AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

You do understand that your asking a IAM fleet negotiator to explain to you a lawsuit brought on by TWU 565? Ok I’ll give you my answer. And that is, I don’t have a clue. Maybe you should ask your TWU 565 boys to explain. And if they refuse? Then yes, I agree, you have a issue.
I can only tell you that being IAM Clt based fleet, if we had a lawsuit, I would fully explain why to my members.
That would be tough to do, hes in the international. You might say hes a made man thats untouchable.

No, thats actually the answer that i expected. And i do beleive you are being honest in it. What i would be curious as to what changed your opnion on next week if your not comfortable saying i understand or you could message me.
No, thats actually the answer that i expected. And i do beleive you are being honest in it. What i would be curious as to what changed your opnion on next week if your not comfortable saying i understand or you could message me.
I don’t mind sayin. Usually if things are close to getting done , then they have the TWU and IAM teams come in. This isn’t happening next week.
So that’s the main reason. Yes the executive team is meeting with the company next week, but the full negotiating team is not going.
Now hopefully I’m proven wrong, and I’ll be the first to get on here and be happy about being wrong. But you ask for my opinion.

That would be tough to do, hes in the international. You might say hes a made man thats untouchable.
That’s easy to say, and I say that because 30+ years ago I was anti union. But since you said that’s tough to do, I can assume then you have contacted him and he didn’t respond??

That’s easy to say, and I say that because 30+ years ago I was anti union. But since you said that’s tough to do, I can assume then you have contacted him and he didn’t respond??
Have had numerous conversations with him. He gets very touchy when you question him. He does tend to cut you off if your opnion differs. At this point very doubtful he would take my phone calls since my opinion differs markedly. I would like to say up to the protests he had my solid support needless to say that has waned considerably. Im not the only one with that opinion. You might say big ego's dont leave much room for others...its true absolute powes absouloutly corrupts you might say

Have had numerous conversations with him. He gets very touchy when you question him. He does tend to cut you off if your opnion differs. At this point very doubtful he would take my phone calls since my opinion differs markedly. I would like to say up to the protests he had my solid support needless to say that has waned considerably. Im not the only one with that opinion. You might say big ego's dont leave much room for others...its true absolute powes absouloutly corrupts you might say

Ok. If you say you contacted him, I have no doubt, since your one of the very few on here that ever contacted me. I respect that! But as a fleet service negotiator, I don’t really know what to tell ya. And I mean that meaning, I feel your pain. The whole reason I got involved with the union years ago, was because I was being ignored. So I do know what you mean.

I would like to make clear i dont hate unions or am anti-union. I am pro-membership which clearly is not something our leadership has not embraced. The only tool a union has is an educated and motivated membership. We are not that.

Ok. If you say you contacted him, I have no doubt, since your one of the very few on here that ever contacted me. I respect that! But as a fleet service negotiator, I don’t really know what to tell ya. And I mean that meaning, I feel your pain. The whole reason I got involved with the union years ago, was because I was being ignored. So I do know what you mean.
I assure you i have and i do appreciate the understanding or sympathy? The funny thing is i try to attend union meetings and stay informed. I dont just throw rocks i do make an effort to not be a hypocrites.

I assure you i have and i do appreciate the understanding or sympathy? The funny thing is i try to attend union meetings and stay informed. I dont just throw rocks i do make an effort to not be a hypocrites.

Please don’t feel the need to defend yourself. I was only telling you where I came from. Like I said. I respect you because you cared enough to contact me. I’m only giving you my opinion after 37 years with the company. And like I said before, many of those years being anti union. Changing unions is very hard. You or finding someone you trust to step up and change things is much easier.
But again, whichever way you decide, more power to ya. It’s just a lot of people make decisions on their emotions at the time, instead of their brains.

Please don’t feel the need to defend yourself. I was only telling you where I came from. Like I said. I respect you because you cared enough to contact me. I’m only giving you my opinion after 37 years with the company. And like I said before, many of those years being anti union. Changing unions is very hard. You or finding someone you trust to step up and change things is much easier.
But again, whichever way you decide, more power to ya. It’s just a lot of people make decisions on their emotions at the time, instead of their brains.
Thank you! Have a good night, and hopefully your wrong about next week and something will come from it

Thank you! Have a good night, and hopefully your wrong about next week and something will come from it

Believe me. I’m very hopeful I’m wrong about next week. And like I said, I’ll be one of the first on here to cheer that I was wrong. Thanks, and you have a good night also.

CB. In ur opin if say after next week if things do not go do u believe we will be in an extended holding pattern with other groups coming up for talks..pilots in particular?

CB. In ur opin if say after next week if things do not go do u believe we will be in an extended holding pattern with other groups coming up for talks..pilots in particular?
First of all, we are in mediated talks. The NMB decides when we meet and where and how long. The other groups, although yes, negotiating with the company, are not in mediation.
So we will continue to meet whenever the NMB schedules talks, regardless of what the other groups are doing.

So based on all of this we are continuing to be screwed because this stupid ass union wants to remove the lawsuit.
That’s how I read the fact the groups are not going to be involved in talks next week.
We remain unimportant to these guys and yes you can count me in as one who thinks both of these unions are completely useless and don’t give a damn about us who pay our dues.
The ASS. must go

VOTE NOW

So based on all of this we are continuing to be screwed because this stupid ass union wants to remove the lawsuit.
That’s how I read the fact the groups are not going to be involved in talks next week.
We remain unimportant to these guys and yes you can count me in as one who thinks both of these unions are completely useless and don’t give a damn about us who pay our dues.
The ASS. must go

VOTE NOW
Like I said earlier. More power to ya. I assume you are on the TWU mechanic side also?

Back