AA Seniority after LCC Buyout

gasman

Apr 15, 2003
The real question is this, Since AA has filed Chapter 11, like TWA had before AA aquired them, how do the American Union employees, especially the American Flight Attendants feel about being stapled to the bottom of USAirs seniority list? Remember, AA flight Attendants have enjoyed the benefits of working over the past 8 years while they agreed with their Union regarding stapling the TWA flight attendants to the bottom due to TWA being in BK!

Reactions: 1 person
And the ex-TWA employees complained to their Congressional representatives until Congress changed the law to require a more equitable seniority integration in the future, denying anyone the chance to give the nAAtive AA FAs a taste of their own medicine in case someone buys AA's assets in the future. :D

And the ex-TWA employees complained to their Congressional representatives until Congress changed the law to require a more equitable seniority integration in the future, denying anyone the chance to give the nAAtive AA FAs a taste of their own medicine in case someone buys AA's assets in the future. :D

Those TWAers are real heroes. Thanks to them and McCaskill-Bond that travesty that occurred at AA won't happen again.

Those TWAers are real heroes. Thanks to them and McCaskill-Bond that travesty that occurred at AA won't happen again.

Perhaps the AA employees should be reconsidering the stapling and clearing the way now before it's too late! Heads Up!

Perhaps the AA employees should be reconsidering the stapling and clearing the way now before it's too late! Heads Up!

I disagree gas...If it were still legal I'd never want my name or conscience associated with stapling.

I disagree gas...If it were still legal I'd never want my name or conscience associated with stapling.

What I was trying to say is this, now is the time for the American Employees to straighten out this mess of stapling before they become aquired. If not, then AA employees might very well find themselves at the bottom with years of legal fees to right the wrong while working or even out on the streets.

What I was trying to say is this, now is the time for the American Employees to straighten out this mess of stapling before they become aquired. If not, then AA employees might very well find themselves at the bottom with years of legal fees to right the wrong while working or even out on the streets.

Did you not read or do you not understand the posts that correctly discuss the new law? Because of the ex-TWA FA complaints, stapling can no longer occur, denying you (or anyone else) the chance to seek retribution against the nAAtive AA FAs to punish them for stapling the TWA FAs. Your entire premise has been co-opted by Congress.

Did you not read or do you not understand the posts that correctly discuss the new law? Because of the ex-TWA FA complaints, stapling can no longer occur, denying you (or anyone else) the chance to seek retribution against the nAAtive AA FAs to punish them for stapling the TWA FAs. Your entire premise has been co-opted by Congress.

First of all, I had nothing to do with S1300. I'm trying to help the AA FAs out by stating that it would be in their best interest to correct the seniority list now before the aquiring Airline decides. Regardless of S1300, the aquiring airline can staple, however, they would have to go through the legal channel just like MidWest flight attendants, who just recently overtuned the stapling due to McCaskill-Bond bill. This can take years in court. The aquiring airline would simply state that stapling was good enough for the BK TWA employees why not staple the BK AA employees and let them fight it out in court, while the US Air employees enjoy a few years of super seniority!

Good Luck if AA employees believe this can't happen to them!

Below is the link to Midwest FAs win. They were stapled after the McCaskill-Bond Bill was in place and it took years to correct!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/30/midwest-attendants-idUSN1E7AT1HB20111130

Ok ,I am a US employee. And I do firmly believe that US and AA will combine. But in no way do I believe that US will staple AA to the bottom .Its just something we do not do . It's not fair , ethical ,nor can it even occur with new laws in place . And starting a thread like this just creates animosity where we simply don't need it .

Ok ,I am a US employee. And I do firmly believe that US and AA will combine. But in no way do I believe that US will staple AA to the bottom .Its just something we do not do . It's not fair , ethical ,nor can it even occur with new laws in place . And starting a thread like this just creates animosity where we simply don't need it .

Below is the link to Midwest FAs win. They were stapled after the McCaskill-Bond Bill was in place and it took years to correct!

http://www.reuters.c...E7AT1HB20111130

http://www.reuters.c...E7AT1HB20111130
That's fine but the bottom line is that we at US would never agree to staple anyone to the bottom .

That's fine but the bottom line is that we at US would never agree to staple anyone to the bottom .

I agree that stapling is wrong. Most (AIRLINE EMPLOYEES, and others) at this point would believe that the AA fas would want to thank the former TWA f/as for pushing for a law, which now protects the very ones that stapled their newest members, the former TWA f/as to the bottom! Now would be the time to show respect towards the former TWA f/as by allowing them the same respect and seniority protection by reversing the stapling of seniority!

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts