AA applies for REC, SSA, and CNF

Service approved.

AA will offer flights to five Brazilian cities starting in November.
Thanks, Mark. That is great news. Now, what are your predictions for new routes from Miami to Europe? I know, I shouldn't become overly optimistic, especially in the current economic climate.

By the way, do you know if the routes approved are going to be scheduled as you posted earlier on this thread?

Peace,
Art in MIA

Thanks, Mark. That is great news. Now, what are your predictions for new routes from Miami to Europe? I know, I shouldn't become overly optimistic, especially in the current economic climate.

Though keep in mind European tourism to Miami has exploded in 2007 (up 19%); European traffic to Miami is up significant; and capacity on Miami-Europe is also up - including on AA - this winter by about 15%. No new routes this winter, but Miami-Milan is a question of when, not if. Miami-Barcelona is also a strong candidate for future service.

This winter Miami-Heathrow will be 10w and Miami-Madrid will be a year-round 777.

By the way, do you know if the routes approved are going to be scheduled as you posted earlier on this thread?

Peace,
Art in MIA

Yes, but AA and DL, the only applicants, comprimised on frequencies. AA and DL originally asked for a total of 26 frequencies when there were only 21 available. Instead of fighting for them, AA reduced their application by one frequency and DL reduced by four. So CNF service will operate 3x weekly instead of 4x.

Encouraging news all the way around. Thanks for the information. It would be great if we flew MXP out of Miami. I have fond memories of flying Milan out of Chicago.

Keep the good news coming...

Peace,
Art in MIA

Latest posts