AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

How about laying off those that are not needed,and if absolutely needed giving those that are left a way smaller cut???
Imo, layoff awards will be completed long before September 30th. They will be minimized with a buyout package to be announced in June.
The buyout will be a half year pay, some health care and miles. I know some shop stewards are saying 1 year pay but that is not true and isnt going to happen. The company wants the ground unions to go first then it will work on a pilot buyout package. I think we need to make sure we get the same % as pilots so if we go first then we need a me-too.
At any rate, management is hosing management. They are only offering 1/3 pay for x months and 21 months health care. We are getting more.

25% cut in hours > 25% cut in pay.
No Concessions, but if a union presses and secures concessions then getting paid 32 hours at current pay is much better than working 40 hours at 25% reduced pay.
Correction there timmy. 25% cut in hours is NOT greater than 25% cut in pay. They are in fact the same. Example: $50 bucks an hour wage. Cutting hours by 25% goes from 40 per week to 30 (not 32). So $50 X 30 hours equals $1,500.00. Now take 25% of $50 bucks = 12.50; $50-12.50= $37.50 X 40 hours = (are ya ready) the very same $1500.00.
OK kiddos, this completes our daily assignment of computing % cuts to pay and % cuts to hours. Lesson learned here folks. 25% is 25% no matter where you take it from.

So question for ya timmy; If you were to take a 25% cut in hours, as well as a 25% cut in pay at the same time, would that not be 50% cut over all in take home??? (no taxes in this example) And still using $50 per hour in wages and 40 hours per week. :)

Correction there timmy. 25% cut in hours is NOT greater than 25% cut in pay. They are in fact the same. Example: $50 bucks an hour wage. Cutting hours by 25% goes from 40 per week to 30 (not 32). So $50 X 30 hours equals $1,500.00. Now take 25% of $50 bucks = 12.50; $50-12.50= $37.50 X 40 hours = (are ya ready) the very same $1500.00.
OK kiddos, this completes our daily assignment of computing % cuts to pay and % cuts to hours. Lesson learned here folks. 25% is 25% no matter where you take it from.

So question for ya timmy; If you were to take a 25% cut in hours, as well as a 25% cut in pay at the same time, would that not be 50% cut over all in take home??? (no taxes in this example) And still using $50 per hour in wages and 40 hours per week. :)

You are mathematically correct wise one. However, I am sure OP was implying if the end result is the same monetarily, working less hours for the same pay is better. Hence the > symbol. Class dismissed

How about laying off those that are not needed,and if absolutely needed giving those that are left a way smaller cut???

ALUS78 Just a question who is going to make the decision on who gets cut? If there is a layoff then straight by seniority and then let the chips fall where they may.
You sound like you think you are more important than the next guy, Well someone may think that he/she is more important than YOU. NO CUTS should be taken layoff as many as needed that way when you get recalled you come back with what you had, and then the next round of negotiations will start from there since the Unions don't put snap back clauses in the deals we have now. WAKE UP.

How many more times are you guys going to let the unions/company cuts wages so that they can keep heads then cut the heads anyway. When are YOU going to learn?

You are mathematically correct wise one. However, I am sure OP was implying if the end result is the same monetarily, working less hours for the same pay is better. Hence the > symbol. Class dismissed
So tell me. What is the difference in these two symbols? > & <

ALUS78 Just a question who is going to make the decision on who gets cut? If there is a layoff then straight by seniority and then let the chips fall where they may.
You sound like you think you are more important than the next guy, Well someone may think that he/she is more important than YOU. NO CUTS should be taken layoff as many as needed that way when you get recalled you come back with what you had, and then the next round of negotiations will start from there since the Unions don't put snap back clauses in the deals we have now. WAKE UP.

How many more times are you guys going to let the unions/company cuts wages so that they can keep heads then cut the heads anyway. When are YOU going to learn?
Absouloutly, cuts and concessions never work. They are taken advantage of and pissed away. The promise the make isnt worth the paper its written on.

Since the percentage number seems to be 30 percent as we have seen that number at UA and now AA, that seems to be the number fleet will see and maybe maint but they could be slightly less.
Keep in mind it’s likely we are going to see more planes flying even as soon as June.
Payloads are up and I suspect that trend will continue.
So I think 30 percent is about right. As far as pay yes there should be no pay reduction for those that remain. That should be made clear to the union and the company.
There are other ways to reduce cost

Imo, layoff awards will be completed long before September 30th. They will be minimized with a buyout package to be announced in June.
The buyout will be a half year pay, some health care and miles. I know some shop stewards are saying 1 year pay but that is not true and isnt going to happen. The company wants the ground unions to go first then it will work on a pilot buyout package. I think we need to make sure we get the same % as pilots so if we go first then we need a me-too.
At any rate, management is hosing management. They are only offering 1/3 pay for x months and 21 months health care. We are getting more.
The TWU gave us a me too clause when this happened last time. Unfortunately we didn't know it was a 17 year me too clause.

upload_2020-5-29_11-30-11.png

Given AA is going to begin reducing mgmt and admin by 30% n then offer the VEOP and VLOA similar to recently. However they said furloughs will occur if they dont get enough takers. How deep pay cuts I wonder will accompany the furloughs and how steep

Kev.
The problem is there isn't any money involved with this offer.

I know the company is trying to hold on to all the cash they can, but if you included some money, since no one is getting any furlough pay, some money should be included. The offer is decent, but if you put some sort of cash component, you would get a lot of the people you are targeting out the door.

Since you are hoarding cash, you still have to spend some to accomplish your goal of shrinking (personnel) down the road. Are DL and AA is offering some cash in their offers?

Just my opinion on this.

Latest posts