AA - 787's...?

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
With Boeing unable to "hypothetically" deliver a 787 until "2012", I find this (somewhat) Interesting !

AA plans/scams "everything" Waaaay ahead, So I'm wondering WHAT they know already about the Long Range Fleet ?

Sure, some of the newest 767-300's would only be 20 years old in 2012, but how many ?(FWAAA/F M do some research plz)

Looking at the fleet, NO problem (in 2012) with the 737/(most) 757/777, but LARGE problem with (most) S-80, and "HUGE" problem with the A-300's !!!

So unless AA "gets in line" for the 787 SOON, logic points to the 777 and A-330. AND we know how MANY Rumors THAT can cause. :shock: :shock: :shock:

NH/BB's

The good news is that there are rumors that Boeing may open a second production line for 787s and thereby double output if new order demand stays strong.

A few quarters ago, Arpey and Beer commented that they were interested only in the 787-9 version, which at the time wasn't projected to be delivered until 2012 or so anyway. Since then, Boeing has revised the EIS of the 787-9 to 2010 or so, but has also introduced an even longer stretch (787-10) that is due to EIS in about 2012.

I wouldn't worry - when AA finally orders 787s, I expect an order for about 100 of them to be delivered about one or 1.5 per month - and I assume that Boeing can arrange the delivery schedule to get AA its first one whenever Arpey says he wants it.

With Boeing unable to "hypothetically" deliver a 787 until "2012", I find this (somewhat) Interesting !

Looking at the fleet, NO problem (in 2012) with the 737/(most) 757/777, but LARGE problem with (most) S-80, and "HUGE" problem with the A-300's !!!

So unless AA "gets in line" for the 787 SOON, logic points to the 777 and A-330. AND we know how MANY Rumors THAT can cause. :shock: :shock: :shock:
NH/BB's

The Airbus leases were renewed until 2009.

AA may possibly take delivery of the 787 earlier if people who ordered them early can't take them.

The Airbus leases were renewed until 2009.

AA may possibly take delivery of the 787 earlier if people who ordered them early can't take them.

When you look at the airlines that have ordered the 787, for the most part they are preety healthy. Therefore I don't see aircraft or production slots becoming avaliable.

When you look at the airlines that have ordered the 787 for the most part they are preety healthy. Therefore I don't see aircraft or production slots becoming avaliable.

Northwest is healthy? I guess you can say they are since airlines apparently never go out of business regardless of what they do. :unsure:

Northwest is healthy? I guess you can say they are since airlines apparently never go out of business regardless of what they do. :unsure:

I said for the most part, I did not say "all". Besides if NWA were to cancel their 18 orders AA would have to compete with airlines that have deeper pocket books.

If you look at Boeings order book for the past five years you will see that most are from overseas carriers.

BTW... The NWA 787 was at one time reported to have Rolls Royce engines. These engines are not due to enter service until 2012 per ATW magazine. NWA still claims their 787's will enter service in 2008, but then again what can you believe from SCAB Air.

The good news is that there are rumors that Boeing may open a second production line for 787s and thereby double output if new order demand stays strong.

A few quarters ago, Arpey and Beer commented that they were interested only in the 787-9 version, which at the time wasn't projected to be delivered until 2012 or so anyway. Since then, Boeing has revised the EIS of the 787-9 to 2010 or so, but has also introduced an even longer stretch (787-10) that is due to EIS in about 2012.

I wouldn't worry - when AA finally orders 787s, I expect an order for about 100 of them to be delivered about one or 1.5 per month - and I assume that Boeing can arrange the delivery schedule to get AA its first one whenever Arpey says he wants it.

==========================================================
FWAAA,
Details plz. on the following;
787--9
787--10

EIS ??

Thanx,

NH/BB's

EIS = entry in service
787-3 = 3500nm range (higher density) 290 seats
787-8 = 8300-8500nm range 210-250 seats
787-9 = 8600-8800nm range, 250-280 seats