A330 Reconfiguation

Anyone flown this more recently to see how the new seating has worked out? Is the bulkhead that was behind row 7 gone now? The seatmaps on usairways.com, even into the summer, don't reflect the 39 rows of Y yet either.

I am just one disappointed customer. I was a US Airways Chairman back in 1997-1998 range, before I moved to the West coast. I flew US Airways in Envoy on my honeymoon on a 767 from LAX-PHL-ROME... It was nice and I loved how pampered and special we felt. It was a good product.

I use to love the first class product the 757s with so many seats, the good service and nice first class product. I then moved west, flew UA and did like it,but always liked US as my first "airline" when I started flying...
Then I started to fly ONT-PHX alot for work.. and flew HP.. since the other choice was Southwest, and did not like the A, B, C Boarding passes.. and thought it was ok.. for short hall... but no UA.. (missed UA).

Then I heard US and America West were merging and I would have access to the US Airways flights and connect via Phoenix.. wow, all these new nice planes, larger..etc..

Then came the mass pitch reduction!! Wow.. A320 getting to 12 F, Reconfiguration to make the pitch tighter... No enhancements to Flightfund (no 100% miles for GOLD or above.. ) etc.
I was disappointed.

But, now, I am really saddened to see the International aircraft being turned into the worst possible type. I think every Executive in US should have to fly in the new configuration on long hauls in coach 2 times and experience the customer experience pre-reconfiguration and post. Someone should see how Southwest has larger pitch, more space on planes and making ton of cash..
Someone should see the products on Virgin Atlantic and British Airways and put a mid-grade class... (give people options).

I am just disappointed.. and also 120 Segments for Chairman's... that is dumb.... people who fly segments but low miles earn you more profit... I have paid $225 for ONT-PHX and $338 for ONT-PHX-PHL... but I get more status for those flights..

Sorry.. just disappointed.. and the reduction of pitch on these beautiful aircraft is awful.. just awful!

I know what you mean.....although I hope they leave the 737's the way they are! Heard some of the west 737's have 3 oxygen mask on one side and 4 on the other.....brings back nightmare MD-80 days going to MCO! :shock: Let's hope that those planes STAY out west.....because they won't work over here with all the flights from the NE cities to MCO!
The west Airbus fleet is always 4left/4right in coach, 3left/3right in first. The Boeing fleets get really dicey. There are some 737s that are 4/3, but they alternate sides! So unless there is a placard, we are supposed to treat all Boeing a/c as 4left/3right.

You guys call the 73 the Tuna Can? Out here I've heard it called the Ghetto Jet, the flying toilet, and the Jurassic Jet.

Clue, that was really a very cheap shot. Not nice!!!
It may be a cheap shot, and it is not like we are losing a merger partner, it is only the customer and flight attendants affected. Why would he drink, unless champagne on how stupid we all are..

I flew to Rome on a reconfigured plane less than two weeks ago. Went to Rome in Coach and came back in Sleeper Class thanks to the wonderful cabin crew. The crew was great both times, they did the best with their tools which were average. I did not find the back too cramped however the sleeper seats seemed a bit narrow. The crew bitched about the reconfig but also admitted that Envoy was seldom full and if full was filled with nonpaying employees. They agreed that the current config for envoy actually fits demand but they also said they could have left out the extra coach seats....I agree. Great plane, great crews, made me proud to work for USAirways.

You guys call the 73 the Tuna Can? Out here I've heard it called the Ghetto Jet, the flying toilet, and the Jurassic Jet.

The best name for the 737 still has to be "Satan's Chariot"! :up: Although with the new Airbus configuration chaos the 737 is starting to look good again! I wonder if the AWA Boeing fleet will ever get configured 4 masks per side? Seems pretty ridiculous that that was never fixed in the past. :huh:

And why are they hanging on to those precious SIX seats up in Business Class/Envoy when they are NOT sold as Int'l FIRST!? Eliminating rows 6&7 in Business made sense since this cabin appeared separated from the larger Envoy Cabin. If people are not willing to PAY for Int'l First those SIX seats need to be yanked out and another row of standard Envoy Seats added. As of today we DO NOT offer a Three Class Int'l Product so why are these seats remaining? (Not to mention these seats are not that great anyway....unless you want to see what it is like to sleep in a coffin) :down: :lol:
I think we should return the current coach flight attendant rest seats back to the passengers. The company has admitted that coach revenue is where the money is. In return we take the seats in row 1 as a crew rest area. This would include one seat for the flight deck crew and five seats for the flight attendants. (Aft cabin would be able to split breaks into two time periods instead of the current three.) This would place the most coveted exit rows back to our passengers. The ridiculous curtains can be removed and crew would be able to rest without constantly being knocked out of their seats by passing passengers.
The first class seats would offer an extra layer of security around the cockpit. The Forward lavatory could be reserved for the exclusive use of crewmembers.
And per the company the coach seats increase in revenue will definitely offset the price of removing row one from sales.
:huh:

I know what you mean.....although I hope they leave the 737's the way they are! Heard some of the west 737's have 3 oxygen mask on one side and 4 on the other.....brings back nightmare MD-80 days going to MCO! :shock: Let's hope that those planes STAY out west.....because they won't work over here with all the flights from the NE cities to MCO!

You mean all those flights from Philadelphia to MCO. US Airways doesn't fly to MCO from any place else in the northeast.

You mean all those flights from Philadelphia to MCO. US Airways doesn't fly to MCO from any place else in the northeast.

Try these on for size....PHL, CLT, PIT, DCA, BWI, CMH, BUF, ALB, PVD, BDA, and of course EYW on the EMB. B) And yes, a lot of those non-hub flights are on the 737.

The west Airbus fleet is always 4left/4right in coach, 3left/3right in first. The Boeing fleets get really dicey. There are some 737s that are 4/3, but they alternate sides! So unless there is a placard, we are supposed to treat all Boeing a/c as 4left/3right.

Probably the most appropriate name for the 737 is "Satan's Chariot"......the plane sucks, plain and simple even if it has a refurbished interior and a NEW paint job. And the trips- ugly on paper and brutal in reality. (Visualize a Roundtrip to Hell with a "ripe" outhouse ready to rupture! :lol: )