining and b*tching when a supplier starts to slack or not meet my standards, I simply suck it up, and quietly take my business elsewhere. I move on. Its pretty unproductive to just sit and subject everyone to your tired rant. Do something more productive with your time. Excercise..do something else..we've now heard it 100 times.

Well, I don't buy it. Your self-righteous attitude smells of the sandcastle.

Why would you care as a customer that another customer has nothing better to do than to "whine"...does it hurt your feelings because you think Tempe is doing such a great job? Put Piney Bob and all of the other whiners, including me, on IGNORE...that way, you don't have to subject yourself to such nonsense as you see it.

You obviously have nothing better to do either because you are here, reading posts, and responding to posts.

I stand corrected on your place with US Airways, but stick to the rest of my post where Piney and many of our Westie employees are concerned. ;)

I laughed so hard at this, I actually farted. OMG, that is so funny.

At least it was a FART!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your words are hurtful. HP was an INTERNATIONAL carrier. They flew to Canada and Mexico--have you forgotten?

AA has a hub in DFW so, it is not surprising that they use a larger aircraft.

Thats always US's excuse for not competing- the other airline has a hub there. How come other airlines don't say we can't send a big plane to PHL, US has a hub there.... theres a hub on both ends!

The E190 is actually believe it or not an upgrade to DFW. They are replacing E170s (so thats a gain of 27 seats and one jumpseat). They also have E170s to DCA and worst of all CRJ900s to CLT... hope they upgrade those too!

AA has MD80s (sorry, SUPER 80s) and B757s. Not sure what they send to CLT

AA has MD80s (sorry, SUPER 80s) and B757s. Not sure what they send to CLT
AA has increased the number of seats between PHL and DFW in recent years. They now run a mix of 738s, M80s and a 757(although I think the 75 comes off the schedule in Feb). They must get a lot of passengers who don't mind a connection in DFW because I find it hard to believe that many people need to be in Dallas each day....

AA has increased the number of seats between PHL and DFW in recent years. They now run a mix of 738s, M80s and a 757(although I think the 75 comes off the schedule in Feb). They must get a lot of passengers who don't mind a connection in DFW because I find it hard to believe that many people need to be in Dallas each day....
I fly PHL-DFW on AA about 6-8 times a year and their flights are mostly full. Last year ((2005), Football year), Eagles had a road game in Kansas City and 1/2 the passengers to DFW were fans going to MCI.

They must get a lot of passengers who don't mind a connection in DFW because I find it hard to believe that many people need to be in Dallas each day....

They have about two-and-a-quarter times US's market share from PHL to DFW in spite of average fares that are a bit over ten percent higher.

Latest posts