AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Just read the twu express. Only thing in there about us, is for their permanent injunction. Now that’s just sad.

Just read the twu express. Only thing in there about us, is for their permanent injunction. Now that’s just sad.
It's a waste of my union dues. Perfect example where the real money and interest of the TWU is going. Mine goes from the mailbox to the shredder.

I suspect that phone conversations have been ongoing and that if they truly meet next week it will be to finalize the AIP.

I have no proof of this but the deal is this I can’t see any agreement being made if no progress is made before the end of Jan
We will most definitely be put on Ice till late in the year

i also suspect conversations have been going on. unfortunately the association thinks so much about the membership they dont even bother informing us of any dates that have allegedly been scheduled. just another case of "we are accountable to n oone!"

sign a card, we deserve better

A card drive always puts pressure on a union especially when the union is engaged in negotiations. This has been going on for years. With the TWU the ones that are reluctant to sign for this reason will then later say we should have signed cards because the TWU screwed us again. Then the cycle continues again. We keep doing the same thing and the same results transpire. It's insane how we continue to accept the failures of the TWU contract after contract.

What does that kind of pressure do?Does it pressure them into getting a good contract or pressure them to get an inadequate contract faster?

Both well said.

i also suspect conversations have been going on. unfortunately the association thinks so much about the membership they dont even bother informing us of any dates that have allegedly been scheduled. just another case of "we are accountable to n oone!"

sign a card, we deserve better

As of now, they are meeting next week, and there are no more dates to be scheduled. Your not being left out with the info. You know what we know. But next week of course there could be more dates scheduled.

As of now, they are meeting next week, and there are no more dates to be scheduled. Your not being left out with the info. You know what we know. But next week of course there could be more dates scheduled.
We learned of the upcoming meetings from AA and the media, not from the Association.

Thank you for the "unofficial update". So as of now the saga continues and goes on and on and on.
The association had its chance to produce. It did not produce. Time for change. They had their chance to prove their worth. It has not. Whose fault it was does not matter they clearly have a different agenda with very little regard for the membership, what we want or dont want.
The clock is ticking the end is near.

We learned of the upcoming meetings from AA and the media, not from the Association.
I’m not sure, I can only give you my opinion. But the association probably didn’t post the meetings because they don’t expect anything happening next week. Again, that’s just my opinion.

Thank you for the "unofficial update". So as of now the saga continues and goes on and on and on.
The association had its chance to produce. It did not produce. Time for change. They had their chance to prove their worth. It has not. Whose fault it was does not matter they clearly have a different agenda with very little regard for the membership, what we want or dont want.
The clock is ticking the end is near.
If I can remember, because you and I talked on the phone before. You are on the TWU Mechanic’s side.
If you feel you need a change, then more power to ya. My only suggestion to ya would be that you might want to contact just one of the thousands of FORMER NW mechanics that thought they wanted a change too. They came running to the IAM saying they made a mistake after it was too late.
But again, if it’s what you feel you need to do, then more power to ya.

The most glaring problem is communication or lack of.
The problem the association has is that in this day and age with social media a small comment is magnified 100x and they still absouloutly refuse to recognize that. The days of negotiations like the it used to be done is over. Again the association i.e. the iam since they are the ones publishing the updates refuses to acknowledge that fact.
Just out of curiosity did it ever occur to the two members of the association to send out holiday greetings to the peasants? You know the ones who pay the bills?
I really really look forward to saying " i told you so"
There were plenty of warnings.

Back