AA Agents: CWA or Unorganized?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eolesen said:
The union has to rely on its track record, and I don't think it's all that great. Comparing what Verizon has with an airline sounds great until you start to remember that the CWA is a telecom union first and foremost, and a lot of what they've accomplished for their call center workers at Verizon is piggybacking off what they got for the ultra-skilled guys also represented by CWA who work as linemen and switch technicians. CWA has nobody else to piggyback off of at AA.
CWA Passenger Service Agents have some of the best scope in the airline industry and then some. Thanks for the acknowledgment that CWA has represented its workers well and have leading wages and benefits

eolesen said:
None of the agents I've worked alongside and stay in contact with have any interest in voting in a union. They've seen what little good the TWU has been able to accomplish thru the bankruptcy process, and are more worried about losing the flexibility they have today.
And the AA agents I have talk to want a union and see the benefits that the Passenger Service Agents have at USAirways

john john said:
And the AA agents I have talk to want a union and see the benefits that the Passenger Service Agents have at USAirways
Where? ORD? LGA?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
john john said:
Where are these agents you speak of...

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.