AA MD80 cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
for the last several days including today, AA has been above average among US carriers for cancellations.

Drilling down, the vast majority of cancellations are M80 flights to/from DFW.

Any idea what is going on? maintenance issues, crew shortages?

Reactions: 1 person
thanks for the vote of confidence, but I asked because I don't know.

it does seem obvious that there is a higher rate of cancellation for DFW M80 flights than for other hubs or other fleet types.

this past week alone  at least 2 or 3 AA MD80s sat for couple of days    due to maintaince   not sure what type  of maintaince issue  but in all cases  the planes flew out safely

WorldTraveler said:
for the last several days including today, AA has been above average among US carriers for cancellations.Drilling down, the vast majority of cancellations are M80 flights to/from DFW.Any idea what is going on? maintenance issues, crew shortages?
Why do you care and how does this affect you? Go away WT, nobody wants you in our forum. SMH

Reactions: 3 people
sorry for the intrusion but the statistics ARE public and can easily be seen.

perhaps robbed is right and I would suspect he is but it would have to be more than 2 or 3 airplanes out at a time to affect 20 plus flights per day.

and if it is a maintenance issue, what came up and why now?

If anyone knows the answer, DO NOT post it on here.  No one cares except WT, and he has some bogus statistic he wants to post about how DL's MD-80's have not had a cancellation since April 10, 1868 (or maybe it was April 11, 1968, you never know with his made up data), and how this is so much better performance than AA.

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.