AA discontinuing American Way

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
AA announces in Dallas Morning News that it is discontinuing American Way magazine. Oh NO! Where will I get my information about high-priced Miami Beach Condos? You know...1-3 bedrooms starting at only 1,000,000???
Interestingly in the same addition AA announced that it is once again the world's largest airline. Getting rid of the magazine seems a bit chintzy, don't you think?

Reactions: swamt and dfw gen
They had some hot ass on the cover of those magazines over the years.

That being said American Way is a fantastic waste of paper.

They could go digital in the world of tablets and e-readers however, it might be difficult to capture an audience given the available options of other media. I mean why read American Way when you can download an interest magazine to your tablet or e-reader before the flight then use it in airplane mode?

AA announces in Dallas Morning News that it is discontinuing American Way magazine. Oh NO! Where will I get my information about high-priced Miami Beach Condos? You know...1-3 bedrooms starting at only 1,000,000???
Interestingly in the same addition AA announced that it is once again the world's largest airline. Getting rid of the magazine seems a bit chintzy, don't you think?
WoW! I thought all the airlines were rid of their inflight magazines. I don't even remember when SWA rid of theirs, maybe 5 years ago? Maybe more?? Most were very thick and most full of airline sales for items while flying then moved to home products. A complete waste of $$$ if you ask me. Digital is the way to go now days...

Most of those were produced by outside companies who sold the ad space and paid the airline for the right to put them in seatbacks.

I'm guessing COVID destroyed whatever value was left in that advertising space...

WN, AS, DL, and now AA have dropped their mags. UA is bucking the trend for now -- Hemispheres returned in print this month.

Good write up on this by my longtime acquaintance Benet...

Last edited: