AA/US Merger

I never got laid off from AA and I was never fired...I do not have a bad attitude at all..They would have to close at least 4 hubs for me to get laid off and I dont see that happenning...I love my job and Im looking forward to a new beginning at the new AA...I am confident we will stick together and get the best contract for us. I need this job to last me 15 more years..We will be the biggest and best airline out there so lets act like it. lets stick together fellas...I am hopeful we will be the best.

Reactions: 1 person
I never got laid off from AA and I was never fired...I do not have a bad attitude at all..They would have to close at least 4 hubs for me to get laid off and I dont see that happenning...I love my job and Im looking forward to a new beginning at the new AA...I am confident we will stick together and get the best contract for us. I need this job to last me 15 more years..We will be the biggest and best airline out there so lets act like it. lets stick together fellas...I am hopeful we will be the best.
Boy, are you nieve!!! I don't know where you've been the last few years, but hooking up with AA will be no walk in the park for ex US people! ------ the "I got mine, and yours" syndrome is live and well here at AA!!! Good luck to you all! If this goes through, you'll be in for quite a ride!

Boy, are you nieve!!! I don't know where you've been the last few years, but hooking up with AA will be no walk in the park for ex US people! ------ the "I got mine, and yours" syndrome is live and well here at AA!!! Good luck to you all! If this goes through, you'll be in for quite a ride!
Im not worried and I am not nieve. Im ok with whatever is decided. I go to work to put food on my table not to play politics.

That's what I said when I worked for TWA!
I got news for you. I also worked for TWA and I never felt that AA screwed us like most TWA did. I was happy they gave me a job and full company seniority and 25% job seniority at my station. I got along with most AA employees and I'm still friends with them. So I don't understand what your saying. Please explain

So your saying AMFA is a better union. They will get leading industry wages but they will also give away all your heavy checks. What good is a union with just a handful of people left working. AA has close to 8000 mechanics. After AMFA is done there might be 2000 left. That's the joke

I got news for you. I also worked for TWA and I never felt that AA screwed us like most TWA did. I was happy they gave me a job and full company seniority and 25% job seniority at my station. I got along with most AA employees and I'm still friends with them. So I don't understand what your saying. Please explain
Makes you feel like an ol' whore doesn't it?------ Explain? O.K.------ When I moved to K.C. in 1992, the Overhaul Base employeed over three thousand. On the day I retired, there were just over one hundred! Today? Zero!!!!

So your saying AMFA is a better union. They will get leading industry wages but they will also give away all your heavy checks. What good is a union with just a handful of people left working. AA has close to 8000 mechanics. After AMFA is done there might be 2000 left. That's the joke

No you just said that. Putting words in my mouth and lies. You are assuming and you need to post facts. You are so pissed that you can not post facts and put words in peoples mouths. Thanks, that shows your intelligence.

Teamsters is the leader in Outsourcing. That was already proven in another thread by the UAL guys. SWA after dumping the Teamsters got back at least TWO heavy lines and are the highest paid in all the carriers. The TWU already gave work away but they are second to the Teamsters in giving up work. After this merger goes through we will have over 10,000 AMT's and over 2,000 Title II guys. This merger will maintain a head count well above your self proclaimed 2,000 AMT's. Please tell us more that we should know since facts seem to disagree with your mode of thinking.

what makes you think it is a take over? all the reports indicate it is a merger not a take over.. if you think its a take over then how would you describe dl-nw co-ua and fl-wn

In previous posts...I had argued that that this was a takeover by AA of US. That was based on the financials of the deal, HDQ location, systems that were likely to remain, likely that AA's culture to remain, and the probability that AA's unions would survive. However, now that I see how Doug Parker is decimating ranks of AA's management, I fully believe this is a takeover of AA by US...actually a takeover of AA by America West.

In the end, I blame Horton for losing control and I don't give any credit to Parker. He just had to wait till AA announced union pay cuts...then Parker went to them and offered them 50% of the savings of the merger. That's something he learned in his failed attempt at a DL takeover. I think it's really sad and, in the end, the union members will pay for it with even more inept management than they felt they had before.

Reactions: 7 people
The employees of AA don't realize what is going to happen to their airline, culture, and working conditions over the next few years.
It will be dramatic change - and any ideas that the new AA will look, act, or feel like the old AA should be purged from your brains immediately.
DP and Co.'s main focus is getting a pax from A to B on-time with their bags. He has no interest in competing on service, just cost.
The poster above was almost correct, but it's not AmWest that you will transformed into, it's "Mesa Grande".
Cheers.

Reactions: 2 people
I think that you are all off the mark on this one. Given how AA has been run for the past 10 years, did anyone really think that Parker was going to come in and leave all of the current AA management intact? From what I am seeing it appears to be doing a decent job of taking a blend of people from both sides. I also think that your assumptions of a drastic decline of AA service levels following the merger are wrong. At the time of the US/HP merger, it was a case of survival on both sides. I'm not an advocate of going cheap, but when it comes to survival, you do what you must to keep going.

Reactions: 3 people
DP and Co.'s main focus is getting a pax from A to B on-time with their bags. He has no interest in competing on service, just cost.
The poster above was almost correct, but it's not AmWest that you will transformed into, it's "Mesa Grande".

I think Parker knows more about competing against Delta and United than you do.

Latest posts