USAIR (CWA) agents in Admirals Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm speaking as ONE stakeholder in DL. I don't need anyone else's permission to go after new business - the rest of DL's stakeholders are professionals who will do what they need to do to maximize every revenue opportunity.

What no one at DL outside of a very select few will do is make a singular decision that we don't want a customer's business. There might be a few customers per year that are put on a blacklist and are asked never to fly DL again - but that is an extraordinarily rare event.

Again, we'll take all of the revenue of any customer that isn't satisfied with the service they receive from any airline.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Good riddance and are you speaking for Delta Corporate again?

How is it a good riddance if you aren't an AA passenger, don't work for AA?  I never said I was leaving AA.  I like DL, they run a great operation and are very dependable.  That said there are somethings I prefer about AA. But with the merger depending on how things play out, DL is probably where I will end up if it goes downhill.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
I'm speaking as ONE stakeholder in DL. I don't need anyone else's permission to go after new business - the rest of DL's stakeholders are professionals who will do what they need to do to maximize every revenue opportunity.

What no one at DL outside of a very select few will do is make a singular decision that we don't want a customer's business. There might be a few customers per year that are put on a blacklist and are asked never to fly DL again - but that is an extraordinarily rare event.

Again, we'll take all of the revenue of any customer that isn't satisfied with the service they receive from any airline.
Stakeholder?

Nope you are a retiree with an obsession.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:
Stakeholder?

In addition to being a retiree, he may own some Delta stock, which reinforces his role as a "stakeholder."    By that measure, I'm also a stakeholder in AA, DL and WN, as I'm long on all three.  

The difference is you dont speak for WN, DL nor AA, he acts like he speaks for DL, he uses "we", Kevin and others have called him out numerous times.

And he would be a shareholder.

WorldTraveler said:
Delta would welcome Josh's business. and not because he is Josh but because he is a passenger who brings revenues.
And now that Delta is number 2 they need whatever they can get. Even Josh!

Reactions: 4 people
retirees ARE stakeholders. They have a vested interest in their company's success. Those who left their company without a retirement package wouldn't understand. Some people don't understand that there are people that want to see their company succeed and don't mind doing what they can to get business for the company - even if it is the active employees who will get the profit sharing.

Perhaps it is because those who have received profit sharing like the system enough that they want to make sure that others get it.

Tell me again how much profit sharing AA/US employees got last year and how much they will get in this year based on the projected $3B profit.

DL was #2 as soon as UA merged. The irony is that based on the latest quarter and DL and UA's projected growth, DL is now the #2 airline and has passed UA back up.

Again, those of you who exalt in AA's position are destined to face the reality that AA/US has significant assets that have yet been passed to other carriers as part of the divestiture agreement and significant rationalization of its network that was one of the primary justifications of the merger. "rationalization" will happen and it always means job cuts... some carriers have done that voluntarily, in other cases it has been slow and painful attrition, and in some cases it has been forced. Job cuts will happen. AA/US has more than 10K more employees than DL or UA has for a network that is not disproportionately larger.

It is worth noting that based on the first quarter, AA/US spent about 10% less than DL and UA spent PER EMPLOYEE on salary and benefits.

AA/US' bloated employee ranks are possible because of the low salaries they have relative to their legacy peers.

And don't even bring WN into the discussion unless you want to see even worse differences in pay.

Remember that the whole discussion here is about an AA and US employee working side by side in the same club?

And BTW, Bob, DL has seen the strongest revenue growth in the industry over the past several years.

AA might see it and it is fine if they do but remember that all of those stations that have duplicate AA and US people doing the same function will have to be resolved.

700UW said:
Stakeholder?

Give this a read company boy:

http://dowelldogood.net/?p=545

As a DL retiree, WT is most definitely a stakeholder in DL and interested in DL's long term success. Shareholders by contrast are someone primarily concerned with maximizing profits (or rising share prices) of a company.  A shareholder is a stakeholder, but a stakeholder is not necessarily a shareholder.

Josh

thank you, Josh.

and this highlights exactly why DL employees want nothing to do with the typical union mindset that is focused on getting as much for "me" at the complete expense and without any desire to ensure the company's success.

yes, I know that not everyone in a union believes that way but that mindset is so typical of unions and has been proven to be so destructive to the companies on which their future depends.

Somehow, though, union members are surprised when the company is unable to deliver because it has failed.

Remember the mantra of UA's pilots in the summer of 2000? Guess what airline fell the hardest in BK?

a share holder is someone who has shares in a company  and not necessarily an employee.   my dad never had any shares in DL considering he retired after 33 yrs of service with DL      so it does not necessarily mean every single employee of DL is a shareholder 

Reactions: 1 person
robbedagain said:
a share holder is someone who has shares in a company  and not necessarily an employee.   my dad never had any shares in DL considering he retired after 33 yrs of service with DL      so it does not necessarily mean every single employee of DL is a shareholder

again, a STAKEHOLDER is someone who has in interest in the success of something or someone.

A STAKEHOLDER is NOT necessarily a SHAREHOLDER which is someone who owns equity (ownership) in a company.

Employees are not necessarily shareholders but many employees own stock in their companies.

I owned some stock in Delta before I left and still have some.

It has by far been the best performing stock in my portfolio.

My interest in seeing DL succeed as a company has little connection with the stock I hold.

Kev3188 said:
Oh, FFS...

Is this still about Admirals Clubs, or are we getting yet another linguistics lesson?
I don't suppose it crossed your mind to reply to the comment and clarify who is and is not a stakeholder.

I don't know if you own DAL stock but you are, by definition, a stakeholder as an employee.

your voice of reason could serve to help moderate the environment on here. and, yes, I do see you as a voice of reason.

And, yes, those who see themselves as stakeholders in a company rather than just employees will do what they can to ensure the company's success.

If they agree with Josh - which some here have - that discussing labor issues in front of customers is something that should not happen, then they will act on what is best for the company and not union or personal interests.

Of course, at some point, Parker will rationalize those duplicate jobs out of existence so the discussions will end at some point.

How much profit sharing did you get WT?

And your pension is frozen correct?

And when I hit 50 or 65 I do get a pension, just depends on when I want to take it.

I do not work for the IAM nor do I collect any money from them.

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts