AA among 10 most hated companies

I do not know of anyone at US wishing ill-will toward AA or the employees. And anyone who does has a very short memory indeed. The point for posting this was to highlight what has been happening to once great airlines far too many times. It seems every time a company has turmoil some organization is more than happy to kick 'em when there down. Now it is AA's turn at the bottom. US no longer has the lead at being the worst and I don't mean that to be condescending in the least.

The faster all the employees at AA get this episode behind them the stronger they will be. Whatever form your restructuring takes I am sure it will be a better future than the recent past. Then everyone will turn the spotlight on the next airline mess. Any speculation about who that could be. IMHO I think after everyone else has gone through the dark it will be Southwest's turn. Wouldn't it be nice to one day be able to stop worrying so much. The only way for that to happen is for the entire industry to finally get its fundamentals right and quit beating the hell out of the employees.
Well stated. We have seen many GREAT Airlines (Pan Am, Braniff, TWA, Eastern) disappear over the years and have witnessed the Rise of the Southwest's of The Industry. Like I have stated MANY TIMES, I'll fly ANY of the Legacies, ANY Time, Any Where, ANY Place. Just NEVER Southwest..........it's N-O-T in my DNA. (And never will be!)

Johnny kat, meet CactUS4Ever, he's your fellow employee with the short memory.
I'm actually an ex TWAer and an ex AAer..when AAThrew me out in the street US saved my ass. I got a recall to AA and then I quit because the TWU is horrible and the AA work environment is not healthy. I have no anger towards AA employees just AA management and TWU. Sorry if I offended any AA employees. I did talk to IAM officials and I asked them what would happen with senority in case we acquired AA and they said it would be strictly DOH. I wish the TWU did that for us TWAers. We as US employees agree DOH is fair. I Hate the TWU for stealing my seniority. I feel like i was raped and gangbanged by TWU and I would not wish that on anyone.

Understood, just sounded like you wished the demise of every AA employee. As a dues objector I agree with your assessment of the TWU.
No way I have many friends at AA and I would never wish demise on the employees.Honestly there is no reason for AA employees too keep the TWU around. They steal your dues and do nothing for you. Your better off non-union or vote some other union in especially if they cut pensions in BK. Something to think about.

Reactions: 1 person
No way I have many friends at AA and I would never wish demise on the employees.Honestly there is no reason for AA employees too keep the TWU around. They steal your dues and do nothing for you. Your better off non-union or vote some other union in especially if they cut pensions in BK. Something to think about.

Need to ask Jimmy Little how the TWU can get topped out dispatchers at UPS a 130k a yr for what is essentially a 6 week school to get that ticket but cant keep AMT's off food stamps at AA?

same thing with the IAM...They love United ramp and customer service but threw NW mtc and ramp under the bus....Now working on getting rid of USAir ramp...Destroyed USAir mtc 5 years ago. Don't unions want to represent people anymore. You can't trust the company or the unions anymore..we're back in the 1930's again...all by ourselves....

Reactions: 1 person
Need to ask Jimmy Little how the TWU can get topped out dispatchers at UPS a 130k a yr for what is essentially a 6 week school to get that ticket but cant keep AMT's off food stamps at AA?

It's true that you can attend a school and get a ticket in 6 weeks, but you fail to mention that there istypically a 12 month OJT program that one goes through at AA before they utilize that ticket.

The dispatch profession has done ok over the years at other unions and associations, not just the TWU. Don't disparage the dispatchers because the TWU or other unions have not done as well for AMT's. They have important, yet different, responsibilities then an AMT's important responsibilities.

It's true that you can attend a school and get a ticket in 6 weeks, but you fail to mention that there istypically a 12 month OJT program that one goes through at AA before they utilize that ticket.

The dispatch profession has done ok over the years at other unions and associations, not just the TWU. Don't disparage the dispatchers because the TWU or other unions have not done as well for AMT's. They have important, yet different, responsibilities then an AMT's important responsibilities.

The liability/responsibility we shoulder vs a dispatcher's isn't even close.
Dispatcher's get the wages they do for the simple reason/same reason AA pays the MOC techs mid 40s/HR.......fewer personnel to pay that rate to. Period. IMO...

Dispatcher's get the wages they do for the simple reason/same reason AA pays the MOC techs mid 40s/HR.......fewer personnel to pay that rate to. Period. IMO...

While I don't share your opinion, I can understand why you believe the way do. I will stand by my opinion that we all have important, but different responsibilities. We have a license and a career to lose if we screw up, just like a pilot or AMT.

In any case, let's not eat each other while the company is getting ready to belly up to devour us all.

Cheers

It doesn't matter what any of us do, your only worth what you can get.

While I don't share your opinion, I can understand why you believe the way do. I will stand by my opinion that we all have important, but different responsibilities. We have a license and a career to lose if we screw up, just like a pilot or AMT.

In any case, let's not eat each other while the company is getting ready to belly up to devour us all.

Cheers

Copy. ;-)

Latest posts