AA - UA - DL -CO - NW

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

FLY,

"Sometimes" I really think ..WT is "yanking HIS own Chain" :p :p :lol: :rolleyes:
NH/BB's
QA4Jet-A,

When you refer to your company(as Air Trash), are you refering to "Air Tran" ???
NH/BB's
Unfortunately yes. This is not how I perceive us but some others do... I like my lil company... we have fun, have I think a decent product to offer and sometimes we make a Buck $$ or two. Shoot me for being honest but... LOL... I Love my job!!!

QA

We all know that this Industry is at(most) times a "Lunatic Asylum"

Looking at the 5 legacy's is a "interesting read"

Starting with DL, and UA.

Though in BK, DL Very confidently expects to thrive, due to JFK International expansion, while suggesting that "UA" is in dire straits, though not realizing "that" they are.

UAL is "hel* bent" on "climbing in the rack" with somebody(Something the Industry needs)

CO goes around "Smug",and "dressed to kill", while pretending to not notice that almost every other carrier is admirering their their A$$.

NW, ever the INDEPENDENT and Very QUIRKY outfit, wants to go about their business(with their BRUTAL concessions in hand), as...INDEPENDENT, and Very QUIRKY !!

And finally AA.

AA is like a LION at rest, in the tall thick grass,motionless and ever vigilant to their surroundings.

Bottom line ..... "What does it all mean" ?????????
NH/BB's

NHBB

I think this guy's entire life revolves around AA...I mean the 'lion'.

NHBB

I think this guy's entire life revolves around AA...I mean the 'lion'.
Beats being married to Miss Biatch of the year! If NH/BB accomplished a full career with AA and is happily retired, I say, more power to him for a job well done. In this day and age, it is becoming harder to do. One question whaledriver, What does your entire life revolve around? .. and I'm thinking we are getting waaayyyyy off track here on the DL board...

NH/BB sez:

I am going to go out on a limb and say: I have a feeling nothing is going to happen, at least for a long time. I just have this feeling that there wont be a merger especially if profits are starting to turn....

NH/BB sez:

I am going to go out on a limb and say: I have a feeling nothing is going to happen, at least for a long time. I just have this feeling that there wont be a merger especially if profits are starting to turn....

The airline industry is not quite as bad of as alot of people make it out to be.

The reality is that the US network carriers are in the best position to compete not only against the "AirTrashes" of the world but also against European carriers that are much further back on the competitiveness curve.

As for our mutual internet addiction, you can't catch a disease from USAviation, you can't be pulled over for being under the influence, it's basically free entertainment, and we can live a life on this board that is considerably different from reality - and no one knows the difference. Not a bad way to spend a couple hours per week.

It's all about the Asian routes. Without them, NW and UA would be toast. With them, they are ripe for takeover by someone with deep enough pockets. ONE of them will be part of a merger in the next year, but not the two of them with each other.